1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error on startup

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by vendas, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vendas

vendas Space Hobo

Hello forum,

My friend just bought Starbound through Steam. When he tries to start it up it says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

He has already tried to reinstall the program but that didn't solve the problem.

can anyone help?

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/49/1386194511-sans-titre.png

2. Rex Chestington

Rex Chestington Star Wrangler

I have the same problem. I played the game for some time but when I saved the last time using the "Save and Quit" button, the game crashed with the C++ Runtime library. I haven't been able to load my character since. Maybe it was saved at a certain place causing the game to crash, because when I created a new character the problem didn't occur.

Greetz,

- Rex

3. vendas

vendas Space Hobo

bump?

4. Dakota S.V.

Dakota S.V. Aquatic Astronaut

same here, randomly in game, about...15-20 min after i start i get that error. the window that appears mass spams itself 4 times.... anyone working on a fix for this?

5. senrimer

senrimer Space Hobo

Hi, i just bought the game and i got this excat problem, and it also spam itself like 4-5 times.

6. yvestitan

yvestitan Space Hobo

Same problem

7. gatoman101

gatoman101 Space Hobo

I started getting the same problem today. Yesterday and Monday the game worked fine for hours but now 15-30 minutes in it closes with the same error you described. It also made my stack of 33 iron duplicate which was cool though

8. Sezebi

Sezebi Void-Bound Voyager

Just got the same error about 33 minutes into the game. V. Indignant Koala. Played the game for hours on end with the other two versions no problem.

9. BatBot1

BatBot1 Space Hobo

same problem

10. Ivar dark

Ivar dark Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have the exact same problem. Ever since I bought the game.

11. BatBot1

BatBot1 Space Hobo

I see this problem described more December 8, why not who is not engaged?

12. MonkeyFacer

MonkeyFacer Yeah, You!

I just bought the game, and 4 hours of intensive gaming later I crashed an got this everytime I click on the "Launch Strabound" while on the Laucher. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO MEH !

13. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

I'm glad the posters here have provided details that will aid in troubleshooting, such as all the relevant errors, a starbound.log, or even just system specs, rather than simply saying "It doesn't work."

14. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667

You guys tried updating C++ libraries?? May help.. (Never personally experienced this one..)

Also, unrelated to your problems, probably wouldn't hurt to run DXSETUP located in SteamApps/Common/Starbound?_CommonRedist/DirectX/June2010 as well.. (Its a directX setup apparently recommended for Starbound..)

15. RvLesh

The reported error in this thread is the generic 'A thing happened' message that comes after the actual errorS.

16. The Alien Way

Ah.. Then attempting the two fixes I suggested are probably a terrible idea then.. Message I see after the errorS is to please contact the applications support team, who will probably (as a first and mundane early step) suggest trying to reinstall/repair C++ libraries..

Also, instead of "I'm glad the posters here have provided details that will aid in troubleshooting, such as all the relevant errors, a starbound.log, or even just system specs, rather than simply saying "It doesn't work.", something like "Could you guys provide more information regarding your system specs and logs? Its much more helpful to the devs that way." sounds a lot less trollish :)

Rude/inflammatory help isn't exactly help..

JaiGuru likes this.
  17. RvLesh

Except the stickied posts explain exactly what info should be provided and in what manner.

18. The Alien Way

Just like some other stickied posts say to be kind and courteous to your fellow forum-goers under all circumstances, as well.. Sometimes the stickied wisdom just isn't respected :wut:

JaiGuru likes this.
  19. MonkeyFacer

MonkeyFacer Yeah, You!

Updated my DirectX ! It work now.

VIELFICKER likes this.
  20. Spellwright

Spellwright Space Hobo

I had to go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\win32 and went to starbound.exe, starbound_gl.exe, starbound_server.exe and right click them and go to "Properties" -> "Compatibility" then select "Run this program as an administrator". Hope this works for all of you as it did for me. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.