1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

minor gifting bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kib The Great, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Kib The Great

Kib The Great Space Hobo

once in awhile when I give someone a gift (1/4 times ish) it gives me the dialogue "You have already gifted xxxxxx today" instead of that characters usual gift receiving dialogue. The gift is still given even when this happens so its not too big of an issue, just thought I'd mention it.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

This has happened to me as well. I believe it only happens when I've not talked to a villager first and exhausted all dialogue before giving the gift.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

I think it's also if you're using a stack of more than one item, as well as not talking first. I've had it many times but I have the impression it's always when I'm gifting salmonberries, or maybe a round of beers in the saloon

Reneeisxena and margotbean like this.
        • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, it's common if you've got a stack of the item you're gifting. If you talk to the person after it happens, they usually respond with the dialogue that was missing.

margotbean likes this.
          • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Wow, I'm able to reproduce the bug every time I gift a stack of an item now. Very helpful info, thanks!

BentFX likes this.