Modding Discussion Modding on Mac OS X (Help please)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by armoredelephant, Dec 11, 2013.

1. MiniMagicMan

MiniMagicMan Space Spelunker

Thx! :)

2. jpufkin12345

jpufkin12345 Space Hobo

You seem like you know about mods, can you help me? i have a mac and installed the Aether mod, it gets to the Aether title screen but when i try to create a new world or play on it, mine craft crashes, plz help me if you can

3. jpufkin12345

jpufkin12345 Space Hobo

If anyone knows a list of reasons why Aether mod makes my Minecraft crash, plz let me know- i have a mac btw

4. J_Elliott

J_Elliott Aquatic Astronaut

ok, so i've been following this forum for a while now, and i've downloaded a few mods, some work for me, while others don't. my theory is that mods that require you to place them into the mods folder won't work, and crash the game. after doing a lot of trial and error ( and deleting all my stuff lol ) I'm going to make one last attempt at modding, instead of placing the files in the mods folder I'm going to try to do it the long way, by editing "player.config" and placing the files in their respective folders, and hope that this works, it has become quite frustrating, i'll update you guys if this method works out for me

- Depressed Mac OS x user v_v

5. iWilliblecha

iWilliblecha Astral Cartographer

Same here! Come on Chucklefish! Mac Users want to enjoy the game and modding too! BTW, funny is that they work sometimes and then suddenly they stop working....

[​IMG]

6. J_Elliott

J_Elliott Aquatic Astronaut

i got some of the mods working, i still can't get tabula rasa to work, but i got the custom ships working, not much to it, just some docking around haha. I'm sure by the final release of the game they'll have something done so us mac users can mod :'(

7. DJ_Razzleberry

DJ_Razzleberry Space Spelunker

I am having the problems listed in this thread, too. Looks like no OSX modding for me until this issue is fixed.

8. clapman7

clapman7 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Guh, also having all of the problems in this thread. No modding, for me till then i guess. :c

C'mon chucklefish! You can do it!

9. kindofalegend

kindofalegend Space Hobo

I am running 10.9 and don't know how to install the Arcane Add On. Can anyone help me if it is possible please??? Thank you. Sorry. Am a noob lol

10. clapman7

clapman7 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Unfortunately, depending on whether the mods like you or not ( heh ), they will not work for you at all, or they could work fine. The moment i change one single file in my Starbound folder, the whole game becomes entirely unplayable, i have to delete everything, and reinstall the whole game.

If you still want to try, put the zip of the addon in the mods folder, or try getting one of the mod loaders. /doesn'thavealinkforit sorry

11. Mr. Foxer

Mr. Foxer Guest

I have been modding on osx for a while, what problem are you having exactly?
    A couple of tips: don't use Textedit for modding, it causes mod files to crash the game; use the terminal command to delete ds_store files from your computer or use other software that allows you to delete them, these seem to cause the game to crash sometimes.

12. Wheatly811

Wheatly811 Void-Bound Voyager

This is Starbond, man. Seek help for Minecraft on their forums.

13. Daga

Daga Space Hobo

So far that i've been tinkering with, the Dark Souls mod works perfectly with Angry K on my mac 10.9. I think some mods straight up just do, or don't work. Plain and simple.
    I've been doing trial and error with all the mods but Im fiend 'n for that Megaman mod, yet hilariously enough the Rasa won't work for my Mac either. Keep trying gentlemen lol.

14. DrRoxzoPhd

DrRoxzoPhd Intergalactic Tourist

I copy and paste ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound into the finder, go > go to folder with no success. The window says "The folder can't be found." Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

15. Winged_Bull

Winged_Bull Space Spelunker

I'm having the exact same problems. If anybody could offer a solution, that would be great.

16. JimmyHalibut

JimmyHalibut Space Hobo

Yah I am also having this issue big time... It's like Starbound is nowhere to be found on my HD... I am running Mavericks right now. Is that my issue?

17. chendrak

chendrak Void-Bound Voyager

Simply remove the \ in "Application\ Support". The backslash is only necessary if you try to open it from a console.

So simply use "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound" instead.

18. NoahZ

NoahZ Yeah, You!

I know this was in 2012-13-14 but I am having a problem of my own.
    I clicked package contents and went to macOS but all I see are libsteam_api.dylib

and and executable called "starbound"