Miner's Hat

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ananisapta, Mar 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ananisapta

Ananisapta Space Hobo

A miner's hat that will illuminate surroundings would be very nice!

• M.Car

M.Car Space Penguin Leader

There's a ring you can get that does this.

• Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

You can get a ring that illuminate around you, just keep digging, or creating an ultimate ring that require 5 iridium bar, 50 solar, and 50 void that attract item, glow, and increase your damage output.

• Ananisapta

Ananisapta Space Hobo

THANKS!

Small Glow Ring Emits a small, constant light. Emits 5 radius circle of light. Light effect stacks with other glow rings. Killing Slimes in The Mines before level 40, Treasure Chests found from Fishing

Glow Ring Emits a constant light. Emits 10 radius circle of light. Light effect stacks with other glow rings. Killing Slimes in The Mines after level 40 or Skeleton in The Mines level 70-79. It can also be received as loot by destroying various barrels and boxes in The Mines .

BUT since I already have two nice rings that help me in combat, whereas my head slot is unused, I would still like the head lamp. Simmons marketed a carbide head lamp in 1915 that would fit nicely with the mining technology in the game.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
          • Chiefthawk

Chiefthawk Space Spelunker

I understand there is a ring but a miner's hat makes more sense.

• PerkulatorBenny

PerkulatorBenny Orbital Explorer

But that would cause a problem since literally every other hat in the game is purely cosmetic. That would make that one hat be the "optimal" choice, and I don't think that's quite what's intended.

• General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

this makes perfect sense to have in the game

• Ananisapta

Ananisapta Space Hobo

Now that I've progressed to around level 95, I'm impressed that darkness was a problem only for a few levels and could have been adequately managed with the candles lying around. But the whole dungeon would be a LOT spookier if there were more darkness, and the miner's hat would definitely have been needed for that.

General Nuclear likes this.
                  • Rubicant1982

Rubicant1982 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think this is a wonderful idea.
                    though it would make me have inventory -1 cuz I would carry it around for when I want to go spelunking :rofl:
                    and wear other hats or no hat most of the other time.

I would like to see other useful items though too! like maybe accessories that help with farming/fishing/gathering not just combat.
                    This would make the game much more customization and add a new layer of stuff to think about/collect :)

• Fuzake

Fuzake Void-Bound Voyager

I ended up having a magnet ring and a glow ring equipped until I got the iridium ring simply because the quality of life benefits they granted seemed far more useful than abstract combat bonuses. For that reason, I wouldn't mind having some form of light that doesn't take up my ring slots just because the choice between "Improve your character" and "make the game less irritating to play" is not a very interesting choice, to me.

However, I do agree that the hat slot would be a bad fit as that seems intended purely for cosmetic purposes. Maybe an equippable flashlight that you could swap to for illumination then quickly swap back to a sword when you get attacked? Would work like a torch but wouldn't require dropping it on the ground. Would also add an interesting tool to use in the mines besides the sword, pickaxe, and occasional bomb.