Modding Help Mod request: Junimo friend follows you?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LittleCaiCai, Sep 11, 2016.

1. LittleCaiCai

LittleCaiCai Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there everyone! I'm new here, so please forgive me if I make any errors!

I have NO modding experience besides just installing already-made ones, but I would really like a little junimo buddy. I don't mean a pet replacement, though!

You know how when you complete all of the bundles for an area, a little junimo comes out and puts a star up? Well, afterwards, the little cutie will follow around behind you! They're so bouncy and happy! Would there be a way to spawn these guys so that they always follow you around?

I'm really impressed with the fluid movement of the sprites and find them to be so charming!

If anyone could do this or help me to learn how to do it myself, it would be greatly appreciated! <3

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Will have to wait for 1.1 and FarmHand, since jumino cannot be serialized as it stands.

LittleCaiCai likes this.
      • monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

With two mods you can get exactly what you are wanting. Consillium's Pet Enhancement Mod, that allows pets to follow the player when interacted with and my Pet Jumino Mod that changes the cat/dog into a Junimo sprite. I have not tested this combinations as I have just learnt of Consillium mod today, but they should work fine as mine is only a texture replacer. This does mean you give up on having a cat or dog and you need to install SMAPI. With a little work you dreams can come true.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-consilliums-pet-enhancement-mod.114314/

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/pet-junimo.111288/#post-2982115

And if I remember correctly there is also a mod that allows to have multiple pets, each with their own skin textures. So you can still have your cat. But that one was a whole different bag of potatoes so I never looked into it, should still be up on here.