1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mods in multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by relquiem, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Kufell

Kufell Pangalactic Porcupine

Quite the necro there.. But anyways, I'll elaborate a bit; Mod compatibility varies dependent on what the mod adds, mods that affect the client such as UI mods will run fine. It's when you start getting into mods such as new items, armours and weapons that rely on new files that things start to get unstable. Your character will generally be invisible to others due to missing assets for other players, which seems to be a precautionary method as if they were able to see you they would crash, as has been a major issue in the past, this still can occur with certain items, but not as much. These sorts of mods will also cause the server to start spamming out errors due to these extra assets, which isn't good for the server.

2. Carcyn

Carcyn Void-Bound Voyager

I'm using the Lyetzi gunshop mod and equipping armor and weps from this mod. If i go on a multiplayer server such as Galaxycitizen, would they be able to see my armor and wep?? Or am i just invisible or naked to other players?

3. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Depends on whether or not those particular players have that mod. If they don't, then you will appear invisible and your ship will appear invisible. That is, only to other people. You'll still be able to see everything, just they wouldn't be able to.