1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Modding Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BroHaven, Jul 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BroHaven

BroHaven Poptop Tamer

Hey everyone, I've played starbound for quite a while. Haven't tried any mods yet, but i'm looking for some mods that would give the game a lot of direction(such as more quests, loot, all that good stuff) and add lots of content(such as building blocks etc). Any help or advice on which i should consider would be much appreciated thanks! :nuruflirt:

2. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I haven't tried any other mods with quests, but I can definitely recommend FrackinUniverse.

3. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

• Frackin Universe
    • The Stars My Destination - Sword and Spells
    • Starbound Side Stories (If it's updated, haven't checked...)
    • More Critters 'N Scenery
    These are only some of the larger mods I've used in the past that are still available to my knowledge. Sadly, many major mods have been put on hold until the 1.0 release. With all the changes happening for past couple months, there hasn't been much point updating them. Especially when they will be outdated within the next week. In about 2 weeks, when 1.0 hits release, expect many more mods to pop up.

BroHaven likes this.
  4. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Direction and content? What you want is something called Starbound 1.0, which will be released on the 22nd. :p

I kid, of course, mods are super super awesome, but from what I gather, the full release will give you what you want. Then you can get mods on top of that!

Ludovic likes this.
  5. BroHaven

BroHaven Poptop Tamer

Alright sweet! Thanks for the tip, i'll probably try that one out lol xD
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks! Im gonna go check them out, and probably give them a go :) and yeah i can see with 1.0 coming out it'll be big. Pretty excited for it tho!
    --- Post updated ---
    Lol, pretty excited for 1.0, i hope so!