1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Mod: Spaceship customizeable (block by block)

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by madtulip, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madtulip

madtulip Phantasmal Quasar

Update: made one version with background image and one with an blocks only ship. edited first post for instructions how to select the one or the other. hf! :)

Twilightdusk likes this.
  2. madtulip

3. iHaku

iHaku Phantasmal Quasar

that sums up everyhting that i think
    however, a "room" building system for your own ship whould be super cool! =)
    like corridors/bedroom/kitchen/etc... and then being able to freely move them anywhere you want. also having multiple tilesets of those rooms (like a wooden pirate chip in space! every race could have their own tilesets which you can aquire. this adds more personal progression to the game!)

4. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

Madtulip, you may want to post this in the mods thread. Also, (admittedly I only breifly scrolled through the posts, so you probably already know this), you can make the engines/blocks breakable/unbreakable as you see fit.

5. madtulip

A room building system, like dungeons are done was my first idea. I wanted to make connectable capsulaes like on the space station we have today. However due to the way the shipworld is implemented and/or due to lack of script syntax or examples i was not able to create objects which contain a map full of blocks. Such a module would have to be an arrangement of blocks plus some background grafic as only blocks are the objects you can interact with in the game (bump against).

Im not sure if you got it, but you can build a wooden pirate ship with this. you can build everything you could build on a planet. EVERYTHING in the screenshot is "mineable" and "craftable". so you have to build youre own rooms blocm by block as you would do on a planet. If you like wood you can do that.

More tilesets require more grafics. if someone supplies them im glad to build them in. This is so far just the basics to start to be able to do things like that.

6. madtulip

About the engines, yes everything in the screenshot is breakable.

You are probably right. Sorry i didnt see that. Re-posted this here. in the modding forums.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY HERE ANYMORE.

CLOSE OR DELETE THIS POST PLEASE.

7. iHaku

iHaku Phantasmal Quasar

oh dont worry i got it. but this is FAR too complicated for the regular user. and if something is complicated and..uhm.. dunno the english word. if i need alot of effort?
    if i need to put alot of effort in it then i wont do it. because everyone is lazy. at least to SOME degree. its just super different from person to person.

so imho the BEST way to implement a ship building feature is to give us the option to place every block on our own if we so desire (as soon as we found the boosters for example) AND to have predesigned layouts that are cost pixels and which you cant gain resources from. (maybe make them unlockable (tied to starmap upgrades whould be GREAT!))
    this ofc shouldnt be a mod but should be in the final game. i think personalizing the ship is a great thing for every player. just ot have the option. if we will do it or not

8. madtulip

"Everything worth doing requires a lot of ..." efford? - Witch in Diablo 3 :). No realy i am the opposite. I love to deal with complicated things because not complicated things are boring very fast.

9. iHaku

iHaku Phantasmal Quasar

what i wanted to say is that every human being has a different breaking point for their lazyness. your is prolly higher than mine which doesnt prevent me from having just as much fun as you or anyone else.

10. dcsk8erboy

dcsk8erboy Space Kumquat

you guys seem to know a lot about this. I just learned how to do this yesterday, I made this.

I can't get my uppder left/lower left boosters/thrusters to work. I tried editing the dropshipblock files dozens of times but I can only get double boosters to work.

Is it because only double boosters are programmed into human ships, since human ships are the only ones that have double boosters? I have tried everything!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

11. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.