Modding Help Modding the background music

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Summermoon, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Summermoon

Summermoon Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

I wanted to add my own background music in Starbound. For now, I unpacked the assets, added my .ogg file in the music folder and changed the music in the .biome file like this:

"musicTrack" : {
    "day" : {
    "tracks" : [ "/music/the-edge-of-space.ogg" ]
    },
    "night" : {
    "tracks" : [ "/music/the-edge-of-space.ogg" ]
    }

But it still plays the old music. Do I have to change other files to? I searched for modding background music, but I found no helpful instructions.

I would be very thankful for tips! :)

2. Lemon drops

Lemon drops Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you have to make it a mod first, the unpacked files are actually just a copy that does nothing.

tutorial on how to replace the title music:
    make a mod folder
    make a file inside the mod folder called <put mod name here>.modinfo containing something like this:

{
    "name" : "<put mod name here>",
    "version" : "v0.0.0",
    "path" : ".",
    "requires" : [],
    "includes" : [],
    "metadata":
    {
    "author" : "<your username>",
    "version" : "1.0",
    "description" : "<Description of the mod>",
    "support_url" : ""
    }
    }

then make a folder inside the mod folder which you can call anything, but remember it it will be important I will use <title music replace>
    then make a folder inside the mod folder called interface (case sensitive)
    then make a folder inside the interface folder called windowconfig (case sensitive)
    make a file inside the windowconfig folder called title.config.patch (case sensitive) containing something like this:

[
    {
    "op" : "replace",
    "path" : "/music/day",
    "value" : {
    "tracks" : [ "<title music replace>/<.ogg file contained within the folder>" ]
    }
    },
    {
    "op" : "replace",
    "path" : "/music/night",
    "value" : {
    "tracks" : [ "<title music replace>/<.ogg file contained within the folder>" ]
    }
    }
    ]

I'm pretty sure the music file has to be an .ogg file; here's a free online converter if it's not already an .ogg:

https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-ogg

if you want to put multiple tracks in, instead of just doing this:
    [ "<title music replace>/<.ogg file contained within the folder>" ]

do this:
    [ "<title music replace>/<.ogg file contained within the folder>", "<title music replace>/<another .ogg file contained within the folder>" ]

and it will choose a random one on startup

3. Summermoon

Summermoon Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Lemon Drops,
    thank you for you answer. Sadly, this didn't work...
    I've really tried everything, even downloaded "Frackin' Music" to study how its done there. But nothing works. Either the game crashes before the start, or the old muisc keeps on playing...
    Could you help me once more with a detailed manual respectively whats absolute essential? I think there are points I have to change that I don't know yet. Or do you know a manual for modding the music?

Thanks again!

4. Lemon drops

Lemon drops Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the game crashes are probably something else

it is true that a song will continue looping until the time of day changes from day to night, unless one of the songs is in both morning and night; if this is true that song will continue to loop forever

also the music is saved after worlds are generated so you have to go to a new planet each time you change it, or the music won't change