1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Meteors spawn inside structures?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Specter Terrasbane, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Specter Terrasbane

Specter Terrasbane Void-Bound Voyager

Version 1.0.5 (vanilla), Win10Pro, 64 bit.

(Apparently, from reading on reddit, this is something that happened in beta as well, but I would still consider it a bug ...)

I built a colony on a moon, and after getting tired of meteors busting it up, went to the final story mission, and mined a bunch of the brain-blocks (takes forever, but do-able as long as it's not the blocks directly surrounding the final boss).

I layered these outside my colony, and they definitely protected against meteors ... as long as I was on-screen.

If I go down in the basement of my building, so that the ceiling is about one screen-height off the top of the screen, and a meteor swarm hits ... I usually come back upstairs to find that I've lost chunks out of my (lunar base block) ceiling and the upper parts of the walls.

At first I thought that my brain-layer wasn't thick enough ... but after expanding it to have three buffered layers (i.e. 1 brain, 5 empty space, 1 brain, 5 empty space, 4 brain, inner wall) ... there's no way a meteor explosion carries for 16 blocks. :/

BrainMeteorDamage.png

Meteors must be spawning *inside* my structure, to be causing this damage.

Perhaps a check could be made to ensure that they don't spawn in anywhere that a placed background block exists?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Try adding backgroundblocks behind and between the layers. This should stop spawning them too close.
    Or use a mod *insert shameless self promotion here >v<*

~ Iris ~

3. nil338

nil338 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How did you get the lunar base blocks (I thought you could only find them in the Erchius Mining Facility which is unbreakable)?