1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Messed up my game somehow...need help

Discussion in 'Support' started by colzn, Feb 15, 2018.

1. colzn

colzn Space Hobo

Hey all.

So, I saw so many cool pictures online and was interested in taking a full screenshot of my farm (as many of you who have been playing for a while inevitably do) and I found this article on PCGamer:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-take-a-screenshot-of-your-entire-stardew-valley-farm/

It was a bit of work and I was initially skeptical, but I liked the idea of running the game on a higher resolution in real time just for fun and decided to give it a go. Long story short...I followed all the steps, it didn't work, and now my game is kinda messed up. I didn't think this program was actually going to edit the game files itself. Every time I open it, many of my settings revert and the game defaults to a weird resolution. Also my list of resolutions repeats itself, showing the same resolutions multiple times, and certain resolutions actually crash the game. Once I put it on my native resolution (1920 x 1080) it also doesn't scale correctly now. I've tried reinstalling the game and this has no effect, which leads me to believe the corrupted info must be somewhere in my save file?

Anyone else had this issue / gotten it resolved or know how to revert settings back to defaults somehow? Thanks for your time.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Does uninstalling GeDoSaTo fix it? If not, does the issue happen if you start a new save file (directly after starting the game)?

• colzn

colzn Space Hobo

Thanks for your response! There was no way to uninstall GeDoSaTo other than to remove all the files manually, which I tried and it did nothing.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Does the issue happen if you start a new save file directly after launching the game?

• colzn

colzn Space Hobo

Oops, forgot to address that question sorry! Starting a new save file appears to do nothing, and the problem reoccurs on startup. Seems to be an issue with the preferences for the starting resolution of the game.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• colzn

colzn Space Hobo

Sure. I've tried examining the XML myself but haven't had any luck so far. Also, here is what the resolutions screen looks like.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hmm, your save works fine for me. I wonder if GeDoSaTo is sticking around somehow; does it make any difference if you delete Stardew Valley.exe, reset your game files, and try again?