1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

1. cankersaur

cankersaur Big Damn Hero

Would anyone be willing to make the fishing mod here CP-compatible?

I have some trouble with motor skills (Cerebral Palsy, ironically(?)) and fishing is really hard for me, even with the mod someone earlier in the thread so kindly converted (thank you for that, by the way!).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    • Sorrelfur

Sorrelfur Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for another stupid question but how do I like open the thing to add furniture? I understand a bit how to do the written stuff with the dimensions but I'm not sure how to add the furniture.

Do I need to get the images of the furniture and put it in there to do it?

• Moragaine

Moragaine Pangalactic Porcupine

Like the Example CF mod, you'll have a folder with a manifest.json, (mod name).json and the .png of the furniture you want to add. For the stuff you're wanting, you'd have to copy the items off of the original tilesheets and make a new one for your CF mod(keeping everything in 16x16 pixel blocks). You can take a look at other CF mods on Nexus to see how they do it: Eemie's Classy Furniture and Kid's Furniture (they both use the new CF format). Once you have your mod, you'll just put it in the Mods folder. And don't be afraid to make mistakes, learning by doing is a tradition in SdV modding.

• Fox420

Fox420 Big Damn Hero

Well I got my mods finished, but need help making the config files for CP so that people don't have to do an xnb replacement. If someone who has time can help me, I'll put you in the credits on my Nexus mod page. And if anyone has any suggestions for extra stuff I can fit in, I'd be happy to add something for you. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1973?tab=files

• Kattasrophe

Kattasrophe Intergalactic Tourist

Hi! I was wondering if theres any way to make the CF Mod for multiplayer? there is many mods for furniture that I love, but I play with others so I can not use them. If anyone has an idea it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

• EnigmaticRose

EnigmaticRose Space Hobo

• coldazrael

coldazrael Void-Bound Voyager

@Fox420
              Check your inbox.

I'd be holding your request for now, because I don't have a good knowledge in colours :rofl:
              Or perhaps if you're able to pack all those files from the thread to one, and name each objects based on the description?

--------------------------
              @Silver99 @InnoClarke

Yellow Dirt Removal
              Shining Minerals and Gems
              ConfigSchema :
              EnableMod : true, false

--------------------------
              Italicised words are the default value of the config(s).

PS : the conversion is not tested.

Attached Files:

• coldazrael

Attached Files:

• Sorrelfur

Thanks for the information! I think I might try messing around with it today but how can I keep every line up perfectly on a picture? In the picture he shows it's got really nice clean lines and boxes and numbers

• Moragaine

@Sorrelfur The Example picture has the lines enhanced so they illustrate what he's showing more clearly. Those are the 16x16 blocks of pixels I mentioned, but you won't see them that clearly on your tilesheet. However, your graphics program will tell you what pixel you're on when you hover your cursor over it; and it will tell you how many pixels(x by y) you're trying to pick up. All tilesheets start in the upper left-hand corner, at zero.

• cankersaur

cankersaur Big Damn Hero

I edited this to make a no-effort fishing mod because my motor skills suck. I hope that's okay. I wanted to share it in case anyone else needs something like that. Please let me know if you'd like me to remove it. Thanks for all your hard work on this stuff.

Attached Files:

• Sorrelfur

I've seen some people talk about you have to put them directly into the mods folder and not into the furniture thing that the mod comes with is that right?

• Moragaine

@Sorrelfur Yes, exactly. The most recent update did away with the old Custom Furniture pack that were put in an inner folder, CF just used it's version of content packs. The old furniture is usually pretty easy to convert to the new style.

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Zero Gravity Genie

Worked perfectly! Thanks so much

• Alcachofi

Alcachofi Space Spelunker

I downloaded this quite a while ago, but can't seem to get it to work?
                            Also, yes, I do know I have to edit the config JSON file, but SMAPI keeps telling me the value is invalid, and thus the cps won't load.

Please help?

• coldazrael

• Fox420

Fox420 Big Damn Hero

One really useful mod to be fixed would be the Extended Fridge mod. The chests one to add as storage for the fridge is okay, but lags the game.

• Alcachofi

Alcachofi Space Spelunker

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Zero Gravity Genie

On the link I posted, I'm using the version replacing gravel paths:
                                gravel.png

The color part of my request was to match the tones of this mod:
                                (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2050)

eemies.png

To be able to put down grass in the form of flooring is great, however it looks a bit shocking, as you can see in this fall capture:

grass difference.png

However, if it's complicated, the original version just being CP would be awesome.

Thanks!!

• coldazrael

@Hakuna Matata
                                  your inbox. :kitten2:
                                  no problem. :up: