1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Modern Loom (Glad Giraffe) 1.1

Upgrade your Yarn Spinner to a Modern Loom!

1. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

rawkinrex submitted a new mod:

Modern Loom - Upgrade your Yarn Spinner to a Modern Loom!

Read more about this mod...

2. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

What is the difference between this and the real mod by I Said No? I'll tell you:
    • You have added requirement for 1 copper bar and 1 yarn spinner into the recipe file
    • You have set "you must get a permission", where the original mod allows anyone to use it everywhere freely.
    • You have packaged it into obscure .modpak that makes no benefits whatsoever giving the little amount of files included.
    • You have removed the "isn_" prefix from the filenames and renamed the object into "Modern Loom".
    • You did not linked back to the original mod's page anywhere and removed author's e-mail address from the .modinfo file.
    Conclusion: this "update" is a scam and I'm reporting it to moderators.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The original mod's permissions allows modification and redistribution without the author's consent. This mod states that it is based upon the other, and provides credit to it.

rawkinrex and SleepySquidd like this.
  4. MrChow

The problem is this mod is literally a repackaged copy of the original with slightly altered descriptions and filenames. Apart from the recipe, it acts completely identical to the "old" Loom mod, and the "old" one is perfectly working on the "Pleased Giraffe". Please, inspect and compare the files more closely. Regardless of the original mod's permission, making "your own" version that has nothing to add to the original and does not links back to the original work is a bad tone.

5. Tychon12

Tychon12 Big Damn Hero

I know im a newcomer in a sense that i have few posts but from what i see, changes have been made. A different recipe which in my opinion adds a bit more sense to how it should be. Its been repackaged yes to reduce the number of files total. The permissions clearly state that it can be altered/redistributed without consent. I agree that no links back to the original source is in some sense an oversight but the original mod author is credited. Also in a sense of practicality This mod is visible and was created for the latest patch. The original mod however is not visible and its not clear if it would still work in later patches. Take it how you will but a scam this is not. A scam would confer the exchange of money for false promises.

6. MrChow

Oh, definitely! See for yourself:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one I love the most, it surely is a masterpiece:

[​IMG]
    "Looks more modern looking"? Nice phrasing, u-huh!
    A mod has been changed so much it does not even need the original release date? Hell yeah!

Whenever people are reviving old mods, they either keep the old info and the authorship intact and consistent or putting links to the original work.

This is not even a "remake", it's a way to "make" an instant mod out of something that already worked.

I'll be honest, the only reason I've become infuriated by this is because, despite "do anything you want with it" license, I actually asked permission from the I Said No himself back in the February before remixing his work and including into my large project, and gave a proper credit, both in the Overview and in the project's documentation. Seeing it reposted with no purpose except the reposting under different name is simply disgusting.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  7. Tychon12

Tychon12 Big Damn Hero

@MrChow Ha ha ha.... gotta love out of context posting. Yes you create mods ok i get that. But to the average person, one that does not make mods you can see that this file is visible. The loom mod by i said no is in the outdated mods section. Now lets say "I said no" kept the mod visible by saying it will work on each patch do you really think that this mod would have been made?

8. MrChow

1. It's on a third page of Furniture & Objects category, not in the Outdated mods section, and I just caught you lying.
    2. If it's not broken - don't fix it. Last time I Said No was here at Aug 28, 2015. I'm sure he'll get back soon and will not be happy about this whole situation.

Since I don't have any more to say about this mod theft episode, I'm unwatching the thread.

9. Tychon12

Tychon12 Big Damn Hero

Alright, i may have jumped the gun and said its in outdated mods but its still buried. And again would thsis mod have been made if 'I Said No's' mod has 'superficial updates' saying that it still works? You also lied about this mod saying permissions were needed to copy it.

10. rawkinrex

I had flagged it ask for permission for modpacks, but did change it to no permissions across the board.

Eckman likes this.
  11. Eckman

Eckman Void-Bound Voyager

Why is this guy making it such a problem. Well I'm using this mod too. I happen to run this group called The Duck Powered Empire, Rawkin has been a member and admin on my servers for the last five plus years. He has been open about what he has done with this mod. There is no reason to sweat such a small issue. If this was a problem the mods would pull the mod. As it's not a problem or even a minute issue, leave it be. He has been helping our group by updating mods to current version for us. So to Rawkin I say thank you for the hard work.

12. rawkinrex