1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Bug/Issue Memory leak or something

Discussion in 'Support' started by cinoba, Feb 4, 2019.

1. cinoba

cinoba Lucky Number 13

This probably won't be that helpful, but I was testing my custom map and when I reinforced a soldier in between two villages the game suddenly froze. I checked my task manager and saw that it started using up 100% of my memory, pagefile/disk IO, and 90-100% CPU. It continued for about 15 seconds, and I had to force close it.

Windows 10 64bit v1709
    Intel i5-8400
    AMD RX 470
    8 GB RAM

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Heya,
      Could you please send the log file found in AppData/Roaming/Chucklefish/Wargroove ?

Thank you :)

• cinoba

cinoba Lucky Number 13

Oh... I didn't know; it's too late for that. I didn't want to stop playing after that problem I had. I just looked at the log, and I can tell it was overwritten by the last session / campaign mission I did.

• cinoba

cinoba Lucky Number 13

Nevermind, I was actually able to reproduce it quite easily. Tried to reinforce a soldier at 3 adjacent to two villages and a tower. It worked as expected the first time. Then I tried it again and it hung up. Log: https://pastebin.com/iaEQjevn
          [​IMG]

EDIT: I updated and am still able reproduce it on the new build. Log: https://pastebin.com/nArXjxrT
          [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
          • cinoba

cinoba Lucky Number 13

Third time with video demonstration:

I let run this time. Tried to click and it eventually crashed with a popup "Halley something something". Something new appeared at the end of the log which I'm guessing comes down to out of memory.

Unhandled exception: bad allocation
            Last traces:
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [Rain]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [Sandstorm]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [Sandstorm]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [Snow]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [Snow]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [Wind]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [Wind]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [Ash]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [Ash]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [LocationHighlight]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [LocationHighlight]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [UIMouse]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [UIMouse]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [SelectionCursorGame]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [SelectionCursorGame]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [SelectionCursor]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [SelectionCursor]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [UnitSelection]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [UnitSelection]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [AIControl]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [AIControl]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [PlayerEvent]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [PlayerEvent]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [Revenue]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [Revenue]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [Healing]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [Healing]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [Capture]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [Capture]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [Combat]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:129 [Combat]
            - d:\gitlab-runner\builds\a7600680\0\chucklefish\wargroove\halley\src\engine\entity\src\system.cpp:113 [UnitOrderRunner] [latest]

End of traces.
            Game shutting down.

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

This is helpful! Thank you!
              Could you zip up your AI turnstates found in the %appdata%/Chucklefish/Wargroove/Saves folder, just in case it's something weird going on with the AI as well.

It might be helpful to send me the map as well, that can be found in the same saves folder. Although the maps have ID names, so if you have multiple maps finding this one is going to be a challenge; if that's the case don't worry.

Thank you!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
              • cinoba

cinoba Lucky Number 13

Zip

Attached Files:

Shubeans likes this.