Min/max challenges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by squigglyruth, Dec 23, 2018.

1. squigglyruth

squigglyruth Pangalactic Porcupine

It turns out the mushroom floor strategy did gain foraging XP faster than planting spring seeds. Without planting any spring seeds at all, I got foraging level 10 on Thursday 25th, with a comfortable margin (lots of trees left to chop). Sooner is probably quite possible, since it took me most of the month to work out how the mines reset themselves these days, and I wasted a bunch of time on days when I was mining for mushrooms.
    There is also the added bonus of tonnes of cash from selling the mushrooms. Total earnings by the end of spring were 125321. I can't quite work out what to spend it on, though - I only ever planted the bare minimum of seeds to fulfill the basic spring crops bundle in the community centre, so I can't see my farmer suddenly switching to planting the whole farm out in hops. I've bought a few fruit trees, which seem in keeping, and a barn (I'm drowning in wood, so I may as well spend it!). I think I might put the majority of the money towards pigs, and keep my wild tree-filled farm with the addition of fruit trees and flowers for honey.

BentFX likes this.
    • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Day two, got a friendly bubble again...
      Level 4 fishing, right at midnight, on Spring 2 (2,773g.)
      Lvl4.jpg

Level 6 at 11:50 on Spring 3. Sold to Willy the next day, for ~4,200g, after eating enough chub to fuel chopping 300 wood. 5,034g in pocket.
      Lvl6.jpg

I've got some cleanup to do on the videos. When I get them uploaded I'll drop a link here... Even I don't believe it without the video. :D

EDIT: Stuck em in a playlist bookended by days 1 and 4, for context, like anyone wants context... The bubbles start at 1:20 on day 2...
      Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
      • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

So, I've been keeping my Farming 10 farm from earlier this thread ticking over, and I recently broke through the one million gold mark on Summer 25.

https://upload.farm/all?series=1GSMKv

That's still without sprinklers or artisan machinery, just manual watering, and selling crops raw.

A few milestones
        Spring 28 - Floor 30 of mines. Got an ancient seed from a bug drop. Bought the vault bundles to repair the bus
        Summer 1-4 - 300 Blueberries, 205 starfruit and 100 melons planted with money left from spring plus a bit of fishing. Also, found Neptune's Glaive and another ancient seed in chests
        Summer 10 - Floor 60 of mines (got down 25 floors in one day)
        Summer 13 - 1st crop of starfruit harvested, bought 338 starfruit to replant for 2nd half of summer
        Summer 17 - Floor 85 of mines. Fire quartz found and boiler room bundles completed for minecart repair, and Joja membership bought immediately after
        Summer 18 - Bought greenhouse repair from Joja
        Summer 19 - Greenhouse planted with another 120 starfruit. Opened Secret Woods
        Summer 22 - Lightning rods unlocked and placed
        Summer 23 - Floor 90 of mines for Obsidian Edge.
        Summer 24 - 1st ancient fruit plant harvested. Bought bridge repair from Joja for quarry access.
        Summer 25 - Reached 1 million in earnings with starfruit harvest, wheat planted to preserve hoed ground for fall.
        Summer 28 - With no watering to do today, I cleared some of the quarry, and had a prismatic shard drop from the mystic node in the quarry

I'm currently on course for more than 2.5million in earnings by the end of the year, even without more plots to tend, but probably could have done more in summer because I wasn't watering as late as possible. Plan for fall is to water more and later, with my shiny new gold watering can that I'm collecting on Fall 1, for as much cash as possible, and also going to make as many garden pots as I can for a little extra growing space in the greenhouse during winter, to see if I can crank it up past 4 million, although that'll be tough. My crystalarium from the 25k vault bundle might be switched from diamond to quartz to get what I need for the garden pots; at just 7 hours cycle time, it'll produce two per day.

I'm also going to have a go at the Foraging 10 race, now I have a target to aim at ....

Just watched the day 2 vid (will catch the others later) and what's even sicker about this is that you spent so much time farming and foraging in the morning that you didn't make that first cast into the lake until 9.30am, when it's quite possible to do so at 7.50 am, and you also basically wasted almost another hour by bunking off at midnight instead of sticking it out until 12.50am before running home to ship everything at the last minute. Imagine what you could have done on a day 2 like that, with another 2.5 hours of fishing!

Seriously impressive, and ending up with 60 bait from chests is just insane

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I hear you. I feel out of place posting it here, because it really isn't min/maxing. It's just ridiculous RNG to get bubbles that last that long. But dang it! I gotta post it somewhere. Putting the videos up is really just a way to say look what really happened, not look what I did. :D
          Now that is insane. Even if you took out any RNG, it would still be insane. I have never dug into real min/maxing because I hate that water can so much. I can't imagine even wanting to run with the big dogs. :D

Keep it up!

squigglyruth and hyperthyme like this.
          • One More Day

Kinda getting fed up with it myself now tbh, I'm just doing one day here and there on that farm, been doing other things, but I really want to stick it out through the rest of the year and see what I can get to.

BentFX likes this.
            • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I tip my hat to you, good sir, for a gentleman always acknowledges when he is fairly beaten.

I do wonder, however, if you could have pushed that further with using artisan. Even just using preserves jars, which can be strictly had for purchase in wood and stone and coal, would have significantly boosted things. Even 60 Jars could have tripled your profits on quite a few Blueberries. Assuming we start on the 13th for it to start, since that is when Blueberries become mature, it would be able to process seven batches of crops. 7*60=420 crops boosted. (remember blueberries produce 3 berries each, so you had more than enough coming in).

Assuming no Artisan perk, because you're working UP to Farming 10, which means you aren't there yet, that's 150g/ea instead of 50g/ea, for an increase of 100g/ea. So that would've been another 42k of gold. But let's look at something a bit more profitable, eh?

205 Starfruit and 100 Melons could all end up going into the Preserves Jars. You're only just more than doubling the price of the Starfruit, and hardly doing any more than a gold-star starfruit, but that's still an extra 800g per regular starfruit going into the jar. So let's say that half of them, roughly 100 Starfruit, end up going the way of the Jar, for a bonus of 80k, and still plenty of room in the jars left over.

Now, if you could get 60 Kegs by then, you'd be doing better, because that's straight up tripling the price of all three cash crops, plus you could also do Hops. Just 30 hops, assuming you had 60 kegs, would net you 9k (at 300/ea for pale ale since you won't have Artisan yet), and since they harvest daily you'd be doing pretty well for building your farming experience. Or, 60 kegs could handle 120 Starfruit (since they take a week to brew, and you'd have two brewing cycles before the end of the month), which would bump them up to 2,250g/ea instead of 750g/ea. So while you wouldn't be able to process all 200 fruit, you'd probably sell the gold star ones, and brew the rest. But 1,500g additional profit per starfruit processed would be an additional 180,000g in your pocket by the end of the month.

A combination of 60 kegs and 60 jars would be a substantial infrastructure investment in your first spring, but it might well pay off. Or it might not have enough time to produce a return on investment to be worth it before the end of the first Summer.

I also wonder if Deluxe Sprinklers would've been able to help you, but that would've taken significant time and especially stamina, away from your crops during the spring to hit level 80 and get as much gold and iron as possible to make as many sprinklers as possible. But the stamina savings in Summer would let you go fishing or mining more often which might net you the additional cash on hand you need to hit your targets. I know it amortizes out over the one year timeframe, but I'm not sure, again, if it would be worth the time and stamina investment to get them vs how many extra crops you can maintain with that stamina.

I know, I must sound silly, being probably the biggest proponent of art of the artisinal being the way to fortune, but that only assumes you can reap the rewards of your labor over several growing seasons, while you're going to do it in under one month from the time you could build them. It simply might not be worth the price of admission. Much like Casks, you just can't get them in enough volume to be worth the bother.

• One More Day

The whole farm started as a race to Farming 10, which was achieved on spring 21, and there simply wasn't time to get quality sprinklers up and running for that, so it all had to be hand watered. It was only after I got there that I somewhat arbitrarily decided to continue manually watering. Obviously sprinklers would be better, and with everything I'd grown, food wouldn't have been an issue had I decided to power down the mines in the last week of spring and get ore and quartz for crafting them. I could easily have got enough for what I'm hand watering, but I've done that a million times already in SDV, this was a deliberate choice to see what could be done doing something differently.

And the same with the Artisan vs Agriculturist perk. Of course you make more money by processing crops, but again, I've always done the kegs and jars thing.

For this, I'm filling the greenhouse with 120 starfruit with deluxe speed gro, which means that with careful timing, it stacks with the Agriculturist perk so that they grow in just 9 days and I can get a third harvest of them each season. That's a 50% increase in income and in this case is actually better than the 40% Artisan perk, even without processing. Of course I'd get even more if I processed them, but let's look at the options. I'm on the Fishing Farm layout, because that gave me best access to water at the start for the push to Farming 10, but it means that oak resin is out of the question because most of the usable space is already in use for crops, and anyway, the few acorns I got were used for field snacks very early on.

So, no kegs, how about jars? Obviously chopping and mining all that wood, stone and coal is not an option, so each jar costs 2,500g to buy. Although I've earned a million, most of it has just been ploughed straight back into seeds, joja repairs and tool upgrades, and I've only just reached the point where I could actually afford to buy a meaningful quantity of them, after selling that big harvest at the end of summer. I haven't actually missed out on any money from it yet, so I'll think about it after I've bought my fall seeds and truly have some spare cash.

EDIT: Just crunched some numbers on kegs

I have 380k cash now, and I anticipate spending about 150k on pumpkin and cranberry seeds on Fall 1, leaving me with enough cash for about 90 kegs, enough to keg all the starfruit in the greenhouse and 150 pumpkins. Would probably need to build a barn too, in which to store them, another 12.5k expense once materials are added to the bill. You've also got to think of the extra time to keep loading and unloading the jars every three days, an average of about half an hour per day. On the plus side, it would improve earnings by about 400k per season, but at a cost of that 230k, a net gain of 570k to the end of the first year, or about 10k per day. Sure, I can buy more kegs later, after the first harvest of cranberries, but that means even more time for managing them too, and another building in which to keep them. That's a lot of effort for not a lot of reward. With a gold can now available, for equivalent earnings, I think I'd rather just water an extra 70 or so pumpkins during the fall instead.

So IMO, even jars only make any sense if you have all your stuff watered and get the artisan perk, and then I'm back to do the exact same farm as always again. I think I'll stick with the plan of no processing, just to see what can be achieved just by watering.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
                  squigglyruth and hyperthyme like this.
                • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, I'm in! I hate the water can, but I do enjoy the fishing pole. Just finished day 4 and it looks good, except I am going to be scratching for bait. The only good thing about day 1 was an artifact before my normal route took me past Gunther. Day 2 kinda sucked. Got level 3 while waiting for Willy to open. I bought 3 fish soup and only 317 bait. Ignored treasure chests and passed out at the lake. Day 4, got level 7 at 7:00pm, so I'm right in the hunt compared to your run, but now I've got to chase treasure chests for the bait. We'll see how it goes. :D

EDIT: Well, that fell apart. Lots of Carp[sic]. Got level 8 about 2 hours behind you, level 9 about 4.5 hours behind. Day 7, woke up with only 35 bait, so as a last gasp I went to WIlly's and bought an iridium rod and five dressed spinners. Finished the day only 637xp short. Finally got level 10 at 10:20am on the 8th, so I did actually make up ground, even though I made a trip to the beach. The spinners work. I'm curious what a person would have to do to swing that purchase on the 5th (Willy's closed the 6th.) Spinners unlock at level 8, so if you level up on the 5th, then dash to the beach, buy stuff and pass out there, the 6th and 7th could both be way better.

Another thing I'm going to try is getting into my fishing chest at 1:50am, dropping the fish and filling my inventory with the junk. Then I can throw that stuff in the shipping box the next morning. You take a hit from Joja passing out with money in you're pocket, but even if you take two or three hits it's still money in you're pocket that could buy dressed spinners.

I'm gonna press this! :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
                    One More Day and hyperthyme like this.
                  • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I tried this with the mining skill, but there are days that I "derp" around and don't do nothing of value lol, not to mention the days where I get bored, those challenges aren't for me xD
                    I managed to have mining lv10 at day 3 of summer (but had to wait until day 4 to sell my stuff with the increased perk), I could do earlier if I ignored birthdays, basically I rushed to golden pickaxe (and got caught again and again on having my tools deliver on holidays, I don't know why I still didn't learned my lesson and checked the calendar).

The strategy was to enter on floor 81 and 101, since they offer the best layout and net the most golden veins, I went to Miner/Blacksmith since crystalariums take more time to create now with the Skull Cavern increased difficulty, I made 10 furnaces and smelted gold bars, I waited until I got Blacksmith and sold all my golden bars, also the gems as well, I tried to hold the most gems that I could since I had to sell some to affort the upgrades.

I bet that you guys can do a lot better, energy isn't a issue once you unlocked floor 105 and have the golden pickaxe, for be the most opmization I think that went to floor 120 was a mistake, dunno why I stayed with some crops. To be honest this was most trial and error, now I have a good grasp that I should focus on floors 81 and 101.

I didn't do mushroom floors, I searched to do see if I could find at least one time for upgrade my tools but It didn't spawned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I will purchase a Deluxe Barn and try to run a wool farm.

PS: I got dinosaur egg at day 3 fishing on the lake, everything is recorded, my wife got so angry with me because the item that she wants to most want (legitmily) is dinosaur egg.

hyperthyme and One More Day like this.
                    • One More Day

Each time I started, I just searched the whole map and made sure I went to Gunther last if necessary. But eventually I reached the point where I started aborting runs on day 1, before I even started fishing, if I didn't scrape together a good amount of forage for converting to seeds on day 2, plenty of onions to not need to eat any fish on day 2 either, and an artifact. The extra money for day 3 was so important that I felt it wasn't worth even starting to fish without that behind me. Much easier just to load a new farm, when I'd only sunk a few minutes into one that will almost certainly fail to beat my goal. Also, once energy was exhausted breaking rocks for coal and geodes to sell, I finished the day scything all the fiber I could get, usually worth well over 200g, before I crashed into bed at the last moment.

This is a really solid idea, I totally didn't think of this. I'm pretty sure items unlock in Willy's shop their moment you reach the necessary level. I just checked back on my farm and I got Fishing 8 at 1.50pm on day 5, which would have been plenty of time to run down, buy as many as I could afford, and get back to fishing. I would have got to the shop, and back to the lake, well before 5pm. It also solves the problem of getting all the bait up front on day 3, you can top up on that half way through too. Going to have to try this again now....

Nice marker, but in a pure race to Mining 10, faster is definitely possible. I've had Mining 9 before end of spring in a well balanced farm, never mind one dedicated just to the pursuit of Mining 10. I'm not certain what is possible, but I'd expect something before Spring 20 is very doable. If it's possible to get 400XP descending to floor 20 on the first day of the mines with a basic pickaxe, and only breaking copper nodes and a few cheap gems, it should be possible to hit 1,000+ XP per day towards the end when you're breaking gold nodes and expensive gems, and you don't even have to look for ladders any more.
                      I don't think it's worth the bother to upgrade that far if the aim is simply just to get Mining 10 asap, because that's at least four days wasted waiting for Clint. At most, a single upgrade to copper should suffice. Above that upgrade tier, the tiny reduction in hits to break rocks doesn't justify the lost time and expense. Even two days lost for that copper upgrade might be an unnecessary luxury; big clusters of gold can just be blown up with explosives crafted from all the iron and copper ore and coal acquired earlier, we're not saving it for anything. It's probably worth the three hour round trip to the wizard to enable unlocking the CC so you can fix the minecarts though, plus of course spending a few moments each day watering a cauliflower, a bean and a potato for that second bundle to unlock the boiler room scroll.

BentFX and hyperthyme like this.
                      • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Oh the basic crops I bought, I think that we need to get cauli, potato and beans no matter the kind of game you wish to play, I think that I got the carts unlocked at day 16 because I wasn't luck in get Fire Quartz from geodes, so I had to reach the magma levels.
                        When I mentioned that I sticked with some crops was because in the beginning I wanted to have at least 9 strawberry seeds, but I changed my mind and tried to see how golden bars selling was going to be, the thing about golden pickaxe is that breaking regular rocks to find the exit consumes a lot of stamina, by upgrading I could be more efficient. I mentioned that I farmed levels 81 and 101, but when I could I always tried to reach lv 83 because it have a nice distribution of rocks to form the golden nodules.
                        The 10k of upgrading my pickaxe wasn't a waste in this game, because I never bothered to buy seeds, I had the wool farm in mind all along, but I wanted to get at least lv5 for rancher to speed up the process of animal caring, but I decided to gain farming level by raising the animals.

I wanted to see you guys trying a golden bar run, the money wasn't bad (more than 100k in spring) and I upgraded my Axe to steel as well, the only drawback of this method is that takes a lot of time, you're always "teleporting" inside of the mines and checking your chest to unload and melt golden ores, making the game pause a lot.

And I'm already on the Luau event (11ยบ of summer) and my game doesn't have rain since day 3 of spring, Gunther also don't gave me the key to the sewers and Demetrius appeared with the cave option only in the end of the month, I think that finding that dino egg broke my game :D

hyperthyme likes this.
                        • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

That's what I'm doing now. I'm just replaying day 1, looking for a good starting point. I got to thinking about my, passing out with treasure chest loot, idea. As I figure it, I've only got to do that on the 3rd. It goes in the bin on the 4th, and is in pocket on the 5th... AFTER the Joja fine (I think.) It might make chasing treasures worth it early. The difference between a perfect catch or a treasure chest is small, especially so for carp, and if you can put together a couple thousand in loot, that's a couple more spinners. As I'm figuring it, even on a good run, buying the iridium rod and enough spinners for two full days is a big ask. Also, if I'm chasing treasures, there's a good chance to pick up three or four spinners along the way anyhow.

I gotta shut up here, and go find a good day 1.

EDIT: Okay, found one. An artifact, trash salad, and two packets of seeds. Will be 2219g after the seeds sell.
                          EDIT AGAIN: First off, I'll say right up front, I'm not proud of myself or claiming any kind of achievement. But I had to push forth, for science. :D
                          I was rolling farmers and quickly exploring the map to find the file I found above. Turns out that when I properly played through the map, I didn't get up to the mountain until about 6pm and Demetrius had walked through one of my two leeks. So I edited the file, moved it over one click, and played it again. Then I got ridiculously lucky fishing, day 2, got very near level 4. Started day 3 with 6,400g. Bought 425 bait and 10 fish soup. AT 6pm, fished up a treasure chest. Passed out with it and a few other baubles in my inventory, and got them into the shipping box on the morning of the 4th. Woke up the 5th with 6,250g...

Okay, here's where the science starts... (Keeping in mind I'm not too good at science.)
                          Despite all the good luck I had early and all the fish soup, I didn't hit level 8 till 3:40pm. It's a difficult goal.
                          I arrived at Willy's at 4:40 with...
                          24 Largemouth Bass
                          30 Bullheads
                          50 Chub
                          52 Carp
                          and a Sunfish​
                          For a total of 16,139g.
                          I bought the iridium rod and 11 dressed spinners. (still had bait from day 3.) With the 6,250g from shipping, that left me with 3,896g. The shipping money only paid for 3 spinners. (and I've got two spinners in my chest from fishing treasures.)

Got back to the lake at 5:50, which is equivalent of hitting level 8 four hours behind @One More Day's original pace.

Keeping in mind I do well when I get lucky early, but I traditionally struggle keeping up with his pace in the grind...
                          Got level 8 on the 5th at 5:50pm, 4 hours behind the pace.
                          Got level 9 on the 6th at 2:10pm, just one hour off the pace.
                          Got level 10 on the 7th at 10:50pm, 2:50 ahead of the pace.

What I learned...
                          Day one doesn't have to be phenomenal and it's not worth cheating a leak just for an extra packet of seeds. Good luck fishing day 2 is much more important and actually counts toward the goal. If you can pass out with 3,000g worth of stuff on the 3rd, and get it into the shipping bin the morning of the 4th, it should put you in the ballpark for buying all the dressed spinners you're able to carry on the 5th. The most critical bottleneck is getting level 8 in time to get to Willy's by 5:00.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
                          • Ceveth

Ceveth Master Chief

Now that we have access to a way to brute-force save IDs for optimal Travel Cart stock, what is the theoretical soonest the CC could be completed? Summer 15th?
                            10 Days for Gold* Corn to unlock Greenhouse, 5 days for Fall/Winter Seeds?

Obviously the hurdles for this will be unlocking Farming 10 prior to Summer, but that's been done earlier in this thread.
                            There's also raising enough excess money for Coop/Barn as well as unlocking the Oasis.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
                            • One More Day

Summer 10 is the theoretical limit.
                              That's the earliest possible date for the gold corn to complete the quality crops bundle, with Agriculturist perk and deluxe speed gro, and they cannot be bought from the cart.

All the winter forage has the chance to appear on the cart, along with almost everything else you need, so you don't need the greenhouse for anything. The only things that the cart cannot sell are the gold crops, an aquamarine, a frozen geode, the four foraged minerals and the hay.

There's not really time to build coops or barns and have the animals mature and get friendly enough for deluxe products, so all animal items would (un)realistically have to come from the cart too. Ironically, the fastest animal item to get normally would actually be the truffle, because a pig can produce that on the first day it is mature.

It's on like Donkey Kong

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
                                hyperthyme and BentFX like this.
                              • Ceveth

Ceveth Master Chief

Ah, that's a shame. I can tell just from running the script over the last two days that getting *all* the Fall & Winter foragables & animal products is an astronomically small chance.
                                (For example I ran over 10 million IDs with a little over half those requirements.)

I think the most logical option for searching for an ID, then, is one that provides:

q(Eggplant) => -1,
                                q(Pumpkin) => -1,

Then any two out of:

q(Large Goat Milk) => -1,
                                q(Large Milk) => -1,
                                q(Wool) => -1,

prior to Summer 10 along with:

q(Apple) => -3,
                                q(Nautilus Shell) => -1,
                                q(Pomegranate) => -1,
                                q(Rabbit's Foot) => -1,
                                q(Walleye) => -1,

any time prior to Summer 15.

(Alongside the obvious Red Cabbage/Red Cabbage Seeds, then searching for a Tiger Trout from either the Cart or Krobus.)
                                This leaves you only needing to upgrade a single coop once, since ducks are needed for the Dye Bundle as well.

The script can be pulled from MouseyPounds' predictor repo in case anyone is interested in running some of the IDs as well. (There's an absolutely massive amount.)
                                https://github.com/MouseyPounds/stardew-predictor/blob/master/bruteforce.pl

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
                                  squigglyruth likes this.
                                • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Just legit tied 1:40 am. Felt real good too, for me, because there was nothing remarkable about the opening, and still tied lvl 8, the 5th @1:50 pm. Battled from behind, for the tie.

(+- from original 1:40am run)
                                  Day 1
                                  Got forage for one seed pack​
                                  Day 2
                                  Found an artifact on the way to the beach.
                                  Because I did a side trip to the museum, didn't get my bobber wet till 9:00 am.
                                  Lvl 1 - 11:40 am ( -2:20 )
                                  Lvl 2 - 5:40 pm ( - 2.30 )​
                                  Day 3
                                  Got to Willy with 4,251g.
                                  Bought the fiberglass rod, 338 bait and 4 Trout Soup
                                  Lvl 3 - 10:20 am ( about -5:00 )
                                  Lvl 4 - 3.30 pm ( -2:50 )
                                  Lvl 5 - 10:40 pm ( -2:40 )​
                                  Day 4
                                  Sold: 3 Rubies and assorted junk for 1,116g
                                  Lvl 6 - 12.30 pm ( -2:10 )
                                  Lvl 7 - 8:10 pm ( -1:00 )​
                                  Day 5
                                  Lvl 8 - 1:50 pm ( +0 )
                                  Lvl8.jpg
                                  Got to Willy's at 3:00 pm.
                                  Sold:
                                  25 Largemouth Bass
                                  39 Bullheads
                                  44 Chub
                                  42 Carp
                                  for 16,252g. - 17,368g in pocket.​
                                  Bought: Iridium Rod, 9 Dressed Spinners, 1 Trout Soup and 123 Bait (Should've got two Trout Soup and 73 bait. Or 73 bait and a plain spinner.)
                                  Back from Willy's at 4:20 pm​
                                  Day 6
                                  Lvl 9 - 2:40 pm ( -1.30 )​
                                  Day 7
                                  Lvl 10 - 1:40 am ( +0 )
                                  Lvl10.jpg

One More Day, hyperthyme and Ceveth like this.
                                  • squigglyruth

It's actually quite easy to get 4 of the 5 animal bundle items well before Summer 10: on most of my early cc run-throughs I have large white egg, large brown egg, large milk and duck egg in plenty of time for this. So a search for one of large goat milk or wool would be enough here. Given you can theoretically get the wool as a gift from Emily, and large goat milk by Summer 10 isn't out of the realms of possibility, we could even leave the animal products right out of our search and just see them as a lucky extra. I think I'll try to prove this bit practically by finding one of my saves that has the pumpkin and eggplant and playing for early greenhouse.

With farm map and fruit bats, we could try dropping the pomegranate from the search and making the apple => -2 or even -1 (with gatherer profession). However, I would keep the Tiger Trout in, because unlocking Krobus in Spring seems super-hard in combination with all the other things needed for a cc run.

Pigs take 10 days to mature :( To complete the community centre on Summer 10 you would somehow need to build the Deluxe Barn in spring!
                                    Anyone aiming for Summer 10 will also have to buy the Maki Roll recipe from the saloon, since it doesn't come up on TV until Summer 21.

hyperthyme likes this.
                                    • squigglyruth

If anyone is interested in trying an extreme early CC run, I've been running the script from Mouseypounds and have found so far two save files that could be completed on Summer 15th, by completing the greenhouse on Summer 10 and then growing autumn and winter foraging items. Both saves need the player to purchase the tiger trout from Krobus:

Good ID: 118078988
                                      Apple: 14 (5); Eggplant: 12 (1); Nautilus Shell: 14 (5); Pomegranate: 35 (1); Pumpkin: 14 (1); Rabbit's Foot: 5 (1); Walleye: 35 (1); Red Cabbage: Summer 5th; Cloth: Duck Feather: L. Goat Milk: 19 (1); Tiger Trout: Purchase from Krobus Summer 3; Truffle: Wool: 63 (1)

Good ID: 126028545
                                      Apple: 21 (5); Eggplant: 5 (1); Nautilus Shell: 12 (1); Pomegranate: 33 (1); Pumpkin: 12 (1); Rabbit's Foot: 35 (1); Walleye: 33 (1); Red Cabbage: Spring 5th; Cloth: Duck Feather: L. Goat Milk: Tiger Trout: Purchase from Krobus Spring 24; Truffle: 14 (1) Wool:

I tried for an early Krobus unlock on a different save file, and it is very hard to complete 60 items in the museum by spring 23 whilst also doing all the other necessary things like getting to farming level 10 for agriculturalist by the end of spring. I think that makes the first of these two save files the most likely to work out. I'm going to give it a go and see...

One More Day likes this.
                                      • One More Day

The mines schedule in spring in the first one looks very sexy too; there are no slime floors, you'll probably avoid most of the worst monster floors, just staircase them anyway, and you have your choice of mushroom floors to farm too. You should probably be farming mushrooms well inside the first fortnight, for all your monetary needs. You even have a prismatic shard in omni geode 30, which you can turn into your galaxy sword when you buy the DSG from Sandy on Spring 18, and that'll make the rest of the mushroom farming an absolute doddle.

Also, just buy the yam on Spring 26; trying to get one from a duggy is hard work, only a very small chance, so save yourself the time and effort, otherwise you could easily lose a lot of time trying to find and kill dozens of them without getting one

Actually, I'd also just buy the ghostfish on Summer 14, otherwise you could easily waste a day catching 20 or 30 trash items in a row before catching it in the mines

The corn and the blueberry would be harvested on Summer 10. You then need to donate them, which means that the greenhouse won't actually be repaired and available to use until Summer 11. Five days after that, for growing the forage seeds with DSG, is Summer 16.

If you're willing to forego another day on top of that and not bother with Agriculturist at all, I think you've got a much better shot of doing it by Summer 17 because of all the time you save in spring to do other things like barns, coops and mines. Or if you do go for Farming 10, go for Coopmaster to help with that duck feather.

The only really tricky bit is opening up the sewers. You should be able to use the geode predictor to negotiate them and maximise your "winnings" from whatever geodes you do find though. It might even be worth getting the iridium rod, to attach treasure hunter tackle in an attempt to get artifacts, and more geodes of course.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
                                          squigglyruth likes this.
                                        • squigglyruth

Surely the forage seeds only take 4 days with DSG and agriculturist? (Or do they not count as crops?)

It's definitely much easier if you don't have to hit farming 10 in spring, especially on a save like this with good mushrooms. There are also lots of other save IDs that can finish in Summer week 3. 110226302 is a good example, since it has the duck feather, large goat milk and cloth available on the cart. Completion date is Summer 19. Or 102148953 can be completed by 17th and comes with both duck products so no need to go beyond a normal coop.

I agree the geode predictor is a godsend for this. Coupled with the stardew valley helper artifact finder, it should be quite possible to unlock in time to buy the tiger trout. *Fingers crossed.*

I'm heading in...