Minecraft Easteregg

Discussion in 'Other' started by Manilian, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

Please tell me you are joking....

WoxandWarf likes this.
  2. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

He isn't, some people just don't bother checking their sources.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  3. Manilian, this is most certainly not stupid. I think it's a great idea!

Manilian likes this.
  4. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

What a brilliant and well thought out statement! Are you perhaps a writer?

Shanjaisolen and WoxandWarf like this.
  5. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

i started writing a book once but got bored

6. Xefs

Xefs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Everyone please take note that people are in-fact, not clones (don't worry guys, I double checked this)! And some people may have different tastes in their games, so some people are going to like some games, and some won't (Amazing, I know!). Just because you like/dislike something doesn't mean everyone likes it (Or that it should be banned from ever showing up again). :p

Lets get back on topic now, shall we?

7. Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thought there was already creepers in Starbound?

8. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

:ssssssssss: God no....
    well anyways - I like minecraft but fun per minute is lacking
    i love nerdy games and indie games (small indie games)
    i have like 40 games on steam so yeah
    and i don't play mainstream games like mw3, b2, etc
    and by nerdy i mean league of legends

9. MKSTAR26

MKSTAR26 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"oh boo hoo wah I hate whatever's being referenced get rid of it you guys suck for liking it"
    "bluh bluh waaah I hate you for hating this idea because it has something we like you suck for hating it"

It's half 11PM, and this is exactly what I'm seeing.

I do completely like the idea of what the OP's suggesting though.

bounding star likes this.
  10. Sorta like the headless horseman from Skyrim?

Awesome idea :D

Manilian likes this.
  11. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

o and btw, chucklefish decided a long time ago to keep references to the minimum

12. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Thats why they confirmed they will have creepers from minecraft and monsters from various other games? (Tiy Twitter)

13. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

creepers are more revolutionary than minecraft so thats cool

14. Bfuzz

Bfuzz Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you don't like the suggestion then don't complain about it, many people (including I) find this to be a good suggestion. Positive feedback should be only acceptable, if not then constructive ways to improve it will work too.

But anyway, I love the idea! Where would you find the easter egg?

15. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

I like the idea, it sounds pretty cool.

Manilian likes this.
  16. ziberoo

ziberoo Spaceman Spiff

Revolutionary? They're natural suicide bombers.
    Suicide bombers have been in CoD(urgh...), halo(suicide grunts IIRC) and more. just because they're failed pigs does not make them revolutionary.

On topic; This idea is cool, but the only problem I can think of is that it would have to always be on the same co-ords to be unique...I think :p

17. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

Honestly I find this topic to be similar to Slender related ideas. Minecraft is a fun game and such at times, but I find that most things having to do with Minecraft are just kids that want to show how cool they are just because they like a popular game (Not implying that the author is). An 'easter egg' in my opinion is a thing that represents another thing that could be in a different game, often hidden, both physically and mentally. What I mean by physically is that you can interact with it, see it, use it, or something like that. What I mean by mentally is that it's usually something that people actually have to think about before they get that "Hey, that's an easter egg! Hahaha...". If it's a super popular game that everyone knows about and everyone gets every single reference, it makes the easter egg easier to spot, therefore ruining the reward of finding it. Easter eggs usually work with an old game or something thats funny (As in the Monkey Family in Halo 3).

Sorry for the TL;DR, but I just wanted to put this out there.

nababoo likes this.
  18. Zetro

Zetro Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think we should stop forcing opinions upon each other because nothing because nothing but anger and fighting can come of that. As for the easter egg I think it should be a little more subtle maybe have a weird blocky fossil or maybe an ender pearl renamed "Apocalypse Pearl" so it isn't ripped directly from the game, after all isn't that why we like easter eggs?

19. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

finally someone who gets it, minecraft isn't my favorite game but that's not the point

20. I prefer to think that easter eggs are little nuggets of joy, given when the user has a general knowledge of *stuff*.

Ooh, an Ender Dragon -- they'd probably fit in well as a fossil.