Modding Help Messed up while replacing files, whoops

Discussion in 'Mods' started by jhunichi, Nov 17, 2017.

1. jhunichi

jhunichi Void-Bound Voyager

This is an excellent first post to make, haha. So I've been (mostly) good about backing up all of the game files before replacing them with modded ones, and of course the one snag I run into is one of the times I forgot to make backups. I'm not sure if it's a glitch with the Get Dressed mod or if I messed something up with one of the xnb files (I was trying to mod some of my own shirts and moved a couple others around because I like to keep things organized and keep similar things in groups instead of scattered around haphazardly).

I've noticed my farmer acts a little odd, such as sometimes her waist disappears while walking or performing an action with a small shirt on (only if I'm not running SMAPI, if I'm running it then it just shows her waist), as well as the fact her hair shifts up one pixel while her head doesn't move while also performing an action (like shearing, for example). I think the farmer base is supposed to move or shift up a little bit while doing certain things but instead mine remains the same and the clothes/hair moves around the base and just looks really awkward. There's also a lot of black pixels in some of the shirts when I'm pretty sure there's not supposed to be any black on them there.

I'm not sure if any of this is because of one of the files from one of the mods I got that added to Get Dressed (I found one for more hairstyles, one for more shirts and one for more skirts/bottoms) or because I messed up while trying to mod some myself or move things around, but I'd really appreciate if anyone could give any advice (as well as clean backups to the farmer bases, hairstyles, and shirts xnb's if anyone has them).

Examples in case anyone wants to see what I'm rambling about:

[​IMG]
    Example of hair + shorts moving while base remains the same

[​IMG]
    Example of hair again + missing waist + black splotches on shirt

In any case thanks for reading! I feel so dumb for messing up something that should've been relatively simple, but that's what I get for not backing up everything. |D

Edit: I forgot to mention after all these things started glitching with my farmer, I went back and downloaded and installed the original Get Dressed mod but the same things are happening, so I'm pretty sure it's something I did somewhere along the line >_>

Edit 2: I got clean default files from a friend and have dropped those back into the game files, but I've noticed that the hair still shifts up one pixel when using certain tools (like shears) and I can't for the life of me remember if this is an actual thing in the game or if it's still messed up a little somehow. I'm going to assume it's part of the game because I replaced the borked modded files with clean default ones and it's still happening, and just declare my memory not that great, haha. I'm also going to assume I messed up the shirts and stuff myself because of reorganizing things without editing the yaml file to go along with it, which I don't know how to do. Whoops!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017