1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Missing 20 Hours of Progress

Discussion in 'Support' started by vancrabigail, Jan 17, 2017.

1. vancrabigail

vancrabigail Space Hobo

I am a mac user, running current software.

I recently began having issues with steam when launching my game from the desktop shortcut icon. I received a message saying that steam could not connect to my account and was unable to access files. I was able to bypass the error message for a few days and access my game by closing this message and simply clicking the icon on my desktop a second time.

Today however, when I attempted to open my game from the shortcut icon on my desktop, a menu popped up asking me to configure my save files. It asked me to chose between the save on the steam cloud (older) and local files (newer). I chose the cloud files thinking it would be the correct choice. Upon opening the game afterwards I realized that only 32.9 of my 52 hours were appearing and my recent progress is lost. In my library on steam however, it still says that I have 52 game play hours on file, despite only being able to access 32.9 within the game itself.

I would also like to add that I have tried the following already and they did not work:
    -clearing download cache within steam
    -opening game directly from within steam application
    -uninstalling steam and reinstalling
    -deleting desktop icon completely

Is there any way I can recover my lost progress? If so, a detailed description or resource would be very very much appreciated!

Thanks so much to anyone with advice!

• Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

I believe steam replaced the game files, so yeah you lost the progress, you can check the appdata folder (where the saves are) in case you have a backup.