1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSING DERRICK-need help finding certain creature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yzzey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Narciuss

Narciuss Aquatic Astronaut

2. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Whoa! Thanks! What are the co-ordinates?
    thanks!

3. Narciuss

Narciuss Aquatic Astronaut

I found him on X Tarazed 23 III -46050707, 54401040(10 Desert). He isn't on the surface, head right over a few hills and dig down below the background. Flesh blocks were further down.

4. Ciurrioc

Ciurrioc Star Wrangler

Success?

5. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Not yet. We've found three of his relatives. Maybe we could have a family reunion after that, but the real Derrick is yet to be found.

6. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

With so much technology at my disposal, I attempted to mutate my planet's native species into the form of Derrick.
    I met with what seemed to be success!
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, a short time later, the genetic imprint failed and the creature's original form reasserted itself.
    [​IMG]

I shall set aside my laboratory for now and continue to search among the stars.

7. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

WHOA! How did you do that?
    Edit: alright, Tanek told me how to genetically experiment on creatures to make them Derrick-like, though only temporary, but the search is still not over! I will travel the universe, searching far and wide, I will not rest till I have a capture pod, with Derrick safe inside.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  8. Rei Kisagi

Rei Kisagi Void-Bound Voyager

After reading the sad story about Derrick, i decided to keep an eye open for him. Now, on the world, i just arrived, i found maybe a brother of him, or is it Derrick?

The coordinates are:

Alpha Theta-2 Tau 5404 VI b

X: -32425756 Y: 84110851

Attached Files:

9. Tanek

Looks like it could be another relative. When Derrick is finally located, there can be one heck of a family reunion put together! :)

SirKaldar and Yzzey like this.
  10. TheKillerNacho

TheKillerNacho Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How have I not noticed this thread before??

I will keep an eye out for Derrick! Side note, this would be an excellent side quest for Chucklefish to make :rofl:

Legodude1237, Yzzey, Everburn and 3 others like this.
  11. firenexus

firenexus Phantasmal Quasar

so many close relatives.. but no derrick so far! i hope the derrick species is not dead and split up...

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  12. Chaosmancer

Chaosmancer Big Damn Hero

As soon as I work my way off of my obsidian starting planet, I will join this search for a Derrick shaped needle in an endless stack of hay.

Legodude1237 likes this.
  13. Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

I support Chucklefish adding a poster with this animal's mugshot and the message "Lost. Answers to Derrick. Reward."
    Just because of this thread.

14. gothixxx

gothixxx Space Spelunker

thats so sad :(

joining the search

15. firenexus

how do you do that, any way?

16. Tanek

You sneak into the files and remove anything that is not part of Derrick. :ninja:
    It tends to have adverse effects on all the small creatures in your universe, though, so it is not a real solution.

17. firenexus

and it auto-reverts?

18. Tanek

Technically, no, but I can't imagine you wanting to remove all other types of tiny creatures from the universe forever. :p

Originally, I was hoping to be able to grab a Derrick clone and store the settings in the pod. The pod, however, had other ideas. It stores a template based on the location, not the actual look at the time of capture. When the home planet reverted, so did the pod.

Long story short, it was a neat experiment, but the search continues! :)

SirKaldar and Yzzey like this.
  19. Chaosmancer

Chaosmancer Big Damn Hero

Well, I was digging under my home, through the obsidian and lava and poison water (which I was surprised to find), I found another Derrick relation.

[​IMG]

Although, now I look at it, it looks more like an evolution than a proper relative (longer legs, eye on tail, scales on the back instead of a fin) but either way, he (or she) was quite far underground on Alpha Mimosa 8941 I (x-27857277 y24227495). The search will continue as soon as I find enough coal to escape the solar system (yes, I see those four ore, but I felt that picturing and cross referencing the creature was more important).

nababoo likes this.
  20. Halfbreed

Halfbreed Poptop Tamer

I'm starting to think that Derrick's species left their home planet before it was destroyed and have since evolved to fit into the new climates on other planets.

No! I must stay hopeful and push on... for Derrick!

wheresthefife and Yzzey like this.