Modding Help Modding Assistance

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Cryptoid, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Cryptoid

Cryptoid Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, I'm trying to create a species mod and am in need of help. I'm new at this and with what I got, it seems that everything is in proper order but it crashes every time I try to use it with the game. Any suggestions?

2. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Check your log file. Its called starbound.log (no numbers)
    Starbound/storage
    You can paste it here using pastebin.com

3. Cryptoid

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  4. DrPvtSkittles

Huuuummm are you sure this is your starbound.log (without numbers) ? Its quite short... n lacking information. This log does not tell me anything.

5. Cryptoid

6. DrPvtSkittles

[20:54:34.511] [Error] Fatal Exception caught: (ApplicationException) Application threw exception during startup

[10] 77c5584d RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad string, should be '"' at 7:1

But I don't know what file that needs to be changed in.

7. Cryptoid

8. DrPvtSkittles

Line 86: [08:24:36.704] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /species/noid.species, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /species/noid.species
    Line 129: Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad object, should be '}' or ',' at 99:2
    Line 161: [08:24:40.079] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (AssetException) Error loading asset /species/noid.species

The noid specie has a problem in its noid.species file. line 99 character 2 should be } or ,

9. Cryptoid

10. Cryptoid

I'm not sure what causes the crash upon selecting the custom species. I looked over the log and honestly don't know where it went wrong.

11. DrPvtSkittles

100+ errors. Looks like you've removed some mods lately, and some current characters/universe are looking for it.

While making your custom race, its a good idea to remove other mods and have a fresh universe n player file going so you can ensure all errors in your log are from your mod.

12. Cryptoid

Ok I'll do that.

13. Cryptoid

14. DrPvtSkittles

[08:45:28.934] [Warn] Error loading player storage metadata file, resetting: (MapException) Key not found in OrderedMap::toBack('<type class Star::Uuid at address: 0113F85C>')

[08:46:29.572] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (OutOfRangeException)

Hmm did you remove the old player and universe files?

15. Cryptoid

16. DrPvtSkittles

How bout removing all the other mods. If that still has the same error, then I am at a loss unless you wanna show me your mod. ?_?

17. Cryptoid

18. Cryptoid

19. Cryptoid

The part that I was modifying the most was the species file, if you were wondering.

20. DrPvtSkittles

Aha the problem has come from your body/hair/undy colouring.

I haven't explored exactly went wrong, but I have replaced it with the hylotl colouring and it works a treat. I'm sure you are fine to keep tinkering from there.

Attached Files: