Modding Discussion Mod Idea, for later?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RarityIsBoss, Dec 9, 2013.

?

Good Idea?

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Muffin

25.0%
  1. RarityIsBoss

RarityIsBoss Void-Bound Voyager

Im not 100% sure if any of my ideas are already planned for starbound or not, but while i was sitting on a toilet ( a lot of my ideas have been thought there ) i thought if starbound had a stats system similar to that of Runescape,

Like strength or mining and such. but with a bigger twist. You level up these things increasing your Combat Level [Displayed above or near your name]. And it works a little like skyrim, the more you do something the better you get at it. and as you unlock levels, you unlock tech associated with the skill and its level

EXAMPLE: Tech unlocks that when used makes you mine quicker ot attack very very ever so slightly more... and these tech have tiers that are unlock though higher levels and unlocking more.

I haven't a clue how to mod or the patience but im definitely an idea generator.

Thanks,
    ~Rarity

IvoryOwl likes this.
  2. IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl Pangalactic Porcupine

I support this idea. Anything that incentives the player to invest time in a skill to become better at is, is a good thing in my book.
    However, we should wait to see what kind of modifications and / or upgrades Starbound will receive. We'll never know if an idea like this gets implemented later on in the game.

Crafts/Skills it should work on: Smithing, Tailoring, Harvesting, Smelting, Mining, Fighting, etc.

Armor and weapon crafting should give us a slight stat increase.
    Harvesting should dictate how many resources we can gather from trees and / or crops.
    Smelting should have a percentage factor that allows us to smelt an entire ingot from a single ore, instead of 2.
    Mining should increase its speed.
    Fighting will obviously mean we will do a little more DPS.

3. RarityIsBoss

Thanks for the support, seems my toilet has't failed me yet. :rofl:.

4. Tomohawkmissile2

Tomohawkmissile2 Void-Bound Voyager

Im working on a metallurgy mod atm. New ores added, and a few current ones were tweaked with.

5. Phlosioneer

Phlosioneer Pangalactic Porcupine

Personally, I'm not a fan of character leveling. On the one hand, it adds depth by challenging the player to focus on this thing or that; on the other, it gives a supreme and insurmountable advantage to those who have more time over those who have less, and it creates unrest amongst the players who have reached the highest level. And if there isn't a highest level, then people who don't have much time to put into the game won't play to begin with. All around, I don't think it's worth it, but there certainly are fans of the system. <glances over at WoW players>

6. RarityIsBoss

hence being a mod, {optional} Thanks for the feedback anyways good to hear from the other side :D