1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Migrating to Dedicated Server | Losing Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Throbbin_Rocking_Rod, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Throbbin_Rocking_Rod

Throbbin_Rocking_Rod Orbital Explorer

I will be moving and the computer I've been using to host the Starbound server will be going offline for a few weeks. Instead of not playing starbound, I decided to pickup a dedicated server on Game Servers for a month. I was able to move everything over from the Universe folder, but everyone who I've been playing with lost their bookmarks. I checked the universe.dat file and they are identical. When we switch back to my server, all the bookmarks are still there. How do I get the teleporter and ship bookmarks transferred to the serve? We are purists and have been running on a vanilla server.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Thats odd. Normally the bookmarks are all identified by the servers universe id stored in the universe.dat file. The bookmarks themself are all stored inside the player files clientside.
    So when you move the entire universe folder to another server it should work.

3. Throbbin_Rocking_Rod

Throbbin_Rocking_Rod Orbital Explorer

It seems like the issue was server related and not caused by Starbound. However, I am unable to completely rule out the Starbound standalone server program.

To get this issue fixed, I had GameServers do a clean wipe and install and my Starbound server. From there I took the following steps:

1) Uploaded universe folder over FTP to GameServers.
    2) I checked the universe.dat file and there sizes didn’t match.
    3) Uploaded universe.dat a second time and it matched.
    4) Fired up Starbound and joined the server, bookmarks still not working.
    5) Restarted the server and logged back in with Starbound. Bookmarks working correctly.