Modding Help Modifying player.config values from external status effect

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by kurioshopp, Aug 11, 2020.

1. kurioshopp

kurioshopp Void-Bound Voyager

I was trying to make a status effect that altered some values in the player.config file while it was active on the player, and I am having trouble getting it to work. Specifically, I want to have a status effect change certain values under "zeroGMovementParameters" in the player config, or another way that achieves the same result as changing the values. I am looking in the player.config at this bit here:
    "zeroGMovementParameters" : {
    "flySpeed" : 1.5,
    "airForce" : 0.75,
    "airFriction" : 0,
    "bounceFactor" : 0.3
    },
    I'd like to be able to make the flySpeed go up, for example. Or increase the airFriction value. That sort of thing.
    And I want to do it from a status effect, but a back item would work too.
    I think I have to use the .lua file of the status effect to achieve my goal, but I'm not sure how to modify existing game assets to get this result and I don't really have the time to learn LUA enough to write a new file from scratch.
    Does anyone know how to modify values in the player.config from elsewhere? Or achieve similar results?

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Check out the Green \ Yellow Syringe consumable status effects

3. kurioshopp

Looks relevant, but I'm not sure how to properly reference the movement parameters related to zero G in place of the glow or jump boost. Good place to start though, thanks!

4. kurioshopp

upload_2020-8-24_15-11-24.png
    I could copy this out of jumpboost, and modify it, but I'm not sure what to do to it to change the zeroG movement parameters in the player like below
    upload_2020-8-24_15-17-53.png

Attached Files: