Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MamaSheepy

MamaSheepy Void-Bound Voyager

Th
    Thank you so much for this conversion! I have been wanting to update my greenhouse again but when it originally died, i wasn't sure how to fix it.

Moragaine likes this.
    • hugbeam

hugbeam Void-Bound Voyager

• deedeorc

deedeorc Seal Broken

Whaaahh those portraits and character retextures! :catsparkle: too bad I have no naver acc, it's hard to create one :catcry:

Ombeliane and blouwho? like this.
      • Karrie

Karrie Void-Bound Voyager

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Since Arkanto's conversion contains only the "Default" color theme and not the 4 variants that Endohare had created, please allow me to present a more up-to-date CP Edition of the Seasonal Gold Clock that includes all 4 theme variants -- see attached file.

EDIT: I have made some changes: (1) This mod is now forward-compatible with CP 1.7; (2) I have changed the folder name to follow the convention for CP mods (i.e., UpperCamelCaseWithNoSpaces). So, if you redownload this, remember to move over your config.json from the older folder, and then delete the older folder.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2019
          MeadowMania and Medicell like this.
        • pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

I noticed that internally, the CP version of "Character Portrait Overhauls Mod" require some copy-paste overwrite of files inside the mod's directory, rather than using the config.json "token placeholder".

So, I have taken the liberty of repacking the "[CP] Character Portrait Overhauls" mod into an "integrated" version where no copy-paste file overwrite needs to happen... just set some options in config.json and you're good to go.

In addition, I've also made each and every picture replacement to be skippable, just in case you prefer the vanilla game's portrait instead of the mod's; just specify vanilla instead of default.

Edit: I have made some changes: (1) This mod is now forward-compatible with CP 1.7; (2) The folder name for the mod now follows the convention of CP mods (i.e., UpperCamelCaseWithNoSpaces) -- so, if you redownload this mod, remember to delete the old folder (don't forget to copy over your config.json)

Attached Files:

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Please try attached "[CP] Piano" mod I've just whupped up from that one.

Inform me if there's any quirks/glitches, because I don't use the original's .xnb file outright, rather I extracted only the portion containing the piano texture (to reduce total size of the mod).

Edit: This mod should be compatible with CP 1.7 as well; I don't see any issues that can cause problems.

Attached Files:

• jessicahuttunen

jessicahuttunen Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!
              I'm new to modding, but I was trying to create a CP version of the Velverette's Anime Portrait and Spire Mod,
              Here is my content.json for Lewis: (I haven't tried anyone else yet, this is the first villager that I was working on.)

[​IMG]

According to my SmapiModdingApi, it's correct and works, but the portrait isn't showing.
              Does anyone know what I should do?

EDIT: My English is kinda bad, sorry about that.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
              • pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

It might be overwritten by other mod. If you disable all other mods, will the portrait show?

• jessicahuttunen

⬆ Nope, still not working. I think that Velverette's portraits might have some wrong pixel sizes since the xnb version of the mod isn't working either. I'm not entirely sure though.

EDIT: Yeah, I tested it out with a different portrait and it's working now. This means that Velverette's Lewis portrait isn't working because of the pixel art, maybe?

Last edited: May 8, 2019
                  • pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Hmmm... interesting. Let me check that out. Which version are you converting?

EDIT 1: I tested the "Vanilla Colors" version, it loads okay.

• jessicahuttunen

⬆ I was trying to convert "Vanilla Colors", I have no idea why it doesn't work on my computer. I wanted to do the "Alternate Colors" as well. I'll double check my mods and game, maybe there is something wrong. In the meantime would you covert them, because I can't seem to do it.

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Okay, I can do that.

Seeing that the .xnb files seem to contain only PNG images, I think I'll do the lazy thing and not unpack them all... I'll just tell "EditImage" to do the unpacking and replacing :D

• jessicahuttunen

Thanks a lot for helping me out! There was actually a mod which overrides the portraits (I was editing my earlier post about it), but I couldn't find that mod. I'll keep looking for it. Sorry for the confusion because now my request isn't visible. :oops:

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

@jessicahuttunen here we go, the CP version for Velverette's Anime Portrait and Sprite Mod.

Each and every NPC are individually selectable, check content.json for possible values. Set any NPC to "false" and the mod won't replace the portrait/sprite for those NPCs.

In addition, Maru & Harvey got additional options of "*_Glasses"; setting these options to "false" should pickup the "_noglasses" variants of the two.

(I have to confess that due to the number of options, I didn't check them all... NPC variants starting with "alt" are not checked, and neither have I checked the "No Glasses" variants of Harvey & Maru. If there are any quirks/glitches, please let me know.)

URGENT EDIT: Please do not use this mod with CP 1.7, yet. Its content.json must be modified due to changes implemented in 1.7, and I can't edit it myself until about 12 hours from now.

EDIT 2: I have implemented the changes which will ensure forward compatibility with CP 1.7.

Attached Files:

• jessicahuttunen

Thanks a lot, @pepoluan, I truly appreciate your help!

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

You're welcome! I've just updated the mod. There should be no change whatsoever in its behavior. But, as I stated before, please inform me if you encounter quirks/glitches.

• HeyItsDuke

HeyItsDuke Void-Bound Voyager

Here's an unofficial conversion of randomanon's Flo NPC. It was for a really really really old version of SMAPI (pre Custom NPC's) and I thought it deserved to be playable in newer versions of the game. Everything works, he attends the festivals and stands in the same spots as he did in the original mod. All his dialogue is intact, his likes, loves, hates, heart event, everything. This requires Content Patcher and TMX Loader (Needs TMX Loader to load him into festivals.) and is for Stardew Valley 1.3
                                  Please report any bugs in PM if there are any so I can fix them without hijacking the thread.

Attached Files:

• Bondzgurl

Bondzgurl Intergalactic Tourist

Hi all!

I consider myself super computer illiterate when it comes to mods and gaming in general. Would anyone be willing to help me figure out how to convert this mod so I can use it? I want to learn how to do this myself, for sure, but definitely need some more hands on help! TIA

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1156

I did send a message to the creator, and will make sure to update here if they make the changes themselves :)

Last edited: May 11, 2019
                                    Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.