Microphone Support

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Zailiner, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Will there be microphone support in game? It's always a pain to get everyone to use another 3rd party program
    in order to communicate via microphones.

Sorry if a thread like this has been posted before or there is information on this in another thread, but I tried searching for information on this with no result.

2. I think I remember one of the developers saying that they couldn't possibly make a voice chat in-game that would be better than any third-party program, thus wouldn't put a lot of focus on such a thing.

Zailiner likes this.
  3. choaseagle

choaseagle Sandwich Man

damn, a actual decent questions, which hasnt been asked 100 times already nor is it completely irrelevant.
    I don't believe it will ever have voice support, just due to how much they focus on gameplay. although tiy is trying to keep the process usage and other specs of the game as LOW AS POSSIBLE, so using 3rd party stuff might not be a complete nightmare.... although that is yet to be seen obviously.

4. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Well if it is on steam you can chat through that. Though it would be cool to have a ingame Voip system that could be affected by various situations. But logically a simple chat thing isnt nwcessary simce alternatives are available.