Boss Mini Boss spawn rate.

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Goldmask99, Dec 15, 2013.

?

Should there be more mini bosses on planets?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    85.2%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Make them very rare.

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Goldmask99

Goldmask99 Void-Bound Voyager

Ok i know this but WHY YOU NO HAVE MORE MINI BOSSES! i just have no time to go planet to planet to find one mini boss. PLUS I DON'T HAVE ANY TIME TO GET 300 COLE FOR TRAVELING! im sorry but this is just stupid.
    If you have any questions why i am making this post don't be afraid to ask.

2. Zedreth

Zedreth Space Hobo

I think the mini boss rate is perfectly good how it is. If you add more and more of them then they aren't really 'bosses' anymore. They are meant to be sprinkled about, a rare find, something that makes you go "Oooh, look what I found."

3. thefirecrack3r

thefirecrack3r Subatomic Cosmonaut

10 wood can be smelted into coal, and I got over 3000 wood on 1 forest planet (didn't even chop everything down). You only need 100 coal to travel (coal counts as 2 fuel) and within your sector it only costs 200 fuel to travel. I just encountered 3 mini bosses on one planet and I haven't even circled it all the way yet. Also, when your at your little travel computer and you see the planet your on, if you right click you can zoom out to the whole solar system you're at, from there you can travel to close planets, they only cost like 50 fuel or something.

Zedreth likes this.
  4. Goldmask99

Goldmask99 Void-Bound Voyager

OK, why did you post this i am not stupid.

5. thefirecrack3r

thefirecrack3r Subatomic Cosmonaut

Then why did you make this post at all? I was addressing your issues.
    1) miniboss spawns: miniboss spawns seem pretty random, I've got a lot in my travels. Some planets have tons, some seem to have fewer.
    2) Coal: I explained easier ways to get coal than mining, also told you that you can travel for less than 300 coal, its actually much cheaper.

6. Guffherdy

Guffherdy Void-Bound Voyager

Lord no. I hate to awaken a dead thread, but I get 2 or more mini bosses on every other planet, and let me tell you, I need no more heart attacks.

7. Draekrio

Draekrio Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To keep things on track of it being a suggestion thread, why not have this be an option that can be toggled on world creation, perhaps as a easy/medium/hard bulletpoint same as choosing between casual softcore or hardcore? Or a proportionate slider, reducing their rarity but reducing their strength too, so we could decide between them being littered around and slightly more powerul (like generic MMO Elite mobs) Or having them be rare yet dangerous encounters, coming closer to the strength of an end of tier boss fight?

I think having the option would be for the best, I personally would love to run into more minibosses, but I know a lot of people who would be frustrated by the constant danger and just want to play for the building and crafting game aspects.

Or maybe, as a third thought, have miniboss strength/population be randomized on each planet and visible from the nav interface?

Guffherdy likes this.