Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lexxyraptor

lexxyraptor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Poked Entoarox directly about the furnitures, he said he'd work on an update when the BETA officially ends.
    thanks for the clothes. :eek:

one last request,
    anyone capable of putting these in a hat mod?
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/612

The OP has already put up the PNG files I just have no clue how to edit the manifest correctly to make it work properly apparently.
    *womp womp
    :C

• breatemata

breatemata Subatomic Cosmonaut

sorry i dont understand, i did not talk about furniture, i thought you were talking about clothes for cp or did you mean custom shirts?

• lexxyraptor

lexxyraptor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

haha dont mind me, I was replying to another post earlier in the thread and it didnt reply properly. ; _ ;

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

You can test this. Worked for me but you never know :)

edit: I'm adding the Witch Hat File @lexxyraptor if you want to test that as well :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
            lexxyraptor likes this.
          • khahentai

khahentai Space Hobo

Has the yandere jas mod been updated to 1.3 also is there any mods for marrying robin/caronline/jodi?

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

Not sure about mods for marrying Robin/Caroline/Jodi but I'm almost positive the Yandere Jas mod has been out of commission for a while. Don't believe there are any plans for a 1.3 update unless someone feels like doing it unofficially. Here is the link for mod compatibility for 1.3 https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:SMAPI_compatibility

• kallisto

kallisto Void-Bound Voyager

can someone make a cp version of the dark chocolate town interior inner walls from shardie's overhaul?

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

@Moragaine
                  I hate to ping you for something that you posted way back but with the add-on bathroom and cellar mod. I'm using Eemie's classy interior recolor since it matches but I keep seeing these two corner pieces that don't match. I have been through all of the eemie files and I have been through all the files in the mod and I cannot for the life of me figure out why those two don't match or where their textures are so i can change them. Have any advice?
                  edit: if anyone else has a suggestion? I'll take it. lol Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 1.17.12 PM.png

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

I believe those pieces are actually in the towninterior tilesheet. I'll take a look at things and see what I can figure out.

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

I appreciate it so much. I'm just at my wits end with it because I have no idea where it pulls the textures from. I've double checked the towninterior like 4 times and I still can't figure out where exactly it's pulling it from. If you figure it out, let me know :)

• farmerjack

farmerjack Void-Bound Voyager

@Mukamii I had a similar problem when I tried to manually retexture the bathhouse hot springs mod to match Toned Down Stardew. I can’t check myself right now as I’m at work, but check out the bathhouse tilesheets

• Moragaine

They are tiles 1402 and 1405 on the indoor tilesheet and didn't get retouched for Eemie's recolor; they are not normally used in the farmhouse.

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

Are we talking about the towninterior tilesheet? Perhaps my eyes are overlooking it but I think I retouched everything in it. Yet it still shows the same, unless I need to edit something in the content.json file? I've uploaded the png for the town interior so you can take a look. Am I just dumb? I'm so new to this so I apologize if I have any dumb issues.
                            townInterior.png

• Moragaine

Oops! Yes, it's towninterior tilesheet, not indoor, sorry! I believe that normally they are used in the Community Center. But those bits were also used by the original author of the basement mod. On the tilesheet, they're down by the Community Center fireplace.

Edit: Not sure why he used those 2 odd tiles. The ones that go with the farm house work just as well and color when I use Eemie's recolor. If/when I update the mod again, I will use the correct pieces - it's a very simple fix in a map editor.

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

Then I'm going to assume something in the content file has to be changed because I know I touched those up and yet it's still not reflecting that in game. I appreciate all the help. I'm not used to .json files so... I'm not too sure if something needs to be adjusted or not.
                                Code:
                                {
                                  "Format": "1.3",
                                  "Changes": [

// Kitchen

{
                                          "Action": "EditImage",
                                          "Target": "farmhouse_tiles",
                                          "FromFile": "assets/kitchen.png",
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 80, "Y": 192, "Width": 16, "Height": 48 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 80, "Y": 192, "Width": 16, "Height": 48 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 0, "Y": 240, "Width": 73, "Height": 48 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 0, "Y": 240, "Width": 73, "Height": 48 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 48, "Y": 112, "Width": 16, "Height": 80 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 48, "Y": 112, "Width": 16, "Height": 80 }
                                       },

// Floors
                                       {
                                          "Target": "walls_and_floors",
                                          "FromFile": "assets/walls_and_floors.png",
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 96, "Y": 432, "Width": 96, "Height": 32 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 96, "Y": 432, "Width": 96, "Height": 32 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 192, "Y": 400, "Width": 32, "Height": 32 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 192, "Y": 400, "Width": 32, "Height": 32 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 64, "Y": 400, "Width": 32, "Height": 32 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 64, "Y": 400, "Width": 32, "Height": 32 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 224, "Y": 368, "Width": 32, "Height": 32 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 224, "Y": 368, "Width": 32, "Height": 32 }
                                       },

//Walls
                                       {
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 160, "Y": 240, "Width": 80, "Height": 45 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 160, "Y": 240, "Width": 80, "Height": 45 }
                                       },

//Town Interior
                                       {
                                          "Target": "townInterior",
                                          "FromFile": "assets/townInterior.png",
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 128, "Y": 1056, "Width": 32, "Height": 32 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 128, "Y": 1056, "Width": 32, "Height": 32 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 192, "Y": 1056, "Width": 48, "Height": 32 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 192, "Y": 1056, "Width": 48, "Height": 32 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 176, "Y": 1056, "Width": 16, "Height": 16 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 176, "Y": 1056, "Width": 16, "Height": 16 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 304, "Y": 0, "Width": 16, "Height": 16 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 304, "Y": 0, "Width": 16, "Height": 16 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 240, "Y": 0, "Width": 32, "Height": 16 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 240, "Y": 0, "Width": 32, "Height": 16 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 112, "Y": 0, "Width": 16, "Height": 16 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 112, "Y": 0, "Width": 16, "Height": 16 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 144, "Y": 16, "Width": 16, "Height": 16 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 144, "Y": 16, "Width": 16, "Height": 16 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 176, "Y": 16, "Width": 16, "Height": 16 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 176, "Y": 16, "Width": 16, "Height": 16 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 144, "Y": 0, "Width": 48, "Height": 16 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 144, "Y": 0, "Width": 48, "Height": 16 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 0, "Y": 96, "Width": 96, "Height": 16 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 0, "Y": 96, "Width": 96, "Height": 16 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 0, "Y": 80, "Width": 128, "Height": 16 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 0, "Y": 80, "Width": 128, "Height": 16 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 64, "Y": 16, "Width": 16, "Height": 64 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 64, "Y": 16, "Width": 16, "Height": 64 }
                                       },

{
                                          "FromArea": { "X": 0, "Y": 0, "Width": 64, "Height": 80 },
                                          "ToArea": { "X": 0, "Y": 0, "Width": 64, "Height": 80 }
                                       },
                                    ]
                                }
                                Should I be modifying anything?

• Moragaine

Sorry, didn't see your reply! If you use a map editor - Tiled or tIDE - it's a very simple fix. There are matching tiles in the farmhouse part of the towninterior tilesheet that can replace the 2 strays. It took me less time to fix that way than scanning the tilesheet for what was used originally.

Edit: tIDE keeps confusing me by how it re-names the tilesheets it's using.. =E

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

Alright. I'll give it a shot and see what I come up with. Thank you for the help <3 :)

edit: @Moragaine, Thank you so so much for the help. I finally figured it out and just replaced the tiles and now it looks perfect. I appreciate it! <3

• Kionea

Kionea Void-Bound Voyager

Can this be used to load music mods? I made one and someone asked if it could be ported to content patcher.

• crans4me

crans4me Void-Bound Voyager

Hi I think I should learn this from the great modders here.
                                        I'm using Get Dress (still in SDV 1.2), and recently I want to test combining several shirt mods into 1png then load it with content patcher. Issue is I can't load them all (my file combining around 300 shirts and the mod loads only 144). Is there the limit amount of shirt in SDV coding/Get Dress or I'm I doing something wrong here? Much appreciate if someone can help with this ^^
                                        I attach the file I played with. Thank you,
                                        Edit: I don't intend to use this to publish as general rule, I'm just playing with the mods and learning things ^^

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
                                        • Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

My mods load 160. So 144 isn't the limit. I had a similar problem with hair though. The most I could get the Kisekae mod for 1.3 to load was 104 hairs, I still don't know if that's just the limit or what. But I'd say that 144 isn't a limit.

crans4me likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.