Tutorial MOD-TUTORIAL 3: How to make your own Gun (OUTDATED)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ghoul159, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AshRichOak

AshRichOak Void-Bound Voyager

I did remove them but i still only get Perfectly Generic Item it might be because of update but since update came out what do i do to fix it this time

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. vhmercenario

vhmercenario Subatomic Cosmonaut

i know how to create a random gun do that:
    basically what you need to do to add and item to the anvil, create a file with this code:
    {
    "input" : [
    { "item" : "money", "count" : 0 }
    ],
    "output" : { "item" : "ITEM_ID_HERE", "count" : 1 },
    "groups" : [ "anvil" ]
    }
    AND SAVE THE FILE as "itemname.recipe" , take the file and place it in \Starbound\assets\recipes\starter\anvil
    now go to \Starbound\assets open the "player.config" and simply add in the tier 1 section
    { "item" : "ITEM_ID_HERE" }, below the [ (like that: http://prntscr.com/2a8l14 ) open your game, to an anvil and craft your item :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: OH and look down in the "player.config" you will see the max health,energy,breathe,food... you can edit they up-to 9999

3. vhmercenario

that's how to craft it :rofl:

4. Ghoul159

Ghoul159 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the tutorial works with the newest update... you could look at my uploaded file to compare what is missing or wrong or just upload it anywhere and pm me the link...

5. AshRichOak

got any suggested site i can upload it to i can put ebverything in a rar file and send it to you and maybe you can send it back

are conversations private?

6. Ghoul159

upload at any freehoster you want^^
    i think/hope so

7. AshRichOak

i uploaded and sent you the link in a conversation please get back to me when you have the time

8. vhmercenario

hey ashrich i was testing the fishaxe and it crash the game when i try to use it , since the update, before the updat a hacker gave to me a fishaxe with a 80x80 dig box, instantly break anything, but when the game updated now it crash even with the one i hacked

9. AshRichOak

well if think about it if this game performed a lot worse you would think mining 80x80 instanly would lag al ot or crahs the game when i was playing terraria i tried to use a command tool thingy that took out a huge chunk of land my game crashed everytime might be your computer specs(i doubt it is) or the update changed it is a hacked tool afterall

10. vhmercenario

i tried hacking mine to a 2x2 square box even this way it crash, i gave it to a few ppl test and they crashed too, but before the update it worked normally with a 80x80 and even bigger ( one guy was destroying all planets with a 10.000+x10.0000+ fishaxe and there is no crash or lag

11. AshRichOak

have someone thats smarter than me check the coding post the coding hopefuly someone can help you i cant even get my gun to work forget crahing the game all i get is a Perfectly Generic Item

12. vhmercenario

send me your gun because i made custom guns, i can help you, my only problem is with the fishaxe

13. Ghoul159

helped him already...

maybe they maxed it in the sourcecode.... at least sounds like it

14. TheDoctor1133

TheDoctor1133 Lucky Number 13

well made some progress... for random generated items (pre update....) the code for the player.config is as follows
    Code:
    item" : "generatedshield", "count" : 1, "data" : { "definition" : "startershield", "level" : 1 }
    and from what im told the same goes into the recipe to make it craftable.

Code:
     {
        { "item" : "money", "count" : 1 }
      ],
      "output" : {
        "item" : "generatedshield", "count" : 1, "data" : { "definition" : "startershield", "level" : 1 } ,
        "count" : 1
      },
      "groups" : [ "plain", "objects", "all", "tools" ]
    }

now thats pre patch.. i assume u just remove the level...? ill have to do some testing after this new update downloads.... if u beat me to it feel free to post ur results (if anyone cares to experiment with it)

15. vhmercenario

i made one tool with the fishaxe shape, named it as "power fish" and placed a insta-break and a 100x100 box, its working

16. vhmercenario

to add the recipe do what i said in the anvil thing

17. TheDoctor1133

TheDoctor1133 Lucky Number 13

i know how to add the recipe to folders... i just needed the actual recipe info as well as the player.config info. but i found it so all is good. =D thx

18. Ghoul159

got it that's the recipe generatedshield.recipe:

Code:
    {
        { "item" : "money", "count" : 10 }
      ],
      "output" : {
        "item" : "generatedshield",
        "data" : { "definition" : "startershield", "level" : 1 } ,
        "count" : 1
      },
      "groups" : [ "plain", "objects", "tools", "all" ]
    }

and of course you have to add "generatedshield" to the player.config

19. UnseenPrecision

UnseenPrecision All Chuck Norris backward gets you is Sirron Kcuhc

I can see my gun in the crafting table but when i click on it my game crashes

20. Chieron

Chieron Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the compliment, and I'll try that!

Edit: Good news everyone, it works! Thanks!
    And for anyone who wants to give the fixed version a try, here you go: http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/59/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.