1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

ModPackHelper [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Dolan, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolan

Dolan Pangalactic Porcupine

Most of the time when not working, doing it step by step helps ;)
    You could also copy the path from the File Manager and paste it after de "cd " in the emulator.

2. Stormalisk

Stormalisk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Holy Kibble, I got it to work!!!

Now how do I get it to select a mod again?

3. Dolan

Don't know at which step you are but follow those :

4. Stormalisk

Do I rename the .pak to a .modpack?

5. Dolan

Which .pak are you talking about ? The assets/packed.pak ?

6. Stormalisk

Yes.

Oh dear, I think i'm talking about something this doesn't do?

A guy pointed me in this direction when I was asking how to open the assets .pak for Linux. I'm terribly sorry if this inconvenienced you.

7. Dolan

No that's fine. It's not the first goal of this mod but I'm thinking about adding a choice to the unpack list to allow to unpack the assets.
    But for now, yes you can use it for that but you will have to manually copy the "assets/packed.pak" to "mods/" and rename it at least with the ".modpak" extension.
    It will extract the all thing in a "packed" folder. Then move it where you want.

8. Stormalisk

Oh, ok thank you very much for the help.

9. Dolan

You're welcome ;)

10. Dolan

11. Stormalisk

Letting you know, like you wanted, that there is a current problem with the Linux unpacking that not all files are present after the unpack. I noticed many of the files were not present.

12. Dolan

Have you wait for the message "Assets successfuly unpacked ..." because process could take a while.
    My tool just avoid to type the long and sometimes complex command line.
    It uses the same "asset_unpacker" program, so it will be weird if it doesn't extract the same content.

13. Dolan

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  14. Stormalisk

I remember I did get an "access denied" glitch from it as well. Though it extracted anyways, likely is part of the reason. Yet I set it to executable.

15. Damiano de' Caretti

Damiano de' Caretti Cosmic Narwhal

I know it does NOT go along with anyone's intrests,but...right now,while writing this...I'm watching how the folder with the unpacked assets gets filled...I'm so commoved... :D
    And even if I can't do proper modifications,I can still do packs of other modifications thanks to THIS ...

16. CommanderWasp1x

CommanderWasp1x Big Damn Hero

Sounds like the best packer/unpacker I seen so far, lol :)

Damiano de' Caretti likes this.
  17. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

I have to admit, I wasn't able to get it to work properly.

It does pack it, unpacking also no problem, but the modpack file ultimately doesn't work like the mere folder. The log file didn't show any anomalies and it also unpacked it in the correct order, so I can't really say what's not working there. System is Windows 7, here's the log:
    Code:
    09.06.2014  0:15:25,89
    Adding file /assets/objects/wired/door/door.lua to the target pak as '/assets/objects/wired/door/door.lua'
    Adding file /pak.modinfo to the target pak as '/pak.modinfo'
    Output packed (undigested) assets to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\automaticDoors.modpak in 0.219s
    edit: I think I found the issue. I have an additional assets folder in my modfolder, and the modinfo file therefore puts the directory to "assets" instead of just ".". When I use the default it works. Your program seems to have issues with that, don't ask me how.

final edit: Ok, it seems that the default packer has the same problem, and as your packer relies onto it, it is obvious that it doesn't work. So just disregard the issue, I will have to flow with the water here I guess and use the basic directory :p

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  18. spjoe

spjoe Space Hobo

can you please rename function names in the linux shell script from
    • :start -> start
    • :next1 -> next1
    • :chooseMods -> chooseMods
    , because ':' as leading chararcter does not work in all shells, e.g. zsh.

Please consider this change for your next update :)

Thanks for the great scripts!

Ps: Oneliner to replace corrupted functions.
    Code:
    cat ModPackHelper_v0.8.sh | sed -e 's/:start/start/g' | sed -e 's/:chooseMods/chooseMods/g' | sed -e 's/:next1/next1/g' > ModPackHelper_v0.8.sh.fixed

19. Dolan

Hi spjoe and thanks for the feedback. I didn't know about zsh so that I named the shell function to get as close as the bat script (For a maintenance issue).
    I changed function name from ":function()" to "pFunction()" and I took advantage of it to merged the 32 and 64 shell script.

I upload the 0.9 beta script so if you could have a try and tell me if it's ok for you (Other people could give a feedback too and much more people with a 64 bit kernel).
    If all is right, I'll put the new version online.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  20. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

any chance getting this for mac os?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.