Modding Help Mod issues

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by AcarCivio, Jul 4, 2019.

1. AcarCivio

AcarCivio Space Hobo

2. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

Can you attach your "starbound.log" file? You should be able to find it in the folder "Starbound\storage". It should give us some clues as to what is going on.

3. AcarCivio

AcarCivio Space Hobo

4. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

Hm. There appear to be three sets of errors.

Code:
    [Error] Object ue_unpa_poster defined twice, second time from /objects/CORPORATIONS/ue_dynamicore_sign/ue_dynamicore_sign.object
    I'm not sure what mod this object is from (United Systems Expansion maybe).

Code:
    [Error] Could not apply patch from file /objects/minibiome/elder/elderscrolldesk/elderscrolldesk.object.patch
    in source: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\731220462\contents.pak. 
    Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base.
    (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Could not find "slotCount" to remove

[Error] Could not apply patch from file /objects/minibiome/elder/elderbookstand/elderbookstand.object.patch
    in source: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\731220462\contents.pak. 
    Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base.
    (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Could not find "slotCount" to remove
    These two appear to be from the Enhanced Storage mod. But what is strange, is that I downloaded the mod from this site, and didn't get any errors in my log. So perhaps it is conflicting with another mod...

Code:
    [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/weapons/oldtier/broadsword/odb2tier2broadsword_c2.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'steelbar'
    This one looks like it is from the Ningen Race mod. I doubt that it is causing your crash, but you could unsubscribe and use the file I uploaded in this thread: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/ningen-race-mod.52106/page-19

Unfortunately I did not purchase Starbound on Steam (I got it on GoG), so I can't simply subscribe to all those mods, and test it that way.
    You could try temporarily unsubscribing to those mods that are generating the errors, and see if that causes the errors to go away. However, you said that your friend doesn't experience any problems with the same mods; this might be a silly question since you have the game on Steam, but is your Starbound installation updated to the latest version (1.4.3 I think)?