1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

1. sapphirejay

sapphirejay Yeah, You!

Ahhhhh thank you so much!!!! I appreciate you so much!

• forkish5213

forkish5213 Tentacle Wrangler

right. there are the two strange animations I've encountered so far.:kitten2:

Attached Files:

• minervamaga

minervamaga Void-Bound Voyager

Nightmare's Raptors
        Config: "GreenRaptor, BrownRaptor", defaults to green.

Note that the hats don't fit the raptors properly due to their increased height. If anyone has time to mess with the sprites, I'd be happy to upload another version.

Attached Files:

• coldazrael

coldazrael Void-Bound Voyager

Might not be the animation that you expected, but this is the best I can do.
          upload_2019-2-1_23-21-39.png

Simply replace the texts of content.json from the previous CP conversion with this one : https://pastebin.com/4HqHVRKi

• forkish5213

forkish5213 Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you so much! These look amazing.:DD

• Fennn

Fennn Orbital Explorer

• minervamaga

I can work on the seasonal stable for you :)

EDIT: Here ya go! F-SV's White Stable for Content Patcher, seasonal conditions intact. Also has a config for the winter stable version, accepts values of "Heat" and "NoHeat". I did not test it yet (gotta get to bed for work) so please let me know if you find any errors.

As always, if OP wants this conversion taken down, please just let me know. Likewise, if you want to take it to use for an official update, you are welcome to do so!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
              • nnyeon

nnyeon Void-Bound Voyager

• minervamaga

blouwho? likes this.
              • Tofinuelle

Tofinuelle Void-Bound Voyager

I see, thanks anyway. But could you kindly convert it to cp?

• Moragaine

Moragaine Big Damn Hero

@Tofinuelle Here's your conversion of 2cute Farmhouse. I fixed the beds, removed the hardcoded fireplaces(since those were changed, too) and fixed some other odds&ends.

Attached Files:

• cerrule

cerrule Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, y'all, I'm trying to convert the Druid Linus mod to Content Patcher. For some reason, all the changes to his portrait are working, but nothing for his character sprite is going through. Can someone take a look at this and try to figure out what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Should work now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
                    • Moragaine

Moragaine Big Damn Hero

@cerrule I installed it and it's working fine for me; portraits and character sprites are showing up as they should. Is it possible that you have another mod installed that is interfering with this one?

• Tofinuelle

Tofinuelle Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much! I'll try it out after work :)

• Faixit

Faixit Space Hobo

Allayna, this is probably really late and maybe already addressed, but the Kitty Scarecrows content.json file has extraneous curly brackets that caused an error during preloading:

{
                          "Action": "EditImage",
                          "Target": "TileSheets/Craftables.xnb",
                          "FromFile": "assets/kitty.png",
                          "FromArea": { "X": 0, "Y": 32, "Width": 16, "Height": 32 },
                          "ToArea": {"X": 0, "Y": 32, "Width": 16, "Height": 32 },
                          } // <-
                          },
                          {
                          "Action": "EditImage",
                          "Target": "TileSheets/Craftables.xnb",
                          "FromFile": "assets/kitty.png",
                          "FromArea": { "X": 96, "Y": 416, "Width": 16, "Height": 32 },
                          "ToArea": {"X": 96, "Y": 416, "Width": 16, "Height": 32 },
                          } // <-
                          },

I removed those and believe the preloading should proceed without incident. Thanks for all your work!!

Attached Files:

• michiie

michiie Seal Broken

hi! could you help me please? i can't find these furniture https://imgur.com/a/MKUCAbr ;_; i did everything right, and I can't find them to buy and I don't even know the name

• coldazrael

coldazrael Void-Bound Voyager

Some of the furniture are originally set 'transforming when rotated'. It's quite confusing but that's all you gotta do : rotating the furniture to transform it.

michiie likes this.
                              • StarVeritas

StarVeritas Intergalactic Tourist

Hello. If it is not too much to ask, could either of these two mods be converted? I tried to look into how to make content packs myself but ultimately can't figure it out. If the first one is kindly converted, I intend to use it alongside a CP version Invatorzen's Dialogue Changes For Adarin's Girl Mod unless that wouldn't work as well as I think it would.

Female Shane Dialogue Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3030?tab=description
                                Female Bachelors Dialogue Overhaul: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3042/?tab=description

• Katastrof

Katastrof Void-Bound Voyager

[CP] Unofficial Sam - New Hair and Jacket - original is here
                                  [CP] Unofficial Sam - New Hair and Jacket with Goatee - original is here

OP may post files as their own.

Attached Files:

• mothxhunter

mothxhunter Orbital Explorer

Ok so I've looked over 94 pages for this mod: Fluffy Dogs & Other Alternative Dog Sprites. And the only version I found was this one which is linked at the wiki and only has two versions, the shiba and the pomeranian. @paradigmnomad did converted all of the dogs into a config but her link is down, whenever I click it, it appears the 404 error. So I was wondering if someone could make those into CP for me, I would've done it myself but I don't know anything about coding. The only version I need is the fluffy white one, but if you could make it into a config where I could choose would be so freaking awesome. Sorry if I mispeled some words... but please don't ignore me as in the past 'cause this is the only mod missing :c

limeplupo likes this.