mine gives money?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 123cake, Oct 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 123cake

123cake Void-Bound Voyager

I was doing a research on the mine in three days I went 10 Levels of each part of the mine, take your conclusion

day 1 - neutral , 9:00am>7:00pm

11 cooper bars (level 10-20)

-mining 7 (miner skill +1 ore per vein )

day 2 - good , 9:00am>4:00pm

8 iron bars (level 40-50)
    1 cooper bar (from boxes)

day 3 - bad , 7:00am>4:00pm

9 gold bars (level 80-90)
    1 cooper bar

-----------------------------------------------------------------//----------------------
    day 1 = ~660g
    day 2 = ~1020g
    day 3 = ~2060g

I do not consider other minerals
    NOTE :you can do much more than that, I searched just 10 levels each
    (sorry for the language error i'm not american (Brazilian)

• SunTide

SunTide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mines aren't bad if you're in a position to sell your metal bars. You can get 6-10k pretty reliably from the lower 20 floors, and the Skull Caves can do even better.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Mining is a viable way to turn a profit, particularly on days when you're not going to do much farming-- rain, or especially in the winter season. Once the elevator is fully unlocked you can zero-in on specific zones of whatever metal you're looking for, and keep yourself bouncing between those levels to mine them all day.

• 123cake

123cake Void-Bound Voyager

really, but we have to consider the monsters, stamina and time

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Fishing is a better option of alternative income in my experience. I usually make around 3 times as much g from fishing than from mining on average. I mine for resources (and for fun), I fish for extra cash.

• Akanaro

Akanaro Great Scott!

I never found mining itself to be a reliable source of income which is okay because I don't think it was ever intended to be such. However if you get to level 9 mining skill you can build a few Crystalariums and just stick diamonds in there for a constant, effort free source of income. It's pricey to set up but once you have about 10 of them you'll get about 7500g per week out of them for free. Of course by the time you can actually build a lot of them you probably won't need the gold anymore. :/

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Mining gives a lot more indirect money than fishing, simply because you can use the ores to craft objects and upgrade tools. It also syneregizes with a lot of farming products. When you factor in that, mining's monetary worth skyrockets, in my opinion. Especially if you're running a Hilltop map, and so get copper ore much earlier.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I find that a good Floor 90->100+ run will give me a few thousand in terms of selling gems.

I, of course, took the occasional double gem and occasional double geode perk, and I go down in with some bombs and I usually make a good 5000+G in a day by bringing back a bunch of gems. I don't even sell smelted bars, I just sell gems and solar/void essence, lol.

Get a double gem proc on a diamond vein (I usually see at least 1)? That's 1500G right there. Rubies are rather common down there, Emeralds and Topazes you'll see too, along with the occasional Jade or Aquamarine. Also, Red and Purple Mushrooms are worth a bit too and you usually see a few. Also, Fire Quartzes can be found laying around.

I remember that one day I saw three diamond veins going from Floor 90 to 105 and two of them double-procced. That's 3750 in diamonds alone. Since diamonds are ONLY useful for gifting to villagers (I'd rather just spam "Like" gifts if Love ones are too difficult to get ahold of), you can safely sell them all after donating 1 to the museum. Why drop a 1500G diamond on a villager when you could give them fruit, flowers, etc instead?

EDIT: I keep 2-3 Diamonds in a chest in case a quest comes up on Pierre's Bulletin Board, because they'll pay you sometimes double the normal value.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
                  • dande313

dande313 Void-Bound Voyager

I've noticed that the "Luck" mechanic plays very little role in the mines, at least for me anyways. Maybe I'm just "lucky" not to have the spirits of "luck" affect me.
                    Once mining is maxed out, with the right perks selected, metal bars start bring in a TON of income. At the end, Gold bars sell for 750 gold each, and it's very easy to wind up with 80+ gold ores a day.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

If a diamond gave you, say, a special tier of "loved item
                      Then try going in on a very unlucky day, and a very lucky one. Go down some levels. See how they differ.

Truthfully, they do. In major ways. Small ones on lesser variances of luck, but the major swings pull up entirely unique levels where very good/extremely bad things happen.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I suppose if you took the bar perks... but I'm a packrat when it comes to crafting materials, lol. I don't like selling them even when I know I will probably never use the 300+ (and climbing...) ore I'm holding onto.

• dande313

dande313 Void-Bound Voyager

You mean the monster infested areas? I love those!!! Swing 'dat bat, kill 'dem serpents. With all that void essence, you make a fortune!

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

No, I mean in the mines. Very lucky and very unlucky days net you special levels. You can't miss them. Slightly lucky and unlucky days won't be anywhere near as obvious, just a matter of small checks that might grant you a geode (or not), or a few extra ores (or not), etc.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
                            • Jillybean

Jillybean Seal Broken

I don't make any money from the mines, but that's due to hording chest-fulls as I worry I might sell something I will need later? I love crafting you see so want to be able to craft everything possible.

I am definately a horder though. I even find it hard deciding what forage to sell and what crops to sell. I want to keep everything and be able craft/cook with all of them.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Okay, the mines can be quite profitable if you're lucky and find a level full of mushrooms. Keep going back to that level over and over and you're gonna roll in money by the end of the day. I just made 9000g in shrooms alone plus a few extra ks in gems in one trip to the mines. Pretty nice, can't complain :p

rozdab likes this.