1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Modify Matter Manipulator 1.3

Lets you modify the matter manipulator (aka beam axe) for free!

1. noname2tellu

noname2tellu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

noname2tellu submitted a new mod:

Modify Beam Axe - Lets you modify the beam axe (matter manipulator) through S.A.I.L

Read more about this mod...

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

You should probably write a huge red text warning about character breaking probabilities on top of your mod description. I always read the whole text walls, but a lot of other playes rarely do. It ll help you avoid a LOT of arguments about it! :3

3. builderman1q2w3e4r

builderman1q2w3e4r Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why's it called "beam axe"? Is that its name in the code or something?
    Because i'm pretty sure a lot of players refer to it as the matter manipulator

4. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Phantasmal Quasar

how about the ability to change the tools color?

5. Ecarus

Ecarus Void-Bound Voyager

Dunno if your there or not but sadly it is crashing now.

6. noname2tellu

"Dunno if your there or not but sadly it is crashing now."

I'm trying to update the mod atm. I've got it working I think, but I'm going to make sure using all the commands and such don't cause the game to crash (my other mod is 90% fixed too :V, but crashes atm).

7. noname2tellu

noname2tellu updated Modify Matter Manipulator with a new update entry:

Updated to Pleased Giraffe

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1440636753][/DOUBLEPOST]The mod has been updated to Pleased Giraffe. I... oh... hmm guess the update message gets thrown into this thread. Hazah!

Everything should be working ok. I'll be playing starbound a bit more often now because of the new update so I'll try to get any bugs I find fixed.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  8. noname2tellu

noname2tellu updated Modify Matter Manipulator with a new update entry:

Small fixes and additions.

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. Ecarus

Ecarus Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome, can`t wait to test it now.

10. noname2tellu

11. maxgb2000

maxgb2000 Void-Bound Voyager

Why doesnt it allow quests?
    It shows my S.A.I.L. Talking about what i need, but there is no box at all for the quest, i have mined at least 50 core fragments!

12. noname2tellu

Just as a heads up on what is happening to this mod when 1.0 gets released: It will be updated, but could take some time. Hopefully it will updated within a few hours or at most a few days. This mod and others I have made were created more as an example of some things that could be done and to practice modding Starbound.

I'm playing Starbound through Steam and will be playing for quite a bit when 1.0 releases.

This mod is for STABLE only!

This mod currently works fine for the current STABLE version of Starbound (Beta V. Glad Giraffe - Update 3 shown in game).

Remember mods go in the Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods
    Example: Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\myMod\myMod.modinfo

If you have any crashes or problems feel free to post in this thread your Starbound.log file in a spoiler tag. I may be able to help.

The easiest thing to do for debugging what mods are causing problems is backing up your universe,player, and mods folders somewhere safe. Then you delete them (to make sure you are starting fresh for debugging). Make sure Starbound launches once without any mods. Then add one mod at a time. After you add a mod create a NEW character and make sure that the mod works. (You may want to delete your player and universe folders each time before adding a new mod to try and make sure things are working together correctly without a problem from universe / player stuff.)

I'll try to check these threads on occasion because 1.0 is realeasing soon.

Most likely I will be adding my mods to the Steam Workshop when support for that arrives. I will try to keep the mods on the site updated too, but it depends on how easy it will be to manage them on the Steam Workshop (and what bugs they will face there).

Late to the reply, but...

The mod doesn't exactly grant a 'quest' it just provides a dialogue option that can be clicked on when you talk to S.A.I.L

The dialogue option shows up after clicking on 'Enable Matter Manipulator' which is 5 seconds after starting a new character.

The only 'quest' that can be used is in the event that you are trying to use this mod on an existing character. In that case the info page for the mod explains:

Existing Character

In chat type "/admin"

After entering that type "/spawnitem modMMCard 1" (make sure your cursor is close to you so that you pick up the item right away, the item spawns where your cursor is).

A quest will be completed and now you can use S.A.I.L to modify your beam axe!

Be sure to type into chat "/admin" again to de-admin yourself to play the game normally.

All commands should be entered without the quotation marks obviously :).

You have to pick up the item that you spawned. You might have had the cursor far away from you and not picked the item up.

13. noname2tellu

14. JackingUp13

JackingUp13 Void-Bound Voyager

have a way than i didnt need to go to the S.A.I.L to change size? like in Mater Manipulator interface ("beam axe")