1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Mine elevator/treasure chest bug (xbox one)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Old Murray, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Old Murray

Old Murray Space Hobo

Like the title states, this is a bug I found on the xbox one version of the game.

On my first playthrough, everything worked fine, aside from the occasional freeze when going to bed, but all in all a smooth game. A few days later, I decide to start a new save file and try out a different farm map. Everything works as expected until day 5 of Spring, when I go to the mine. Marlon gives me the sword and I'm ready to go. Out of habit, I head straight for the elevator and discover that all floors are unlocked.

Shrugging, I go down the ladder and work my way to level 10, where I discover the treasure chest is missing. Taking the ladder back to the entrance, I decide to investigate. Using the elevator, I check every level that should have a chest, only to find that they're all gone, except for the skull key chest on floor 120.

I delete my new save file and try making another new file. I make it to day 5, go into the mine, and once again, the only treasure chest is on floor 120.

Thinking that deleting my first save file will reset the mine, I do so. No big loss. I get bored of playing once I finish the community center. I load up my new save (now my only save), and the problem persists. I do a hard reset of my xbox and the problem persists even more (I think I heard the game laugh at me at this point).

While the bug is pretty major, in theory it does not prohibit players from finishing the mine, but it is still annoying. As you no longer have access to the various pairs of boots and weapons the chests provide, the mines become much more difficult if you don't have the money to upgrade your gear at the adventurer's guild or get lucky with random drops.

This bug may also affect PS4 players.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

WeatherKain likes this.
    • Faux Pirate

Faux Pirate Space Hobo

I'm having this exact same issue. All floors unlocked and no treasure to be had. The biggest bummer of all is no stardrop at 100. Which means I can't complete that achievement for collecting all of them on this save file if I wanted to.

And I hard reset as the Community Manager guy suggested (instead of using the Exit Tile) and the problem is still persisting.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017