Modding Discussion Mod Requests

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Mysteriez, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Mysteriez

Mysteriez Void-Bound Voyager

Hello !
    This is a thread dedicated to mod requests.
    I plan for this to be a true hub of the modding community.
    But let me explain :
    People will post requests here and modders will try to make mods according to these !

So this is gonna be one giant database of requests and completed mods.
    It is gonna be edited daily, but don't submit too ridiculous things.

Requests
    Books that can be wrote in by players
    Heat generator blocks made out from 10 metallic ores + 1 uranium/plutonium rod = 10 blocks
    Yogscast spaceman outfit
    Tekkit equivalent
    The UFO blockbreaker laser turned into an item

Completed requests

Thanks, and kick in the requests !

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  2. Maul_Junior

Maul_Junior Poptop Tamer

Out of curiousity, how hard would it be to introduce books that can be written by the player(s)?

3. Jmbomb

Jmbomb Sandwich Man

We need auto sort.

4. Ixath

Ixath Starship Captain

I want a tile (like dirt) that I can paint on via the manipulator that is created from any metallic ore and either one of the two nuclear rods..that generates heat. So, 10 ore+1rod = 10 new heat generating blocks. Something like 120 heat and 2 or 3 range.

5. Mindiocoss

Mindiocoss Lucky Number 13

So a building block that produces heat made out of ore+rod?

6. Ixath

Ixath Starship Captain

Exactly. I suck at explaining things =) Something so it's viable.. like 20 ore + 1 rod = 20 ore, or 10/1 = 10.. not a 1/1 ratio or that'd be insanely difficult to make in bulk. If it can glow with a very short small radius, so much the better.

7. Mindiocoss

i'll look into this when I get off work. Sounds like a good idea.

Ixath likes this.
  8. Ixath

Ixath Starship Captain

I was able to make a placable item (like the decorations/torches/etc) but couldn't figure out how to get them to function like normal building blocks. Good luck!

9. Kotsu0

Kotsu0 Starship Captain

I may recieve a lot of flak for this, but i was in love with minecraft tekkit. Im hoping the full complete game will have fancy machines like in tekkit, but if not, i would like to see mods that are like buildcraft, industrialcraft, and other such mods. I realize such things are difficult at best to create, but I am a fan of automation.

10. AeonsAlex

AeonsAlex Phantasmal Quasar

I really want a mod that adds a Sjin/SIps outfit (Yogscast), in their spaceman outfits. Please, someone, make it :D

11. Mindiocoss

I cant seem to give a building block a statusEffect without it crashing. I'll keep thinking of different ways to put one on, but so far every way I've tried either crashes the game or turns it into a generic item.

12. Ixath

Ixath Starship Captain

Another request for someone:
    Take the blockbreaker attack from the UFO boss and add it to a stationary NPC/item we can place. Up the damage and change the frequency to a blast every 3-5 seconds.. now we have an automatic mining laser who can drill holes for us.

Or, modify the \items\guns\biome\icesphere\icechucker to shoot water / lava instead of ice blocks. I was hoping it would be easy and there'd be a water or lava material but there wasn't, so I gave up trying. With this we might be able to create water or lava at any location we'd like.

Doh! Thanks for trying at least!