1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Mill Not Producing

Discussion in 'Support' started by themusingpen, Apr 25, 2017.

1. themusingpen

themusingpen Space Hobo

Hi all!

I searched for this issue and couldn't seem to find anything like this. I had the mill built about a month ago and it is still not producing anything. I put one Wheat in the chest on the side, still not getting flour. I put a whole stack of Wheat, not getting anything. I put several stacks of wheat and it's still not working. I haven't tried it with beets yet.

I also tried moving the structure to see if that would help, but nothing happened.

If you need logs or something please provide me with instructions. I really would like to know what's going on. Also, I've been having this problem before the latest patch (4/25/2017) came out.

• Iloh

Iloh Void-Bound Voyager

I always just hold the wheat / beets in my hand and right click on the front of the mill. (Not the chest) and the next morning there is stuff INSIDE the chest (sugar / wheat flour). :D
      Not sure if you figured that out yet or not but thought I'd help cause I did the same thing at first too. :]

Attached Files:

• Tiara Di Luna

Tiara Di Luna Intergalactic Tourist

But is that way of producing intended or is it buggy? :D
        I have the same problem, but I will have a try later. Thank you!

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

That is the intended way a mill works. You feed the grain/etc into the mill itself and the milled product runs out the chute on the side. (Where if it was the real world, you'd have to bag it yourself! Thank goodness for magic bagging of flour and sugar!)

http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Mill

As the wiki describes, the little bin on the right is for storing the finished product, not feeding grain into the hopper.

• Tiara Di Luna

Tiara Di Luna Intergalactic Tourist

Ah, okay. Thank you. It seems that I misunderstood :)
            I'm glad that it is not a bug.