1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

ModPackHelper [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Dolan, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolan

Dolan Pangalactic Porcupine

Dolan submitted a new mod:

ModPackHelper - A batch tool to help you packing and unpacking mods easily

Read more about this mod...

2. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Thank you so much!!

3. Dolan

You're welcome.
    I did this to help me save time for packing/unpacking and avoiding to launch windows cmd.
    Hope it could help as much people as it can.

4. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Well let's hope the .modpak is final format for mod package files haha.

5. Dolan

Extension name is based on Bartwe description. It's easy to change by editing the "mod_ext" variable in the batch file.
    I don't know If it's the final extension name, but if it's not I will update the tool with the right configuration.

6. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

The one reason why i like batch files.

Easy to edit without help of 3rd party programs.
    Might not look as pretty, yet Starbound has no sugar coated 3D design either and is great !

7. Spinlock

Spinlock Void-Bound Voyager

Only need one more little thing..... Pack ALL and Unpack ALL.

That would replace about 3 little utility programs i use in one.

8. Dolan

Challenge accepted ;)

Spinlock likes this.
  9. Spinlock

wewt!

10. Dolan

Spinlock likes this.
  11. Dolan

Will add soon possibility to select multiple mods to pack / unpack

Spinlock likes this.
  12. ShackledTime

ShackledTime Phantasmal Quasar

I can't seem to get it to work properly, when I put the batchfile in my mods folder and start it up, I select a choice and the program closes, when not in the mod folder(instead in a file on my desktop) I use it and when it says it's unpacked something the document titled 'modpack' says 'The system cannot find the path specified.'

13. Dolan

Hi ShackedTime.
    What version causes the problem ?
    What OS did you use ?

14. Spinlock

15. ShackledTime

I tried both versions on a Windows 7 computer, would that be a problem?

16. Dolan

Nope, I don't think Win7 is the causes because I tested it on both Win7 and Win8 and didn't have any problems.

1) Could you check that you've got both "asset_packer" and "asset_unpacker" executables in "Starbound/win32" folder

2) Could you be more precise on what step the program crash ?
    1. Choose action
    2. Action choosed (Precise wich one crash or both)
    3. Choose mod
    4. Mod choosen (Precise what choice)
    5. Launching asset_* command to pack / unpack
    Hint : You can see the message that cause the crash by launching the batch file through Windows command (Ex : G:\Games\Starbound\mods\ModPackHelper_v0.2.bat)
    1. Type Win+R or Start button, cmd, Enter
    2. Type G: (Change the drive with the one where the batch file is located)
    3. Type cd Games\Starbound\mods (Change the path with the one where the batch file is located)
    4. Launch the batch file by typing ModPackHelper_v0.2.bat (Type Tab key until it show you the file and then type Enter)
    5. Do the same actions than before and this time you could see the error because the window command won't close (Because you opened it manually).
    3) The problem if you didn't put the batch file in the mod folder is normal, because by default the batch is using relative path to start "asset_packer.exe" or "asset_unpacker.exe" in "win32" folder and it didn't find them.
    If your mods are located in another folder than the original one, you'll have to change the "asset_tools_folder" value in the file to target the "win32" folder (Both relative or absolute path work)
    Ex :
    set asset_tools_folder="G:\Games\Starbound\win32"
    or
    set asset_tools_folder="../../Games/Starbound/win32"

Hope it could help ;)

17. ShackledTime

I think it's a problem with the computer, whenever I try to access the asset packer or asset unpacker in the win32 file, it only stays open for a split second before disappearing, any idea why?

18. Dolan

You mean like double clicking on "asset_packer.exe" ? If it's this, this is normal because "asset_packer.exe" and "asset_unpacker.exe" or kind of libraries and needs arguments to work (My batch files gives them when you made your choices).
    You can see it by launching one of them with the same steps explained in the Hint of 2) of my previous post.

It also could be an Windows UAC trouble or antivirus blocking the call of "assert_packer.exe". You could try to launch the batch file as admin (Right click -> Run as admin).

Have you see a more explicit message when launching the batch manually (Hint of 2)) ?

19. ShackledTime

I've decided against using an asset packer/unpacker at this point, sorry to have wasted your time.

20. Dolan

No big deal. May it help others.

Damiano de' Caretti likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.