Mods for Select Saves Only (Even Possible?)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Saraneth, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Is there some way to configure the game through a mod or something else that would allow a player to select which mods should be activated for which files? For example, if I wanted a certain content patcher to show on one save but be disabled (or ignored) on another.

Is this kind of thing even possible?

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

With content patcher 1.5, I believe it's possible (for CP mods only)
      So which CP mods that you wanted to load?

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

It's something I've thought about before with non-CP mods (like ensuring that I'm not tempted by the CJB Item Spawner on files where I've given myself a challenge or am trying to play through straight), but I was reminded again with this "Zelda Link to the Past Overhaul". One of my files is dedicated to a Link/Hyrule theme, and I would like to try this mod out without it interfering with my other save files.

• coldazrael

Hm well that's quite complicated mod xD
          I'm able to work it out but I'll need deeper communication with you. Perhaps you could PM your discord?

• coldazrael

Right, that took longer than I expected so.. I'll just give you this.
            Replace the content.json and manifest.json in the [CP] Zelda Overhoul Mod folder with the ones from the zip file below, then open the content.json.
            In this line >> "Value": "xyz",

Simply change the xyz to your farmer name that you want to have the mod to be loaded on, then save.

Keep in mind that :
            -This isn't tested yet.
            -The Zelda-themed SDV logo and anything that replaces the appearance in main menu won't load because it's set only to load whenever you're accessing your farmer.
            -Also I'll remind you that you need Content Patcher 1.5 and SDV 1.3.29 (beta) to get the mod working.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
              HopeWasHere likes this.
            • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

I'll have to get to testing this one later this week (hopefully, lol) Thanks again!

• coldazrael

I'm not actually forcing you but, I recommend that you do this test asap.
                Because this test will (or might) changes the unofficial CP converting activities if it turns out to be working :D
                What I mean is every time I do unofficial CP conversions, I'll add the selected save-based config for all my upcoming or perhaps previous unofficial conversions. Not sure if another converter will do that as well, but you did a great job for community for giving this sort of idea :D