REQUEST Mining assist mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Kabigon, May 26, 2018.

1. Kabigon

Kabigon Void-Bound Voyager

I'm looking for a mod that is useful for mining. Specifically, I'd like to have the following functions:
    1) Use pickaxe/weapon with dedicated buttons. For example, B just for attach with any weapon on 2nd item slot, X for using pickaxe on 1st item slot.
    2) Eat food with one button press without asking for confirmation. For example, R to eat the food on 12th item slot.
    3) Craft staircase with one button press.
    4) Place staircase with one button press.
    Maybe more actions like craft bomb or so on. I don't meant to modify any mechanics in mining or combat but just some shortcut key bindings. And if possible, I'd like these keys to work only when I turn on something like "mining mode" because actually I prefer using controller where the number of keys are limited.

So can any one please tell me if there exist such mod? If there is no such mod, please let me know if you are also interested in such a mod and I may make one by myself.

Mining is pretty much different from other actions in Stardew Valley. One must act more quickly and especially in multiplayer situation where you cannot just open a menu and stop enemies. Even if I put commonly used items in fixed position, I may take out stone while I actually want to eat some food to save life under emergency. Unfortunately, I cannot find any official ways or mods to assist it. I'm wondering whether I'm so clumsy that anyone else don't need it or it's really good to have one but just no one has implemented it.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
      HopeWasHere likes this.
    • Emtu

Emtu Subatomic Cosmonaut

I know I've seen a mod that will auto-eat the least profitable food it finds in your inventory when your stamina is low. (This one, in fact.) Surely it could be altered to work with health instead, if that's not already an option.

As for the rest, the only thing I can suggest is the switching and crafting could be done with autohotkey, though the placing not so much, as that would require some intelligent placement to make sure it hits an open area, plus the newly crafted staircase could be anywhere in your inventory, depending on how much you've picked up.

• Kabigon

Kabigon Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for your suggestion. The auto-eat mod is somewhat different but I think it's pretty good start to learn mod programming from it. Autohotkey looks like a cool software and I'd like to have a try.

Placement is really a good point. Very often the current toolbar is filled with whole bunch of items so it would be much better if newly crafted staircase can be put in a fixed place.

I'm glad that some one like the idea so I'll try implementing a mod.