Modding Help Mod Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Battle Bee, Jan 31, 2014.

1. jmlop0

jmlop0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I got a request, a metal gear rising: revengeance mod, as in like Raidens armor, and blade. Maybe even Jetstream Sam's as well, possably even techs such as a RAY mech, possably even MG Excelsus as a mech.

2. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I have another request:
    A mod that makes it so that GUI menus (Inventory, crafting menu, etc.) appear on the top left when opened. If another menu is already open, other menus will appear on the top right.

3. White935

White935 Big Damn Hero

Emote mod, Make emotes possible, push ups, salute, sit on ground, lay down. etc

for how. well i imagine you could attach a animation to a weapon/item which you shoot to activate said animation.

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Just so you know if it were possible - the person would have to redraw the entire sprite sheet, and every armour in the game. [Except those sprites which matched with that animation piece]

5. White935

White935 Big Damn Hero

Ouch, yeah.. that sounds a little bad. forgot we're dealing with sprites here.

6. Lusfella

Lusfella Big Damn Hero

We can have things like "/sitair" as to sit on blocks and logs that can't be sat on in-game and "/raisearms" if you're having a gun pointed at you and such, because those animations exist, but they're bound to other things actions. Like, sitting needs an object that you sit, but I do think it's possible to copy that pose for a command.

7. theominousmrv

theominousmrv Space Hobo

A serverside Starmap mod, much like the DynmAp Plugin for BukkIt MInecraft Servers. Would provide a web interface for any user to view the currently generated universe.
    -tabs to browse Discovered Sectors
    -Zoom in capability to view Systems and Planets?
    -runs on separate port
    -maybe even see what planets/sector/system players are at o 3 o

Would be cool if possibleeehhh :p

8. rexeven

rexeven Void-Bound Voyager

What about a mod that is some kind of tool for replacing one block type with another? So if you built a perfectly functional layout but it was crappy cobblestone and you wanted to upgrade without tearing it down! Sorry if this exists or was requested already, I'm on my phone.

9. BitterChris

BitterChris Space Spelunker

Not sure if this request is possible, but would love it if it is.

I'm playing multiple characters and trying to setup a community of sorts between them. Is it possible to mod a quick character switch button? I'm thinking just something simple in the top right icons, or maybe something like when you have a party in multiplayer.

Haven't found anything like this, not sure if anyone would even be looking for something like this, but (despite being quick) it's a pain in the ass to Save & Quit and load a new character if I need to do a quick task with another one.

Thanks!

10. intervencion

intervencion Existential Complex

I don't think so

11. Narleton

Narleton Space Hobo

Guys! I have a request for perhaps the most interesting mechanic yet to be added to Starbound- Sports!
    We have music that we can play, monsters that we can slay, but no sports in which to participate. We could have Golf, Tennis, etc. And the different gravities would make for a more added element of fun! This should probably be included in the base game, but for now a mod will do great :) Many thanks to anyone who may choose to take this up :)

12. LegoRox12

LegoRox12 Void-Bound Voyager

I have a new mod request! One that would actually be very helpful... BACKPACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is a picture on how it would work:
    Some Picture.png

Basically you would get another inventory slot and if someone made that that would be fantastic! (Dont ask how I got assasins armor as a human)

13. Aurorialis

Aurorialis Pangalactic Porcupine

@LegoRox12 : with the Racial Armor update, we'll (hopefully) have a mechanic for easily introducing more inventory space. Expect the forums to be overflowing with portable storage mods.

@Narleton : Interesting project, though too complex for me (possibly impossible as well). Another option would be the Minecraft route, where you make up NEW sports to better fit the engine. But hey, if someone can figure out IRL sports, I suppose it could be a bit fun on a large multiplayer server.

14. LegoRox12

LegoRox12 Void-Bound Voyager

Also i didnt know photo editing was so easy o_O

The | Suit likes this.
  15. havefeith

havefeith Big Damn Hero

This may sound completely stupid, but I had an idea that I'd love to see turned into a mod. We all know how there's a capture capsule right?

How about making Dream Eaters (the things from KH3D) into a creature that you can capture? (admit it, you thought I was going to say Pokemon, didn't you?)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  16. havefeith

havefeith Big Damn Hero

Sounds like Tinker's Construct for Minecraft.

17. Narleton

Narleton Space Hobo

@Narleton : Interesting project, though too complex for me (possibly impossible as well). Another option would be the Minecraft route, where you make up NEW sports to better fit the engine. But hey, if someone can figure out IRL sports, I suppose it could be a bit fun on a large multiplayer server.[/quote]

Many thanks :)

18. turok400

turok400 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey im kinda new to the forums

would you be able to make

caliburn from Fate stay night?

download.jpg

Not sure if you will be able to but is it possible you can make it have a massive shock wave infront of it if so i will be so happy

P.s if made i will be happy

19. Cell Materia

Cell Materia Cosmic Narwhal

how do i mod it so that i can replace the "UGH" noise that male humans make when they get hit with my own sound file

20. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Starbound\mods\mymod\sfx\humanoid

and put a file inside named
    humanhurt_male1.wav
    humanhurt_male2.wav
    humanhurt_male3.wav

then put a modinfo file inside the [mymod]
    and your good to go

intervencion likes this.