Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Quill

Raven Quill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was hoping to make a pony retexture mod for this game since it hasn't been done but I think i see why, the sprites are to narrow to turn a bipedal human to a quadruped pony, would there be any way for me to edit that or am I S.O.L?

• borsTiHD

borsTiHD Seal Broken

Thanks for your help :)
      I will try it.

• Axelius

Axelius Tentacle Wrangler

It is possible, but would require changes to hardcoded values in ways the API isn't able to handle yet afaik.

• Captaingamer

Captaingamer Space Hobo

The XNB node link doesnt work please can you provide any other link to download the XNBnode from

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Um, I literally just tested and successfully downloaded XNB Node. I clicked the link, which went to draivin's forum post, and then clicked the mediafire link there, which downloaded the program. Try again?

Drogean likes this.
            • Captaingamer

Captaingamer Space Hobo

Bro Ive tried a countless times it just doesnt open for me please give me another link or can you share the XNB Node with me in anyother way? maybe email it to me please

• cantorsdust

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v4ttswl7tsdaynm/XNBNode.0.2.1.7z

That's the only link I have. You can see about hitting up draivin for another, but I can't distribute his mod for him.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Huh say, I ve been following the guides on how to extract the files and everything, I will get on how to edit the png files I got but... I am working with the farmer files, and I just noticed that both genders share the hairstyle? I noticed in-game that both could use the same hair, but does that mean if I change one female hairstyle, my male character will be able to use it as well?

sorry if its such a dumb question lol, I just want to make sure I dont make mistakes!

• cantorsdust

Added to OP, thanks!

Yes, as far as I can tell, all hairstyles are available for everyone.

Corraidhín likes this.
                    • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I finished editing the png file that I extracted to modify the Farmer hairstyles, but whenever I try to pack them using the xnb command, it just returns "file or irectory not found"

the command should be... xnb_node.cmd pack Hairstyles Characters (?) or am I doing something wrong there? the PNG is called Hairstyles.

• cantorsdust

Corraidhín likes this.
                      • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ahh I see, I was following another guide that was... posted here... I think, I opened it last night and its been there since. Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
                        • q00u

q00u Yeah, You!

Is there a way to disable Steam achievements when I'm using mods? I don't want to feel like I cheated to get them, you know?

Searching around, I've only found the opposite; people getting Steam to launch SMAPI in order to get achievements. I'm using Storm, but even launching it directly from the folder, it pops up as me playing it on Steam. That's fine, as long as achievements don't show up, but I don't know of a way to even test that without earning the achievements in-game and seeing if they show up. Which I would only be able to test a limited number of times!

• cantorsdust

Try removing steam_appid.txt in your main SV folder?

q00u likes this.
                            • Captaingamer

Captaingamer Space Hobo

• q00u

q00u Yeah, You!

I think this worked! At least, it's not showing up in Steam that I'm playing, so I'm pretty sure it's working. Thank you!

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

• monkeypizzasonic

monkeypizzasonic Orbital Explorer

Hello! I am very new to this whole modding/Stardew Valley in general thing but i was thinking I'd like to try making some custom scarecrows...except I can't actually seem to find where the scarecrow xmb files are stored in the folder. Does anybody know where they are?

• Axelius

Axelius Tentacle Wrangler

They're in Craftables.

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.