Minecraft Easteregg

Discussion in 'Other' started by Manilian, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Manilian

Manilian Big Damn Hero

Here I present to you just a small fun little easteregg that can bring an smile and wonder to your beautiful face. Nothing changes the game and you won't say "Woah!" but I think it would be a cool tiny add-on as an easteregg.

You wonder upon a cave, what seems like a sword made out of ancient diamond (though it seems not very powerful- anymore) lies in the corner. Blood streaks lead the way to a gloomy dead skeleton, the only thing that catches your eye is the blue faded away jean, and yet a lighter blue shirt, horribly torn that you can rip it so easily. The shirt has small blobs of blood stains. As you look to your left, a journal appears next to the skeleton's hand. You notice the last page is doggy eared, so you turn to it and the almost unreadable cheap ink reads "The things. These little mutants from the far away stars. What are they? WHO are they? Worst than the dragon from the End, worst then the exploding green maggots. This..." The last letter of "This" seems to be almost finished, but you assumed it wasn't able to complete it's sentence because of the interruption of the skeleton's (maybe once human) death.
    You exit the cave in utter confusion, behind you a spirit appears as you leave. It's right hand is holding a diamond pick.

Zailiner, Patrick, I'sahkiir and 7 others like this.
  2. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice, it would be a great addition. But with the spirit, is it a NPC where you can interact?

3. Manilian

Manilian Big Damn Hero

Maybe. I guess if you click on it the "spirit" dissapears. Other then that, I just want it to be simple and mysterious.

4. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

i hate minecraft, i say dont compare them

5. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

Hmm, I saw "Minecraft Easteregg" and was like "Oh god, not another one of these idiots, this game doesn't need any more references..."

then I read it and realized you were not an idiot, this is quite possible the first Minecraft/Terraria/etc reference suggestion I approve of...

6. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

7. Manilian

Manilian Big Damn Hero

Thanks! I'm glad I'm not an idiot :)

8. Black Hawk

Black Hawk Subatomic Cosmonaut

Black Hawk hopes there will be many pop culture references. And he likes this idea a lot.

okok111 likes this.
  9. megaman0122

megaman0122 Master Chief

kinda works great when considering all the random planets you can travel to... MINECRAFT PLANET?!

10. krayfuse

krayfuse Big Damn Hero

Please not a entire planet. I think that cameos/references/Easter eggs should be minimal, hard to find, something that would make you smile, not too big, not too small. This one, i think personally, its a bit big, but im fine with it in the game :p I'm guessing they will be blocky?

11. Soprano

Soprano Pangalactic Porcupine

It's not often you find a reference for Minecraft this good. Nice job.

12. Ravenous Space Rat

Ravenous Space Rat Cosmic Narwhal

I like this easter egg suggestion but........
    Tiy has already said creepers would make a cameo and most likely nothing else.

13. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

:lolwut: Awww I like idiots and I love myself!

14. Brixmon

Brixmon Phantasmal Quasar

Ah! Finally an easter egg reference that isn't completely over the top! I approve ;)
    No! By hating Minecraft you may cause a rift in the very fabric of sp

15. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

No! By hating Minecraft you may cause a rift in the very fabric of sp[/quote]
    the main reason people like minecraft is mods but why not get a game already good and mod it.

Bombzero likes this.
  16. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

the main reason people like minecraft is mods but why not get a game already good and mod it.[/quote]
    My mac can't run mods for minecraft because of the weird problem between java and apple, the most advanced versions for macs is 7.
    I can run minecraft though.

17. Phantomhearts

Phantomhearts Phantasmal Quasar

the main reason people like minecraft is mods but why not get a game already good and mod it.[/quote]
    Your forgetting that some people play minecraft just to have a simple adventure or proboly build a superstructure(i cant spell >:l)

18. Brixmon

Brixmon Phantasmal Quasar

>> The joke >>​
    Your heads​
    O O O​

I'sahkiir likes this.
  19. He isn't comparing them, he just suggested a cool little easter egg

20. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

It is a stupid easter egg, good easter eggs are of the uncommon old video games that inspired the creator giving tribute to them and respecting them, minecraft is a ripoff of multiple games and was not revolutionary so a better easter egg would be of terraria, a game minecraft was based off of and the creator helped make.