Modding Help Mod Idea but no clue how to begin?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by MissAphrodite, Jan 18, 2019.

1. MissAphrodite

MissAphrodite Space Hobo

Hi all! I have been playing Stardew for quite a while and I'm very passionate about it. I've always admired mods, no matter how simple, and thought about making one but had no ideas. After looking around, I got an idea but I'm not sure how to execute it at all beyond recoloring the animal and its product.

Basically, without giving away exactly what my entire idea is, I want to create a counterpart to the void egg event. It would entail the same idea of you receive the egg, you incubate the egg, receive a "new" animal, and that new animal creates its own animal product.

I've never programmed before and it's all gibberish to me, so I'm hoping to find someone who can either teach me or is willing to help me execute my idea! I'm kind of oblivious and I ask a lot of questions so I would very much appreciate a lot of patience and understanding!

Thanks to everyone in advance! :catwink:

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

mmm, first i think you should check to see if your idea has already been implemented. if you are thinking about what i think you are someone already made it

• MissAphrodite

MissAphrodite Space Hobo

trust me, it definitely doesn't exist. it's a really...weird concept, honestly. I don't expect anyone to use the mod, quite frankly, I just want it for myself and if people use it it'd be a bonus! :avalibleh:

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

ah, well if it's not void cows and sheep with dangerous produce then i am not sure what it could be X'''D good luck though finding help. i am more on the art side than the code and other than super basic dialogue changes i don't know anything, hahaha

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@MissAphrodite I suggest joining the Modding forum on the SdV discord. Folks there can help you get started with your mod idea and point you to relevant resources.

• MissAphrodite

MissAphrodite Space Hobo

Thank you! I'll certainly do that! :avail:D:

OfficialCwiggy likes this.