1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Mephetor-Skunk Race 1.02

Skunks in space?

1. SuperSilentSkunk

SuperSilentSkunk Tentacle Wrangler

Mephitidae. latin. probably should have noticed that. :rofl:
    It would help me if we established where and how the skunks live in the cannon:
    under / overground, in industrialised cities / in rural settlements, with mechanical / biological / hybrid technology, ect.
    I propose that the skunks live underground in vast super-burrows, and that the skunks use primarily nature-inspired technology (for instance, I made a lamp that looks like a small fluorescent mushroom that could be used to decorate underground burrows).
    when I say "nature inspired" I don't mean the skunks don't use electronics, I just mean they make their electronics look like they are from nature, by for instance making them out of wood.
    if we ever want to do dungeons, ancient burrows would be a pretty easy choice.
    If you had another idea about how the skunks lived, please tell me so we can figure this out. These were just the assumptions I was working under, and I would be happy to revise them.

2. AnthonySkunk89

AnthonySkunk89 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, you're dead on with that hammer. xD Burrows would do quite nicely.

3. The Wiz

The Wiz Master Chief

I notice that the skunk nose sticks out when wearing full face helmets this needs to be fix.

4. AnthonySkunk89

I redid the face in the newest hopfully soon to be released version, that's one of the things that needed reworked.

5. SuperSilentSkunk

Hi again! Sorry about the delay, school has become hell. Anyhow I made a couple of little things and tweaked the ship a tiny bit, but my big project is still in the making. oddly enough, I think I may have just figured out how to finish, so I may do more tonight. As to the tile-set, I have discovered that I cannot do art with 2D tiles, so that's probably not gonna happen until you want to release. Oh, and just say when you want things cleaned up for release. right now, I am just sorta starting, so I am just going nuts with silly debug-related junk in the files.

Attached Files:

6. SuperSilentSkunk

Hey, one more thing.
    Would you wanna start using some sort of source control? something like Github? I know, I know, they are really complicated and tough, but this seems like the perfect situation for using software that that. I would be happy to help you with it if you are unfamiliar. To be honest, it would probably not be easy to start out, but eventually it could be a big help if you want to make this project bigger.

7. AnthonySkunk89

Sure, I'll try it, I'll try bout anything at least once.

8. SuperSilentSkunk

Neat! how do you wanna proceed? Want me to walk you through it? Do you know anything about how git works?
    Since this is your mod, you should probably own the repository. The first step would be making a Github account. Note you have to pay per repository unless the repository is public, but since you don't seem to be restricting downloads to the mod, I figure a public repository is ok.

9. SuperSilentSkunk

have you had any luck?
    also, could I ask what you want to do about release, and when? sorry to pester you, but I would like to know when I need to get my stuff in order.

10. AnthonySkunk89

Well I can't really do much till my new PC comes in later this month. This temp one I've been on has been acting up too.

11. Harustar

Harustar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fellow skunk here^^ I look forward to seeing more work on this once your able, just stopping by really to give a shout^^

12. AnthonySkunk89

To all lovers of this mod, I'm putting it on hold till further notice, I'm working on getting my new PC atm and trying to get my bro skunk to finish the spriting, if not I'll finish them myself when I have the time.

This DOES NOT MEAN I'M CANNING THE MOD! Just taking a breather.

13. SuperSilentSkunk

OK! I AM BACK!
    school and finals took up a bunch of my time, so I have been a bit out of it. gonna try the sprite work again, but no guarantees on quality, I'm still a bit new to the spriting world. Any advice on what you might want to see would help.
    also, I happen to be quite competent in the area of computers, so if you need help on somthing I might be of use.

thatz likes this.
  14. AnthonySkunk89

KK, we have discussed it, my friend, SuperSilentSkunk, will be taking over this mod while I'm on hiatus. (At least till my new laptop gets here, being made in China. xD) I'm not quiting the mod, but mearly handing the reigns over to Super. Super has been Promoted from helper, to Second in Command and WILL be in command till I return.

Till then stinkers,

Anthony, signing out.

15. AnthonySkunk89

AnthonySkunk89 updated Mephetor-Skunk Race with a new update entry:

Upbeat Giraffe (Yes I actually came back)

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Yay skunks~ <3 I'm glad you did this.

17. AnthonySkunk89

I started it 2 years ago and finally went back and fixed it. xD Glad you like it. ^!^

18. JovialSkunk

JovialSkunk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's nice to see this officially supported again!

19. AnthonySkunk89

Hehe, it's actually great to be working on it again. I'm actually in the middle of adding spawners.

Snowpup likes this.
  20. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

We totally need twitching ears. <3

Also I think I love you. (SKUNKS! <3<3)