REQUEST [Mod] Polyamory

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Nemphorous, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Vinsable

Vinsable Void-Bound Voyager

I'm all for it, but listed in the Order that is most Programmable & Numbered in the Order of the Most Moral: #2: Has to Happen at Once (youtu.be/FZQIcSfXrAk), #3: Your Home is Big Enough, & #1: More than One Likes your Character at once.
    I know the Assumption about how its a 'Man's Fantasy', but ladies: how many of you had Multiple Guys asking for you at once? Could the same be said for Justin Bieber?
    Therefor, I'm all for it IF the situational scenario is where you end up having more that one 'Available' person liking your character at once.
    Time to 'Paint our Wagons' . . .

• EevyernDracaneon

EevyernDracaneon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As a polyam girl in a polyam v myself I'd love to be able to marry more than one character(I love Sebby and Abigail both so much guys I wanna marry them both). Seeing as the game is already supportive of gay relationships as is, I don't feel that this is out of the reaches of what would make sense in game. I've seen a mod that changes the dialogue of certain cutscenes to be supportive of polyamorous players instead of turning it into a "cheating party to expose the cheater", and that's a great start to halt the problems that arise when the player woos more than one NPC, but it's not the same as being able to marry them all. The fact that it would be a mod implies that people would get to choose if they want that sort of thing(so ppl who don't want this can literally just not download it), and I feel like if someone feels a certain NPC would be monogamous instead of polyam, there could be a config file that lets the player decide which NPCs are eligible for polyam marriage! :0

I don't like this idea that's being presented that the NPCs would be jealous(or insecure) because it's ~in their personality~. Those aren't personality traits lol they're personal issues you gotta deal with yourself that don't involve your partner directly and never should. Now if you were saying that some of the NPCs would be monogamous in your eyes not because of jealousy but because that's how their love for people works then I have absolutely no issues with what you're saying, this also isn't unrealistic for the game my man, you can be hella heckin' gay so I don't see how being polyamorous is a reach as it's just another part of the LGBT+ spectrum.

This isn't polyamory my man, the word infidelity implies that it's cheating and we polyam people already get enough flack irl for those kinda assumptions, and we don't need it here, so renaming your WIP mod to be just "polyamorous mod" would be leagues better imo. ;v;

dude what are you even saying they just said they're happy and said nothing like that lmao

• Swiftpaw22

Swiftpaw22 Phantasmal Quasar

Monogamy means you reject loving anyone else but one other mate, correct? What else would it mean? If you didn't reject someone else's love, and came to love them, then you'd be in a polygamous relationship and no longer in a monogamous one, right? So if someone says they're polygamous, that means they are personally open to loving more than one other. That means if they're in a monogamous relationship but are poly themselves, then I don't see any other possibilities besides a) they simply haven't developed love with anyone else yet, or b) their mate is monogamous and is the reason their relationship is a monogamous one. If (b) is correct and describes their situation, it'd mean if someone else they could love came along and became an option, they'd be rejecting that love all because of their mate's stance on love even when they personally were open to it. It sounds like a possible unequal/unfair/unbalanced relationship. But you're right, if it makes them happy and that's what they want even though they're compatible with loving more than one other, then great. Just because someone is poly doesn't mean they have to be poly or want to be poly, but uuuuuusually someone doesn't call themselves poly unless they want to be and it's who they are, lol.

I'm poly and love several others already, so of course I would never "dump" everyone I loved because someone came along who wanted monogamy. If I did, that'd make me a pretty evil jerk, and in that case I'd say that I clearly didn't understand what real love was, or at least that I never had real love with my mates, because you don't just "dump" someone you really love.

• sarahtaela

sarahtaela Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for the super late reply but I only just saw this unpleasant response.

I'm in a monogamous marriage because I want to be. I've been in poly relationships very happily in the past, but that doesn't fit my dreams or life right now. At the time I wrote that comment, I was a poly girl dating a mono guy and I was happy. Now I'm a mono girl married to the same mono guy and I'm happy. I'm not repressed, I'm certainly not a jerk. Yes, I broke up with one poly boyfriend for my mono husband. Why? Because my husband is my best friend in the whole world. And he's the first instance I've ever encountered of me being fulfilled and satisfied completely in one relationship. My poly ex boyfriend understood this and supported my choice. Being all weird and elitist about poly isn't cool. Poly is awesome and it fits some people, and doesn't fit others. It used to fit me but no longer does. It's that simple.

With that said, I still support the idea of this mod, but it's obviously hard to achieve!

• sarahtaela

Now let's try to be nice and stay on topic. :)

• Swiftpaw22

I'm not trying to be a jerk and don't have ill intentions here, but I'm not being elitist by recognizing the fact that destroying love is a horrible and sad thing and think you'd agree with that. I think you'd also agree that having preferences about love is fine and cool like you said, but the moment you start destroying love because of those preferences, I hope you'd agree that then it becomes not cool. Both you and your ex sacrificed your love for someone you loved more but who was mono. I've been the exact same situation, and instead of going "hey, let's break up because someone is mono" we said "hey, let's all learn to love one another because we do already, and love is wonderful and we don't want to end love, so let's help the mono-leaning types learn that loving more than one other is okay, they do that anyway ironically (everyone usually loves their parents, etc)." I'm arguing that deciding to hang on to love and respect and appreciate everyone's love for each other and not see love as some weird detriment is literally a much more loving decision than deciding to destroy some existing love, but I know your response is going to be that the reason you had to is because your current mate would never accept being poly and accept all that love, so it was a forced choice between your love with your ex or your love with your current mate whom you love more. I would simply say that I hope you destroyed the least amount of love in that case, and that it's a real shame to lose any love at all and that you couldn't have saved all the love by your current mate being convinced to be poly instead. Flip-flopping from poly to mono hurts love, so hopefully you'll never need to do that again.

• sarahtaela

It wasn't a forced choice at all, in fact. My husband was very accepting of my poly bf and was even planning a trip with me to visit him. Thanks for assuming. But in the end, we didn't fit each other's lives and dreams anymore. I wanted marriage and kids, he wasn't into that. He didn't want to be involved in that life either. I decided I didn't want to manage being a wife and mother while being a girlfriend. Especially when my partner fullfilled all my needs. We didn't need each other and we didn't fit together anymore. We had a very amicable breakup. Love wasnt destroyed, there was just a necessary transition. Hanging onto things past their time isn't always healthy.

• Swiftpaw22

Oh so you still love him, too, that's good. ^^

Yeah if you can't live together for some major compatibility reason, love from afar is the next best thing.