1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Moar Keyboards (and other instruments) 2.4

Fantastic new pianos (and other instruments) for your space travels (exactly 17)

1. Alex WaveDiver

Alex WaveDiver Pangalactic Porcupine

Osoreshi likes this.
  2. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

NOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE DOUBLE BASS

3. Osoreshi

Osoreshi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hope I can improve it any time soon. In the meantime he must take a rest.

Meanwhile, why don't you hangout with Basster? He is nice.

4. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

Because its not the same *sad double bass music* you just cant replace such a beautiful relationship like that....

5. Osoreshi

And I was thinking no one liked it. Double Bass is still playable anyway, just don't dispose it. You can spawn it with admin tools, is as simple as "doublebass".

I'll get to work on it again tomorrow later.

6. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

Odd idea:

A sea organ

Whistle-y! C'mon, those soft, whistling pipe-y notes would sound amazing

7. Osoreshi

Sea Organ is actually an instrument. Rather depends if I find good samples, no promises, but is doable.

8. KWVance

KWVance Subatomic Cosmonaut

For a new instrument Could you make a conductors wand? This would have the ability to play more than one song at once, as well as multiple kinds of synthesized sounds instrument at once, creating an entire symphony orchestra. Its hard to find people willing to play the same song online. It always ends up as everyone playing their own thing. Now I understand this may be impossible, but if that is true maybe you could make wired items that can be assigned a song and activated by a trigger item. Is this a good idea? I always feel bad doing suggestions because I literally can not have any idea how hard it is.

9. Osoreshi

Your idea has been on my mind for quite a long time, but that ended in terrible failure more than once. That would need to add behavior to an NPC, the behavior to play music on the very least (so they may not be able to play along with you but play anything you may want for fun, for example, that would be a start).

Literally, all NPC's burnt themselves... they... blew. They committed seppuku and left me alone every time I tried to add any behavior aside from response to weapons.

In the mean time, there is no other choice than using external software or finding a crew to play instruments.

Side note: Double Bass is coming back even better and with a nice friend along with him.

Alex WaveDiver likes this.
  10. KWVance

do you mean they npcs simply showed the spawning animation and disappeared? why not just make interactive furniture like the big piano then? don't really need an symphony to move around(and i no bout seppuku, at my college i got the nickname wapanese weeaboo :ninja::ninja::ninja: im so geeky i took it as a compliment :iswydt:)

11. Osoreshi

Furniture just plays a generic tune (in other words, a file). Furniture Piano doesn't actually play an ABC file, if they did, the problem wouldn't exist in the first place.

NPC's are the closest being to us, the players, so they would be the best thing to aim for when looking for programmable ABC players. Why? Because they can use items, objects don't. When I try to make them use said instrument, result was like "OH S#!T, WHAT DO I DO? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!111!!!1 AJDFNWJFJEJWF" *blows*. Is a way to avoid a crash in the game.
    Weaboo is actually an insult even in japan, lol. Anyway, it was a joke easier to get if you know what it means, so instead of explain it for those who don't know what it is, leave a link to a source.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    Alex WaveDiver likes this.
  12. Alex WaveDiver

That genuinely had me guffawing :rofl:

Osoreshi likes this.
  13. KWVance

lol :rofl:I was going to tell them they meant otaku, but i stopped because my friend already knew (hes one of those fans thats like "NO! I read the manga, you watched the anime, ergo, my opinion outweighs yours! :disshappy:) I understood it was used for the sake of making the thing an alteration. lol remember when geek and nerd were still insults? anyway wapanese is in the urban dictionary as a white person who likes Japanese culture so much that they act Japanese. I earned this nickname after I told my friends that when I watch anime in subtitles, for some reason, when i recall the series in my mind I remember the characters speaking english.

anyway to get this a little more on topic, thanks for explaining everything to me. I can understand how my ignorance on the subject can be frustrating. can you point me to a tutorial on how to use starbound composer? I cant seem to find one:cry:

14. Osoreshi

I watch anime too (my avatar should have given that away), but I don't think myself an otaku; I like it, I watch it, deal with it. English is not even my main language, is it wrong to speak it because is not even part of my culture to know english? Never heard that before, double standards. Just keep being yourself regardless of what you like to watch on your free time.

That needs no tutorial, lol, it automatically detects where your starbound folder is and detects all instruments (if not, you choose it manually). Vanilla instruments will show up immediately. Mods are generally stored on "giraffe_storage/mods", and program reads them from "mods" folder on root directory.

TL;DR
    [​IMG]

You should be asking for instructions to the developer by the way, not to me.

15. Osoreshi

Osoreshi updated Moar Keyboards (and other instruments) with a new update entry:

Taking a rest

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

So, you added TWO double bass?

I'll just take them..... *slinks away*

[​IMG]

Hello ladies ewe

Osoreshi likes this.
  17. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

I am nuker19, underground gamer and mod fanatic and this is my favorite mod on the forums
    [​IMG]

Osoreshi likes this.
  18. Alex WaveDiver

19. Osoreshi

Now you have become my favorite user, thank you kind sir!
    [​IMG]

Codepuppy and nuker19 like this.
  20. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

Hey, its a good mod! What can I say? (SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING PUT IN AN HONKY TONK ORGAN ALONG WITH "THE SAINTS COME MARCHING IN", I NEED MY BLACK-CHURCH STYLE ROCK WHOMP OOH YEAH!!!)