1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

ModPackHelper [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Dolan, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolan

Dolan Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi green3y3, I would love to make it compatible with Mac OS but I don't have one at home (and installing a virtual machine for MacOS is a pain in the...)
    However, may I say something wrong but MacOS uses the same shell commands (.sh) as Linux (aka bash).
    So that using the linux .sh in my package, with a minor change, might also work for MacOS ;)

If you could try the script in attached file for me on your Mac and confirm that it work, I'll be gratefull and update the script for all Mac users.

You'll just have to change Starbound compiler location in the ModPackHelper_vX.Y.sh script :
    (Replace line 22) :
    Code:
    asset_tools_folder="${starbound_folder}linux32/"

with :
    Code:
    asset_tools_folder="${starbound_folder}Starbound.app/Contents/MacOS/"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  2. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

thanks for your response, i tried it and this was what happened:
    did i do it correctly? i replaced the line with the "linux 32" into "mac os" as you said. do i have to put something in a different directory?

edit: can't unpack the assets using the normal terminal way (6 step) either.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  3. Dolan

Happy new year to all and sorry for the delay of my response (New year's eve is in cause ;))
    The file I had put in attachment already have the modifications (that's why I strikethrough the part where I tell to replace the code).
    However with your log I realise that MacOS don't have the "readlink -f" command (to get absolute path from relative).
    Could you try with this new one ? (Nothing to change inside ;) just put it in the "mods" folder)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  4. green3y3

happy new year, dolan! i tested your script in various directories, this was the outcome every time:
    maybe this post can help.

5. Dolan

Thanks for the reply green3y3. I know where the trouble come from.
    I'm finally installing MacOS, so that I will be easier to test the script.
    Meanwhile you can try to replace lines 30,31,32 with this ones (specific to your Starbound location) :
    Code:
    starbound_assets_folder="/Users/green3y3/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/assets/"
    starbound_mods_folder="/Users/green3y3/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods/"
    asset_tools_folder="/Users/green3y3/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/Starbound.app/Contents/MacOS/"

Don't forget to put the script in your "/Users/green3y3/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods/" folder

6. green3y3

thanks for the efforts, your script will be useful for MacOS modders or just curious people!

7. Dolan

Have you replace the lines specific to your Starbound location and does the script work for you now ?
    I haven't finish yet to install a MacOS and didn't have a lot of time the past weekend but I'll try to finish the generic Linux/Mac script for this week.

8. green3y3

i replaced the lines (that is 22,23 and 29) regarding the folders. placed the script in the mod folder but it doesn't work:

9. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Hey, it looks like chucklefish updated the modpacker which causes your tool to stop working. :( Do you plan to update it?

10. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I got the asset unpack function to work properly by putting all the tool's files directly in the asset folder, but I can't get the mods to pack like I remember doing all the time before.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable compatibility update for Upbeat Giraffe!

11. Mara1681

Mara1681 Phantasmal Quasar

How can I use the .sh file? Last version which I have in bat file is 0.7 and the last one is 0.9b, but in different file type. Why?

12. Dolan

Hi folks, and thanks for the feedbacks.

It seems that some commands are working differently on Mac than on Linux.
    I'm still working on it (Still asking myself if I'm doing it in a same script for both Mac and Linux)

I just realised with your feedbacks that with the update, mods folder as moved in a subfolder called "giraffe_storage".
    However assets folder location has not move and that's why it is still working.

It seems to be just a simple location modification to do in my script (adding folder "giraffe_storage" to starbound_mods_folder variable)
    For windows .bat (Line 17)
    Code:
    set starbound_mods_folder=%starbound_folder%giraffe_storage\mods\
    For Linux .sh (Line 21)
    Code:
    starbound_mods_folder="${starbound_folder}giraffe_storage/mods/"
    I'm going to do some non-regression testing before pushing online the update, meanwhile you can try it by your own.

Latest official versions are 0.7 for windows (.bat file) and 0.8 for linux (.sh file). Version 0.9b is a beta script (It merged script for Linux32/64 and partial compatibility with MacOS).
    To know how to launch it refer to this guide (Part "Linux with ModPackHelper")

13. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Why don't you release the change as an update to your tool? You already know what to change...

14. Dolan

Good point for me to test before releasing it because I realize that "asset_packer" commands has also changed and required a new argument to work.
    Releasing it as soon as possible.

Mackinz likes this.
  15. Dolan

16. NoShotz

NoShotz Void-Bound Voyager

I can't seem to get it to work, i launch it, and it closes automaticly

17. Dolan

Wich version ans OS are you using ? Did you have any log in the ModPackHelper.log ?

18. Nserk

Nserk Big Damn Hero

I have the same problem on Windows 8.1 x64, the cmd says "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\..\..\win32\ not expected"....
    I hope it could help...

19. Dolan

I think, guys
    Thanks for the reply.
    Is the file located in Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods folder ? If not, could you try located there ?
    Could you also tell me where what choices did you do ?

20. NoShotz

NoShotz Void-Bound Voyager

I am using windows 7, and it it doesnt even make a log file

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.