Other Memories Forgotten SDV FanFic: Updated 11/23 Final Chapter

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Lanx12, Mar 13, 2016.

Tags:
?

Should I have Shane marry in this story ?

1. Yes !

2. Yes he should marry me !

3. I don't know

4. No ! I enjoy Shane being unhappy

5. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

So I noticed not many people wanted to post a fan fic on here so I figured I'd be the first one to take that blind leap now granted this won't be professional as some writers are I figured it's a great way to feel more immersed in the game. Btw feel free to comment below And check back often as i want to make this a community story with polls on character paths. Also note this is my take on if Stardew valley in my own little world X3

Chapter 1:

When I think back before I came here I think about when I was with my grandfather for the last time. I was only Sixteen at the time when he laid in there in that bed surrounded by family he smiled at me as he handed me that letter that would change my life forever. "And to my grandson I want you to have this letter" those words echoed in my head at his funeral as I shed tears for really he was more like a father to me than anyone as he helped raised me when my own father was no where to be seen. A few years passed after his death and I was now at the age of twenty one and working my first real job outside of college. Sadly it was dull and boring as the fellow employee's only thought of making quota. Each night I would go to the local pub only to see those same lifeless eyes there this was not the life I wanted to live it wasn't what I wanted at all and I felt trapped. Some nights I would come home like a zombie myself as my mother smiled at me and talked about the old days back on grandpa's farm. I would think of the little red head girl who would come and visit every summer and play with me in the forest. Finally one day I had enough I stood up and looked around at every cubical and sighed as I flopped back down and opened my office drawer inside was grandpa's letter.

I sighed and opened it up and began to read a tear rolled down my cheek as I took the deed he had left to me and smiled. Finally with courage and a new purpose in life I stood up packed my things and quit my job for good at Joja. It was exciting I felt alive like back when I was a child as I ran home and burst into the house I showed mom the letter and deed and ran up stares packing my things. A picture of mom, Grandpa, and me standing in front of his old cabin a doodle that the girl that use to visit us every summer left me and my lucky baseball cap. I smiled at mom and handed her the address so she could send me my stuff. I gave her a hug and kissed her cheek as she smiled at me and held me close. "Remember son you'll always have a home here but never give up on your dream" She said to me as i waved goodbye and walked off towards the bus station. A sudden fear came over me as I passed the Joja office I once worked at as I was leaving behind the modern world for something more peaceful, more natural, more human in my book.

As I walked up to the bus station I sighed as I stood in line the ticket agent calling the person in front of me I pulled out my wallet and saw a picture of me and the little red head girl I kept. I began to wonder what she was doing now and where she was as I began to daydream I suddenly was brought back to reality as the lady called me to the counter. "Round trip or one way hun ?" She asked me as I looked at her. I smiled " One way to Stardew Valley please miss". She nodded and handed me my bus pass I took it and headed over to the platform to which I would broad my bus and start my new life.

The bus was actually very comfy compared to the city buses I use to take around the city its seats looked new and it wasn't as cramped as I thought it would be. As I got to me assigned seat I put my shoulder bag up on the overhead and sat down near the window I sighed as I looked out the window and watched us depart when suddenly I heard a innocent little voice behind me "Hey mister ! Whatca doing ? " said the voice as i turned around and looked down at the little girl sitting in the seat next to me. I smiled and said " Why I'm getting ready to go on an adventure." She smiled at me and asked what sort of an adventure and in response I said A life changing adventure. As the trip continued I enjoyed my time on the bus playing cards with my little passenger and telling stories that my grandfather use to tell me when I was her age when finally we began to come into a small little valley.

Finally we were here I smiled as I stood up and said my goodbyes to the little girl and her mother as I put my bag on my shoulder I got off to be greeted by a women with red hair who said she had been sent here to pick me up and bring me to my grandfathers farm. I shook her hand as she introduced herself as Robin and I introduced myself to her as we began to walk down the old dirt trail towards the farm we smiled as I told her about my trip and she told me about the town. Finally we came to a pair of worn down wooden gates and for the first time in four years I placed my hand on the gate and opened it up. Thus I took my first step into a new world.

Chapter 2:

As we walked down the dirt trail I could see the cabin off in the distance. Robin stopped and pointed out at a field in dire need of care and smiled at me " Well welcome to Swedican Farms" I began to panic a bit at how bad the farm was in need of dire repair but I swallowed what fear remained and rolled up my sleeves and smiled at her " I think I'm up for the challenge." She smirked and laughed as we continued down to the cabin. It was mid morning by the time we got to grandpa's old cabin and I looked at it and felt that maybe leaving home wasn't the best idea when I saw this shack of a cabin.

Suddenly an old man came out he seemed rather goofy an odd to me as he walked down the stairs and shook my hand "I'm Lewis the mayor of Pelican town and your grandfathers oldest friend" He said with a smile that somehow showed through his bushy mustache. I smiled at him and replied "I remember you sir it's been to long since we last met so how is grandpa's old cabin"
    He smiled " Well Its rustic to say the least you'll be really living the pioneer's life." Suddenly Robin chuckled "Rustic is one way to put I'd rather say crusty would be a better fit for it." Quickly Lewis jumped and gave her that how rude look as she laughed then put one hand on my shoulder and said " Don't mind her she's just trying to get you to buy one of her house upgrades" Suddenly her laughs stopped and she let out a loud hmph as she folded her arms and tapped her foot.

I laughed at them both as I put one foot up on the stair and smiled as I adjusted my old baseball cap I then turned around and gave them both a thumbs up " Well guys I think it's home" I said as they smiled and laughed with me. "You must be tired after your long trip get some rest then come into town tomorrow and meet everyone" Lewis said to me as he began to leave "And remember if you need anything in the carpenter's department I'm here for you" Said Robin as she left with Lewis.

I waved goodbye to them and began to walk up the stairs to the porch then I placed my hand on the door knob. I paused for a second it had been quiet awhile since I was last here and memories from my past began to flood into my mind as if I was just here yesterday. I sighed as I turned the knob and walked in the cabin was still a little dusty and had only the basics a small kitchen and small table with one oak chair a budget Television and a rickety wood bed to call my own I sighed as I placed my pack down on the floor next to the bed and began to walk around the small one room house with a small bathroom off to the side I smiled as I thought back to being a child.

"So many good memories" I said to myself as I finished cleaning up the cabin and walked outside. The sun was beginning to set as I sat down on the stairs and looked over the field overgrown with weeds,grass,and trees not to mention rocks and boulders I knew my work was cut out for me.

As I was looking over the lay of the land I saw a redhead woman looking at me from the southern entrance of the farm that lead to the forest she smiled and waved at me then walked back off into the forest. My heart stopped for a second and all I could do was smile and wave back as I got up and walked back inside the cabin. I lit the old fireplace and changed into my sleep ware as I laid down on the bed I shut my eyes and smiled thinking what tomorrow would bring and what challenges awaited me here.

I began to dream of crops and animals and a working farm like the one grandpa use to have all those years ago but then my mind began to change to other things such as home and mom. It was a big change for me but I remember what she had told me before I left home " Never give up on your dream."

Chapter 3

It was a long night I didn’t sleep well being in a new place that was somewhat familiar to me I paused for a moment when I heard the floor boards creek and the tree’s rustle when the wind gently blew it was something I wasn’t use to compared to the city and hearing cars and sirens all night long. This was what peace and quiet was all about. I pulled out that picture of me and the little girl from years ago and set it on my night table next to the picture of mom, grandpa, and me and let out a sigh as I woke up early the next morning before sunrise. I looked towards the southern entrance with a cup of coffee in my hand waiting to see that girl again who waved to me.

Maybe I wanted to see her again and talk to her maybe there was something else as I ran my hand through my blushish green hair I smiled as I watched the sunrise and walked back inside. “Okay time to head into town and meet the locals it’ll be good to start making some friends and learn more about the land.”

I changed out of my sleep ware for blue jeans a grey shirt and my old leather jacket since it was still cool and left the house for town. It was a nice morning as I walked down the dirt path watching the little patches of fog move around in the field listening to the sounds of the birds chirp as I opened up the gate to the farm and walked by the bus stop and into town.

Pelican town wasn’t what I excepted then again what did I except? I thought, perhaps a town similar to my home. Maybe worn down buildings that had seen better days. I didn’t think it would be a common small town that was up to date on everything from a small clinic to a general store they even had a local saloon that made fresh meals daily and great tasting beers.

I was fascinated as I saw mayor Lewis at the bulletin board posted in front of the general store. He waved at me and smiled “So how was your first night in the cabin my boy?” he asked me. “Well save the fact I could have slept a bit better it wasn’t too bad.” I replied as he pated me on the shoulder. “Well since you’re here let me introduce you to the town” He said as he motioned me to follow him inside the general story that was adeptly named Pierre’s.

It was interesting as we chatted and he showed me the seeds and stuff related to crop farming in his store but it was interesting when he called out his wife Caroline and daughter Abigail. I will have to say Abigail was cute when we first met and talked for a good half an hour before Lewis and I left.

As Lewis showed me around the town I saw the same girl from yesterday walking out of town towards the forest again humming a familiar tune as we continued walking on I stopped Lewis and asked him who she was he only said to me she was a an artist who came here last spring to find inspiration .

I nodded as we continued the tour and listened to the history of the town. As the sun began to set I waved goodbye to Lewis and walked back to my farm humming that same tune the girl was humming. I smiled as I made it back home and lit a fire in the fireplace with a blanket wrapped around me I sat next to it sipping a cup of soup while staring into that burning inferno lost in thought on what I should do first thing in the morning.

Chapter 4

That night something strange happened as I lay in bed I could hear what sounded like someone singing. I stood up and put on my overcoat and walked outside. I saw the same girl red hair and all sitting on the southern fence line looking up at the moon singing to it. I smiled as I sat down on the stairs and listened. Her voice was that of an angel to my ears as I leaned over and grabbed my mini harp I listened carefully and began to strum to the tempo of her singing. She paused and turned around seeing me standing on the deck as I kept playing. She then smiled with a light blush and ran her fingers across her hair and started to sing as I played.

As the song came to an end she walked up to the deck and smiled at me “I’m Leah.” She said as I walked down the steps and bowed formally to her “I’m Marcus” I said to her as we paused for a moment she then turned around and began to walk off. With a quick turnaround she said to me “I hope we can do this again sometime.” With a wink she ran off back into the southern forest and I smiled as I went back inside and went back to sleep.

As the sun rose I was already up and cooking breakfast along with a cup of coffee I sat down outside eating my breakfast and drinking my coffee “Eggs and bacon the true farmers breakfast in my book “ I said to myself as I finished eating. It was now six o clock as I put on my work gloves and grabbed my axe and pickaxe and began to work.

It was a rather cool day as I started breaking a part rocks and collecting fragments that could be used for roofing and storing them in a crate I had set near the first field. Soon I had a quarter of the field cleared of stone when I sat down to take a break. The water from the little pond here was fresh and crisp with a sweet taste to it as I looked around I smiled thinking back to last night and Leah’s visit.

Soon my break was over and I picked up my axe and began to work on the trees and little stumps in the area while nibbling on some jerky that I had brought from home I began to hum the song she sang when I noticed a man walking down path going past the house he was dressed in a blue sweater and shorts with black hair. I leaned on the fence post and greeted him “Hello. Nice to meet you” I said to man he then stopped and looked at me “Do I know you? I didn’t think so.” He said to me as he walked past me. I thought to myself “what a jerk “then the man stopped for a second and turned back around to me “My name is Shane if you must know.” He then left heading back towards town. I shrugged and sighed as I went back to work. As I cleared the field I found some plants that would be useful as forge and walked over to the shipping the crate and placed them in. “Now I’m supposed to call this number when I need items picked up that are to be sold” I said to myself as I pulled out the card that Lewis had given me and went inside.

“Pelican Shipping co this Jeb” the voice said answering the phone. “Yes I’m Marcus the new farmer near pelican town at Swedican farms I’ve got some items in need of pickup for today” I replied “Ah so you’re the new owner of that farm Alright I’ll be by around seven tonight if that’s alright.” I agreed and thanked him as we ended our conversation and hung up the phone.

It was now midafternoon and I couldn’t work anymore so I thought I might go down into the southern forest and explore a bit since Lewis had encouraged me to explore as much of the area as I could when I wasn’t working.

I opened up the southern gate and walked down a forest path with high hills on each side until I came into an open area and another farm near me it seemed to be the local ranch that Lewis had told me about as I walked by I waved to the little girl inside waving back at me and continued down the path until I stood in front of a big lake I was awed by how beautiful it was and sat down to take it all in.

“So this is what farmers do when they are not working the land huh?” A familiar voice said behind me as I stood up and turned around with a smile.

It was Leah as she smiled at me as I dusted myself off and placed my hand behind my head. “Well you know what they say all work and no play and really make for a dull day” I said to her as I walked over. “True but you shouldn’t make play all day or you’ll lose out on the work need to be done today” She said in kind reply that made me blush. She giggled at my blushing and walked past me towards the lake “I love this place I use to come here as a kid with my parents which is why I just had to come back.”

I nodded in agreement with her. “Indeed I use to come here every summer when my grandfather still ran the farm it was very fun always helping him out.” I smiled thinking back but then something happened that made my head hurt.

I held it for a bit biting my lip in pain but then it began to ease up as Leah looked at me with some concern I told her I was alright I probably just over did it today on clearing the pasture. She then gave me a lecture on taking better care if myself and playful bonk on my head for good measure to make sure it stayed. I laughed and so did she we then parted ways as I began to head home to meet the shipper called Jeb.

As I sat down looking over my recent accomplishments of the day I smiled when I suddenly heard bells and a loud moo echo from the east gate that lead to town. I turned my head to see a built man walking down the road in his mid-forties at least leading an ox with a cart down the path way. He smiled and waved to me as he got closer with a big grin as I jumped down from the deck and waved back with a smile on my face. “Hello Mr. Marcus correct?” the man said to me as I nodded and offered a handshake to him.

“Indeed I am Mr. Jeb correct?” The man smiled and nodded at me also shaking my hand in return as the ox aligned the cart next to the shipping bin. “So uh do you need any help with loading the stuff...?” I was asking when he single handedly lifted the 2 bags that were very heavy to me out of the box and onto the cart. “Uh never mind then” I said as I closed my mouth from the shear astonishment of this man’s strength.

He then turned around and smiled at me “No that is okay though can’t say I’ve earned my pay if I don’t do the work myself” He said to me. I smiled at him realizing that he was a hard worker like me. “So judging by you found how dose two hundred for today’s haul sound?” he asked me as I pulled out a metal tin and unlocked it with a key.

I nodded “Sounds fine to me but are you sure that’s not to overpriced? I’d hate to sell you stuff that wasn’t up to quality.” I asked as he handed me the payment. “Oh don’t you worry sir I’ve got a good eye when it comes to quality and these are at least above average in my book.” He smiled and shook my hand then grabbed the ox by the rains and waved to me goodbye as he started back towards town. “Until we meet again Mr. Marcus I have high hopes for you and your farm.” he yelled back towards me.

I smiled at him as he walked off and waved back yelling “Thank you for your vote of confidence.” It was now getting late and the sun was setting as I went back inside and pulled out a dusty old journal from my box of stuff. As I opened it up my last entry was the day grandpa passed away I smiled as I started to put in the events of the past few days and started to think back to home.

“I wonder if mom is doing alright. Maybe I should write her.” I said to myself as I finished putting my entry into the journal and began to change into my nightwear. As I lay down in bed I looked up at the wood ceiling and raised my hand up as if trying to reach for the sky its self.

“I hope I did the right thing. At least it feels right to say the least” I said to myself as I turned out the light and fell asleep.

The next morning I awoke to the howls of wind and thunder as a strong storm rolled in. The windows rattled and shacked as I threw on my rain gear and walked outside. I was determined to get the rest of the field done come rain or shine.

It was utterly miserable as the rain down poured and it got even worse as the wind picked up making that rain sting my face even more.

Suddenly a loud crack was heard as I looked up and a branch came crashing down on me knocking me out cold.

It was late afternoon when I finally came to and saw Leah sitting next to me putting a moist cloth on my forehead. I then turned my head a bit to see Jeb sitting at my table looking at me worried.

Oh my head what happened I asked her. She looked down and set the cloth down. Marcus a tree branch broke and landed on your head. You were in pretty bad shape when I came up here and luckily Mr. Jeb was coming up to see if you needed help with anything and saw what had happened. We carried you in and patched you up the best we could.

I looked down and frowned knowing I did the number one mistake. I’m sorry you guys had to do all that work it was foolish of me to work during such a bad storm I should of just taken the day off.

Just then Jeb got up and walked over and placed his hand on my shoulder. Don’t worry about bud we learn from our mistakes and your still learning.

He smiled at me then turned to Leah. I think I’ll be on my way now I’ll leave him in your hands. She nodded at him and smiled as he left.

Now then Marcus you just stay right there alright I’m going to cook you something to eat and help pick up this place a bit since it’s never a good idea to leave someone alone after suffering a head injury.

I looked at her and sighed. Alright I’m not going to fight you on the matter. She smiled at me and rolled up her sleeves. Oh Marcus by the way I’m probably going to be staying the night tonight since Dr. Harvey couldn’t make it out here he suggested that I stay here just in case there was a problem.

I nodded and pointed to the cabinet that had a spare futon mattress and blankets since talking just made my head hurt more.

Leah hummed as she started to cook. It smelled really good and made my stomach growl.

Well look at that a set for two in dishes she said. I smiled as I listened to her.

Tell me Mr. Marcus did you plan to get hurt so I could come and take care of you and some form of a date? She said to me playfully as she began to pick up the place a bit.

It was not my intention to do so but I’ll take what I can get I said playfully back. She then smiled and pulled a chair over to the bed and sat down beside me with a book in hand.

Well since the power is out I could read you a story. This one is a good one though A little boy I use to know here use to read it to me all the time when I was visiting during the summer.

I smiled and nodded as she opened it up and began to read to me aloud. It felt nice to be cared for by someone other than family. As I listened the story began to sound familiar to me suddenly it hit me.

I sat up quickly as lighting flashed and turned to her. You’re her! The little girl I use to play with during the summer! Quickly she closed the book and looked at me. What do you mean? She asked me. I pointed to my dresser.

Up on the dresser there’s a picture there could you please take a look at it. She got up and looked at then suddenly dropped it. Oh my Yoba it is you. She said blushing as she bent over to pick it back up.

She then walked back over and sat down next to me smiling more. So I guess we have a lot of catching up to do huh?

We both smiled and laughed finally recovering a piece of past and finding out we were once child hood crushes.

As we ate the stew she made we talked about what had happen during the years we were apart I told her about my life in the city and she told me about her art career and before you knew it I was starting to feel better.

So it was late and she had settled into the futon and smiled at me. You know Marucs I’m kind of glad that tree limb came crashing down on you. Tomorrow is going to be different you know. I smiled as I looked up at the ceiling

It certainly will be and all for the better. I said as I began to close my eyes. She smiled and turned out the light.

Yes for both of us she whispered as we fell asleep.

The next morning came and I awoke with a note on the side of my bed and a clean tidy house. I opened the note and read it.

Dear Marcus sorry I had to leave so early but something came up I hope you feel better I left your breakfast in the fridge for you. Please don’t do anything stupid like that again and please be safe. Yours truly Leah.

I smiled as I got up and rubbed my head I was sore and achy but I walked over to the fridge and looked inside. She had cooked me some meso soup that was easy to heat up. After heating up I tried it and quite well enjoyed it.

I looked down at my arm which was in a sling and sighed I knew that I wouldn’t be getting much work done until it healed up but luckily for me it was just a sprang. I put on my cloths and walked outside getting ready to start my work when I noticed Jeb was out there already tending the fields.

I walked over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. Ah you’re up, Mr. Marcus how are you feeling? I’m fine but may I ask what are you doing? He smiled at me as he leaned on my hoe. Well seeing as you’ve gone and hurt yourself I thought I’d help you out since you seem to really love this farm and all.

I smiled and nodded at him. It’s true I do love this place but you didn’t need to go to all this trouble. Suddenly Jeb turned to me and gave me a stern look. Marcus you’re a good kid you work hard even during dangerous conditions. Plus I think you’re a fine fit for my daughter. I what! I exclaimed. You heard me I think you’d be a fine husband for my daughter she’s about your age. I fell over and had that look of shock as he started laughing.

You’re joking right? I asked him. He smiled and helped me back up. Yes I’m joking you’re a good kid who had a spit of bad luck and besides it’s the time of year where you need to get your crops growing now.

He motioned me over and showed me some tips and tricks to improving my crop yield and making better tasting vegetables. I took as many notes as I could and learned as much I could and at the end of the day I treated Jeb to a home cook meal and a few drinks.

Thanks Jeb I really couldn’t of done this without you. He smiled as he started walking off towards town. Oh Marcus I’ll deduct today’s work from what you put in the bins until it’s paid off. I froze for a moment then looked down grabbing my hat I threw it on the ground and yelled. You cheap jerk! It’s a deal! I smiled as he walked off laughing it was money well spent and the lessons alone would prove more valuable than any amount of gold.

It was getting late and I sat on deck looking up at the moon sipping a cup of coffee my arm was feeling better along with my head as I looked over a now cleared and planted field of Parsnips. Now the tender job of caring for them until they matured began.

As I looked down the road I saw a light coming up. It was a girl with purple hair she walked past the gate then walked past me and paused for a second. Hey Marcus it’s me Abigail from Pierre’s general store. I smiled at her. Oh hi, kind of late to be out and about isn’t it? She smiled at me and put the lantern up to her face. It’s never too late to be out and about when it comes to hunting ghosts. I gave a grim smile at her and said well okay I wish you good luck on that. She smiled back and waved goodbye as she made her way down towards the south woods.

Note to myself Abigail is interesting. I said to myself as I got up and went inside to turn in for the day.

A few days went by as I worked on the farm clearing weeds, caring for the parsnips, and getting to know the villagers better. One day I was in town as the saloon sharing a drink with Jeb as we talked about different things when an old fisherman came in.

Ah Willy welcome back said Gus the bartender as he poured the man a cup of ale. Willy nodded and looked at me. You must be that new farmer everyone is talking about. Tell ya what come down to the dock tomorrow I want to show you something.

I looked at Jeb then back at Willy. Uh sure I’ll come down in the morning. He smiled and nodded and went to this drink and talking to Gus.

Jeb turned to me. So I wonder what he wants to show you. I shrugged my shoulders as I finished off my ale. Who knows but it sounds interesting anyway I’m going to call it early tonight. Jeb nodded at me as he ordered another drink. Take it easy he said to me as he waved.

It was a cold chilly spring morning even though the season was almost over as I walked down to the beach my hands in my pockets.

I wonder what Willy wants to talk to me about. As the fog flowed through town I saw someone with red hair sitting under a tree she looked up at me.

Oh hello… She said to me as I walked past I smiled and said good morning.

She looked back up at me and said Oh I didn’t know you want to talk? Hi I’m Penny. She then went back to reading her book as I shrugged and said goodbye continuing on my way down to the beach.

By the time I got to the beach the fog was starting to lift as I saw Willy standing on the pier fishing.

Good morning sir I said to him as I walked up. He threw out his ling again and with a gruff voice replied. Good morning to you young Marcus I got a gift for ya. He then sat his rod down and went over to his fishing box and handed me a rod.

The art of fishing seems to be dying out and I was hoping if you had free time to take up fishing. I took the rod and nodded at him as I cast the line out. It’s a good fishing rod I think I’ll take it up since I heard fish can be a profitable way during the months I can’t grow.

He smiled at me as we fished most of the morning. It was fun and I even caught a few fish to take back home. As the sun reached high noon I was walking around town there wasn’t much to do since I missed the egg festival due to being sick.

I saw Lewis looking at the calendar posted on the front Pierre’s store. Good afternoon Mr. Mayor I said as I walked up towards him. Ah Master Marcus how are you today he said. Pretty good is there any events coming up I asked him.

He nodded at me and pointed at the flower dance. So what the flower dance about? I asked as I looked at it and marked it down in my planner. Ah that’s when we have the town come together to celebrate the end of spring and the young folk get to dance with each other.

So I take it we can pick our partners right? He nodded at me and started to walk away.

I smiled as I thought about sharing a dance with Leah but I was also nervous I had never danced before and I had only a week to prepare for it.

So I went into Pierre’s to see if Caroline could help me out. I waved to Pierre as I walked up to Caroline she smiled at me. Good day Marcus what can I do to help you today? I blushed and looked down. Can you teach me how to dance? She smiled and took my hand and brought me into the back of the store.

Of course I can maybe we can get Abby in as your dance partner since it would be easier that way. She yelled out for Abby and I started to feel nervous.

Abby came walking and looked at Caroline. What is it mom I’m kind of. Oh Marcus hello she said as she lightly blushed a bit. Caroline smiled at me then turned back to Abby.

So Marcus need’s to learn how to dance so would you mind being his dance partner for this lesson?

She nodded and walked over to me smiling as she placed one hand on my shoulder and grab my hand with the other as I place my free hand on her waist.

Just relax Marcus and listen to the beat of the music she said as Caroline turned on the radio. I closed my eyes and started to bob my head a bit as I listened to the beat and took my first step forward. Without missing a beat we began to dance a traditional ballroom.

Oh my Marcus you’re a natural! Caroline exclaimed as we danced around the living room.

Finally the song came to an end as I dipped Abby and pulled her back up. Quickly she broke the pose blushing and then backed off a bit.

I uh I have to go do something. Thank you for the dance she said as she ran off into her room.

Caroline smiled at me and placed a hand on my shoulder. Marcus I didn’t know you had a natural talent like that. I smiled and looked at her. I didn’t know myself to be honest.

I thanked Caroline as I began to leave. I looked at Abby’s door then walked back out into the main store floor picking up some seeds and left for home.

Abby placed her hand over her chest and slid down to the floor her back against the door as she blushed brightly. What is this feeling she said to herself as she pondered what had happened.

I started to walk down the road way when I suddenly got a song stuck in my hand and started to dance a bit. Suddenly I heard a laugh and looked up to see a blond haired guy in a blue jacket jump down. Your Marcus right he said with a big grin and shook my hand.

I nodded and smile. And you are? I’m Sam nice to meet you. I smiled at him and said. It’s nice to meet you then Sam.

We talked for a bit about different things such as music and what life was like in Zuzu city and before I knew it. Time had gone by and it was starting to get dark. We said our good byes and headed on our ways back to our homes.

As I entered the gate I saw someone sitting on my deck. I could hear what sounded like crying as I walked up closer.

It was Leah her face all read as I stood in front of her. She looked up as I pulled out a bandana from my pocket.

What’s wrong I asked as I kneeled down? She took the bandana and started to dry her tears. Can we talk? She asked. I nodded and helped her up as we walked into my cabin.

I put a kettle on the stove then sat down at the table with her. So what happened? She looked away clinching the bandana in her lap. It’s my ex-boyfriend he keeps calling me saying I should come back to him. That I’ll never make it as an artist and I should just come back to him and go to school to get a degree in something that will pay a lot of money.

I nodded at her then looked out the window. But then you’ll never truly be free I said. She turned and looked at me as I just stared out into the darkness. I did the whole school thing and got a degree and all it did was make my life miserable day in and day out working in an office.

She then placed her hand on mine and I turned to her. So you know what I mean then? I nodded as the kettle went off. Quickly we moved our hands away blushing a bit as I got up and grabbed two cups and placed them on the table followed by the kettle.

We smiled and talked for a good part of the night away then she got up and I walked her to the door. Are you sure you don’t want me to walk you home? She nodded as she started to walk down the steps.

I then clinched my fist as she started walking down the pathway. Leah! Wait I want to ask you something? She turned around with a questioned look on her face as I ran up to her. Would you go with me to the flower dance?

She blushed then nodded at me. I’d love to she said. And with that she continued to walk down the path as I stood there my hands in my pocket.

The next day it was warm and comfortable the fields had finally been cleared and I was sitting on the deck. My knee was up to my chest as I stared out at the parsnips growing. I smiled as I looked up at the sky with the clouds slowly going by. I could also fall asleep.

Sure enough that is what I did I was laying on the deck now snoring when a shadow appeared over me looking down at me. “Hi Mister!” the cute little voice squeaked as I opened my eyes. I sat up and looked it was a small girl in a purple dress. She looked at me shyly and smiled “My aunt asked me to come down here and-and ask if you would be willing to come down and help us at the ranch” she seemed very shy. I smiled and looked at her. “Well who is your aunt?” I asked. “She’s M-Marnie” she said as she turned away. I got up and patted her on the head. “Alright well if your aunt Marnie needs help then let’s go”

The girl giggled as we started to walk towards the south exit of the farm. I would be good to get to know the villagers more and what better way than helping them out with tasks. Sure enough the little girl was leading me to the ranch that was near Leahs cabin.

You know you never told me your name little one?” I said. She smiled up at me “My name is Jas.” I smiled down at her and nodded as we went in to be greeted by Marine. “Ah Mr. Marcus Lewis told me all about you.” She walked over to me from behind her counter and gave me a big hug. “I’m Marnie and I’m so happy to meet you” I smiled she seemed friendly enough.

She brought me into the kitchen and we sat down. “So Jas said you needed some help?” Marnie nodded “Yes would you mind helping me with some of the animals here on my ranch it seems my nephew Shane couldn’t help today cause he got called into work early.

I nodded and smiled “Sure it would be great to get a little first-hand experience on ranching.” Marnie smiled and took me over to the holding pins. It was amazing as she showed me around telling me about the different types of cows and chickens. At least it was amazing till we got to the pig pins. “I need you to clean out the pig pins now I know its dirty work but that is what ranching is also about, Caring for your animals” I nodded as I grabbed a shovel and let out a sigh.

The day went by as Marnie instructed me on what to do from brushing horses to milking cows to even shearing sheep. Soon enough the day had seemed to of gone by and I was tired now. Marnie took my hand and smiled “Thank you so much for helping me.” I nodded as I headed for the door and thanks her again for the lessons.

Afterword’s I walked over to the saloon a tall frost pale ale would do me just fine after working so hard today. I opened the door and was greeted by everyone there. I waved as I took my normal spot at the counter. Gus smiled as he slid me one of the cold pale ales and Emily walked over to me “Tough day hun?” She said. I smiled “Just another day in the life of being a farmer” I said.

The night went by and before long after a few pale ales I was stumbling back home. I walked up opening the door and went to bed sleeping solid.

The next few days were uneventful as Marcus worked his fields and harvested the crops that were ready to be and sent them on their way. Soon it was the day before the Flower dance. Jeb was walking with me. “So Marcus…got your best formal attire for tomorrow?” I looked over at him “I guess it’s just a nice dress shirt and black jeans. “ Jeb laughed and slapped my back.

I about fell over but laughed. “So are you going to attend?” Jeb nodded at me. “Yup free food and good music is always good”

I smiled as we walked up to the saloon. “So Jeb can I buy you lunch?” Jeb smiled and shook his head “Nah kid I got to go make my runs but you have a nice day.” he nod as he walks inside and see Leah. He blushes seeing her then walks over “Hey Leah” She looked up and bolted up “Oh M-Marcus! I uh I got to go” She then ran past him and out the door.

“What was that all about I asked as I turned to Gus” He shrugged at Emily chuckled “You boys will never understand us girls.” Gus and me titled our heads and laughed at her as she got flustered then grabbed a rolling pin. BANG BOOM BANG I walked out with a lump on the back of my head. “She didn’t have to hit so hard…” My stomach growled as I walked down the path towards home. “Well If I’m going to eat I’ll eat at home” He whistled as he walked home.

As he got home he saw a basket by the door. He walked up and looked at the card “Marcus I’m sorry about running out like that here’s some fresh greens I made into a salad for you I hope you like it. Love Leah” I blushed as I took the basket in and enjoyed the salad.

Finally the day came to an end as he sat outside petting the dog that Marine had given him he looked down south and saw a person waving. “Who could that be?” He asked himself as he waved back. It was Jeb walking up smiling. “Marcus my good man I have a message from the lovely Leah to you.” He said as he sat down on the deck. Marcus smiled “well?” Jeb laughed. “She said she’ll meet you at the dance tomorrow with a surprise.” Marcus laughed and offered to make Jeb some tea but he had to go his daughter was coming for a visit.

He went to bed and the next morning he was up early. He had already done his chores and was taking a shower. “Todays the big day…Why am I so nervous” He asked himself as he combed his hair. He put on his nice outfit and looked in the mirror one more time. “Alright Marcus deep breath lets go.”

He walked out the door and down the southern pass towards the grounds where the dance festival was being held. He grabbed some wild flowers on the way humming to himself with a big grin on his face.

The music could be heard as he walked over and looked around He saw Leah dressed up in a white dress as he walked over to her. She blushed as he walked over to her and gave her the flowers he had picked. “Thank you “she said shyly. He blushed as he took her hand “So shall we dance?” She nodded and then went over and started to slow dance around the dance area. Sure enough the others joined.

It was a blast they enjoyed the good food and talked about different things. In the end as the sun began to set Leah kept holding his hand. She leaned over and kissed his cheek “Thank you for being with me today” He blushed as they parted ways and he went home.

That night Marcus was sitting on a chair near his table reading a book on growing better crops when a knock was heard. He got up and walked over unlocking the door and opening it. It was Leah her white dress from the flower dance. She was blushing

“May I come in? “She asked as Marcus nodded. She sat down on the bed looking at the picture on the night stand. “You know...I have a secret to tell you.” Marcus looked at here one eyebrow raised. “What is it? “He asked her as he sat over next to her.

She smiled as she leaned in kissing him on the lips. Marcus blushed as he felt her lips pressed up against his he had never shared a kiss before and he liked it as he placed one arm around her. She broke the kiss blushing more and him in the eye. “I like you a lot…and I mean a lot.”

Marcus blushed hearing her say that thinking that was the secret when she looked into his eyes. “I still have to keep this secret awhile longer” She said as she got up and walked over to the door. “I just wanted to give you a reward for today.”

Leah giggled as she walked out the door closing it. Marcus only sat there as he looked at the door in shock. “What was that. “ He said aloud when she left he was so confused. What was her secret what did she want to tell him did it have something to do with the picture of him and that little girl whose name he had forgotten.

He yawned and sighed as he laid down in bed he knew he wasn’t going to get any sleep tonight. He just looked up at the ceiling pondering what that kiss was all about and why Leah had warmed up to him so fast…She was hiding something and he was going to find out.

One way or another he would learn her secret. But first he had to tend his farm it was the end of the season and he had one more harvest to do. The night went by as he laid there awake his mind running through every question he could think of.

It was early morning and his eyes bloodshot as he looked around his cabin. “I’m going to kill her myself for this…” He muttered as he got up and put on his work clothes for the day. He was so tired all he wanted to do was sleep but those veggies weren’t going to harvest themselves and he needed to build up his savings.

Parsnips and potatoes’ were the last of the crop to be harvested before summer would come. He wiped the sweat from his brow as he took a break leaning on his hoe as he took a sip from his canteen. “Who would of thought this would be so…so…Fulfilling “He said to himself as he smiled.

Soon the days went by and the first day of summer came.

The first day of summer and the heat was on. Marcus was lying in his bed sweating “Sweet Yoba…I need an ac unit.” He said as he rolled out of bed all sweaty. He walked over to his dresser and changed. It was sunny and hot as he walked out putting on a straw hat.

“Better go get some seeds.” He said as he started to walk down the path towards town. He took his bandanna out as he wiped the sweat from his face. It seemed like everything was hot and melting as he came into town.

He walked into Pierre’s and that fresh cold air from his ac felt so good that Marcus didn’t want to leave. “Oh man I need one of these “He said to Pierre as he walked up to the counter. “You know if you talk to robin and expand your house her package includes an ac unit “He said to me. Marcus raised an eyebrow he had enough cash to buy it and enough wood so he thought about it and as soon as he bought the seeds he needed he started to walk up to robins.

It felt good that he was walking under trees most of the way up the mountain. He smiled as he saw Maru walking down the path. “Marcus hey how are you doing?” she asked as she stopped. Marcus smiled at her as he stopped “I’m doing alright besides sweating to death. As a matter of fact I’m heading up to talk to your mother about upgrading my house. “Maru giggled then looked into his eyes. “Well if things get to hot your welcome to stay at our place.” He blushed “Well I... I should be okay.” She just smiled at him as she started to walk down the path again. “See you around. “ She winked as she turned around.

He just smiled as he turned back and headed towards Robins house. He opened the door and there was Robin leaning on the counter. “Hey Marcus was wondering when you’d come up to visit.” He laughed as he leaned on the counter “Actually I’m here on business I need one of your house upgrades.” Her eyes lit up as she pulled out a work order sheet. “What will it be?” she asked him as he looked over the upgrades. “Hmm I can only afford this one but it has an ac unit right?” She nodded at him smiling. “Alright it’ll take me about a week but I’ll get it done for you.”

He smiled as he handed her the money and began to leave. “Oh Marcus honey don’t be a stranger now” She said as she waved goodbye. He nodded as he left and started to take the back way home. He liked taking this way through the forest it was relaxing and he really felt one at nature.

On the walk back home he saw a bird fly by making himself as he looked around. Suddenly a rustle was heard in the bush nearby as it shook. He walked over one eyebrow raised as suddenly a fluff of red hair came running out smashing into him. A tumble and a flop were heard as he felt someone on top of him. He looked up and saw those pretty blue eyes and red hair staring at him with a light blush on those cheeks it was Leah.

“Oh my gosh! Are you alright? “She asked him as she looked down. “I’m alright but could you get off of me” he said to her as he felt quiet uncomfortable at the position they were in. She blushed even more and got up off of him. He shook his head as she helped him up. “I’m so sorry Marcus I saw this really good looking spice berry but I accidently hit a bee’s nest and started to run for my life.” Marcus just chuckled lightly. “Or is this your way to bump into me?” He joked as she blushed more. “Hey Marcus would you like to join me for dinner? At my place maybe tonight?” She asked blushing as she put her left toe up turning it in the dirt looking at him hoping he would say yes. He blushed a bit but nodded in agreement. “Great! I’ll see you around 7 tonight then!” With that she ran off towards her place as Marcus placed his hands in his pockets smiling as he started to walk home.

Fear set in for Marcus as he walked down the path towards home. “A date ? Am I really going on a date with Leah ?” He asked himself as he looked around seemingly nervous . He had never really dated and this was all new to him. Yeah he was more concerned with schooling then girls and getting a job but the poor soul could only now think about what he should do.

“What should I do? Maybe I should bring some wine ? Perhaps dress nice or flowers. What should I do !” Yup it was basic first date fears in full force. Quickly he start to pick up his pace as he checked his time.

“Right shower first comb my hair and put on some nice but not to nice clothes.” He said as he saw the gate to his farm. Summer was always hot as can be but hey it couldn’t be helped as he rubbed the sweat off his face he smiled opening the door to his house.

“At least this shower will cool me off.” He said as he turned the nozzle low and behold his luck didn’t hold out as there was no water coming out. “What..Oh no…Robin must of turned the water off!” He said as he sighed. Luckly he had a decent size pond on the farm.” Taking fresh clothes and a few towels he walked out and jumped into the pond. “Holy smoked cows ! that’s cold water.” He said as he started to get cleaned up.

Cold and clean say the least he checked his time and noticed he would need to leave now. He stopped for a moment grabbing some fresh flowers that were growing nearby before leaving his place. Yes he felt confident, inspired, and ready to take on anything.

Suddenly Abigail walked past him on the way to Leah’s and smirked. “Good luck Marucs you know if you screw up on a first date the girl never forgives the guy.” She said as his mood changed from what it was to that of fear .

“What if I screw up? What if she never wants to talk to me? What if I become the laughing stock of the town!” Oh dear he now was truly in fear as he started to continue down the path his hands shaking as beads of sweat could be seen forming on his face.

One step after another his legs started to feel like stone as he saw her little cottage down by the lake. “Oh man this isn’t good I’ve never been on a date and I have no idea what to do!” He said just as he got to the door. He was about to knock when Leah opened the door dressed in the same dress she wore to the flower dance. “Uh..Hi marcus..I was..I just..I got dinner almost ready.” It would seem she too was just as nervous and seemed to have been waiting for him to come to the door.

He walked in and smiled. “Oh I uh I got these for you I thought you might like them” He said as he handed her the flowers blushing lightly. “Oh Marcus you didn’t have to do that. I love them.” She said hiding her face behind her long red hair that she had unbraided for tonight for him.

The smiles and soft eyes exchanged one another as they stood there. “Oh I’m so sorry Marcus please make yourself at home.” She said as she showed him in it was tiny but it seemed comfy as he sat down on the dining room chair. “It’s a nice cottage Leah.”

She blushed lightly at his comment before the phone rang. “Who would be calling me?” She said as she answered. An argument broke out on the phone as Leah started to get upset. “I’m not moving back ! Kel ! I told you what I wanted to do and I’m not your girlfriend anymore ! Now quit calling me !” She slammed the phone and started to cry a bit as Marcus got up and walked over to her hugging her close. “I’m sorry Leah.” He said as she slowly started to stop. “No its not you it’s my ex he wants me to move back to the city and get a real job but I don’t love him anymore or want to go back I love this place to much and I love..” She paused for a moment catching her words before blushing a bit.

“Anyway. Shall we eat ?” She asked as they sat down. “Yes lets eat. So we can enjoy this evening together.” The night went by as they talked and laughed it would seem to have been a lovely evening when it was finally late she looked at him and smiled as he stood at the door. “Marcus..Thank you” She said as she grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him in close kissing his lips passionately.

That night was just the beginning of a year full of surprises.

As of course with new romances also comes new bumps in the road. While things were looking up for Marcus a shadow soon began to form.

As it was Marcus and Leah had enjoyed a few more dates here and there during the middle part of summer from enjoying picnics near the lake to fun times at Gus's saloon life seemed perfect that was until the coming storm approached.

News had spread of a hurricane coming to hit the small community and everyone was sprinting to get things ready and set as they braced for the ensuring nightmare that was about to hit.

During which Marcus had been steadily busy helping Marnie and Shane get the animals on her ranch hunkered down. "Marcus do you think they will be alright cooped up in the barn?" Marnie had asked him. "I'm pretty sure they will with any luck this will just be a normal rain storm with a bit of wind." Nodding at each other they finished with the help from Shane. Now with storms like these you don't fool around and that is also true if you have housing near a river or the ocean luckily Willy and Elliot had already moved into the Saloon but as it was Leah was still in her little cottage.

"Leah please will you be reasonable and come stay at my place until the storm passes !" Marcus said but Leah replied. "No, I'm not going to leave my home here I've come to far to lose it all." Well as we know young love has its high points and low points. "So you are more worried about your things than your life ? Are you willing to throw away your life for items ? " He said to her as he stood in the door way his rain coat dripping. "Yes ! Yes I will !" She said in a fit of anger. "I see." Marcus's face turned white and light faded form his eyes. "I guess your stuff is more important than us." He turned his back and began to walk out no one could tell if that was rain on his face or tears as he left.

It was only then Leah realized what she had said gasping she quickly ran out the door to find him only to be greeted by an empty road and no sign of Marcus. "Marcus !" She cried out as she began to run towards the farm.

What had she done ? She had did the one thing that would hurt someone who loved you more than anything even material goods. By the time she had arrived at the farm and slammed open the door Marcus was no where to be seen.

Panic began to enter her mind as the storm worsened mayor Lewis was running up the pathway when he saw her and stopped. "Mayor Lewis ! Have you seen Marcus ?" she asked but only got the worst reply she could get "Marcus was suppose to be on his way into town to help shore up the bridges." with the rain falling it was only a matter of time before the river would start to rise and possibly take out the bridges that connected the town together.

Quickly she ran into town seeing that familiar raincoat. Marcus was busy helping the others with sandbags when she grabbed him by the shoulder. "Marcus !" Just as she said that Vincent the little boy who was brother to Sam fell into the raging river.

Before he could think Marcus threw off his coat and jumped into the raging river. It was a few minutes and still no sign of him or Vincent could be seen until both of them surfaced. Quickly Marcus swam over to the shore line as he held onto a root he handed Vincent to Clint. The water icy cold and the river getting worse Marcus looked up at Leah and just for that brief second time froze as she began to reach for him the root broke and he fell back in.

Whisked away in the river Marcus vanished as Leah screamed out his name as the town grew silent. Lewis placed one hand on Leah's shoulder as she cried.

As the storm raged it was to dangerous for anyone to be outside. Every villager hunkered down in the saloon fearing the worst as they all had seen Marcus swept away.

Whispers could be heard "No one could survive that" one voice said. "There are to many rocks I fear he's gone." Leah still in grief made a fist as her hand began to shake she quickly bolted up and shouted. "Shut up, Shut up all of you ! Marcus is " she began to sniffle as tears rolled down her face. "Marucs is still alive !" She yelled before her grief finally took over and she passed out.

After hearing her the villagers all grieved with her as Marcus had become apart of the community despite the short time he had been there. Gus opening up a bottle of whiskey poured a few glasses as some raised glasses in his honor.

As the hours went by the storm finally let up and the sun could be seen through the little cracks in the boarded up windows. Everyone walked outside Leah still in shock helped by Emily and Maru looked around. Surprisingly a few minor cosmetic damages could be seen but the town was in one piece.

"Everyone today we shall grieve for Marcus and pray his spirit finds a way." Lewis said when the soft spoken Clint spoke up. "No ! I've never been a man to speak up but we need to find him ! Then we can know for sure if he is alive or dead !"

The villagers all agreed and began to fan out. Each one calling his name out as they walked along the river that lead to the ocean. The day went by slowly until Vincent and Jas came across Marcus on the beach. Quickly they ran back into town yelling to everyone that he had been found. Slowly he woke up something in his hand Marcus sat up looking out at the ocean before looking down at his hand a pendent of some kind he held.

"Oh my head I'm amazed I got through that" He said to himself as he turned his head to left only to be talked by the kids laughing as both of them got upset he gave them a hug before standing up with only a few cuts and bruises he waved to everyone as he started to slowly walk towards them.

"Hey ! I'm still here !" He yelled as everyone smiled and laughed the men shook his hand as the women gave him hugs it was a joyful event then a voice could be heard from behind them. Marcus worked his way through and saw Leah running towards him he smiled as he ran towards her.

Tears flowing down her cheeks she jumped into his arms knocking him down into the sand the pendent falling out of his hand Leah just held onto to him tightly." I'm sorry I'm sorry !" she kept saying to him as he only smiled before he sat her up and looked into her tear soaked eyes. "I know, I love you Leah" he said to her as she turned bright red. Lewis had walked up to them after picking up the pendant and handed it to Marcus. "I think this is yours." Marcus looked up and took the pendant. "I guess it is but what is it ?" Lewis chuckled and then smiled. "Its a mermaid pendant its what we use to purpose around these parts." Quickly Marcus's face turned bright red but then smiled as he looked over at Leah. He handed it to her and asked. "Leah I know its been a short while but. Will you marry me?"

Her cheeks bright red as her blue eyes looked down at the pendant. At first Leah didn't know what to say she held the pendant to her heart then smiled. "I will but only under one condition." "What is it?" Marcus asked. "I want us to be married after the flower dance and before then you have to prove to me just as I have to prove to you that we will always trust in each other between now and then." Marcus smiled and nodded "I think I can agree to that condition."

That day the sun was bright as everyone laughed and cheered and a party began to celebrate the events of the day. Music and dancing fresh food and new hopes and dreams before long it seemed everyone was paring up to dance the night away. Maru and Harvey enjoyed the slow dance where Haley and Alex enjoyed the fast, Emily and Clint could be seen sitting next to each other on the dock while Abigail and Sebastien looked up at the star lit sky. Penny and Sam sat in a tree over looking the festivities while Elliot smiled with a new face holding his arm.

Many questions would be answered in due time such as who was this new girl with Elliot and how Marcus got a hold of that pendant but for now this night the only thing that mattered was Marcus and Leah sitting on the beach his arms around hers as they looked on past the horizon as the moon kissed the sea and stars were seen shooting across the sky.

Things were changing for Pelican town and new lives were about to begin and soon the dance of the moon light jellies would be approaching.

The next day Marcus was sitting on the front porch of his cabin one fit dangling while the other one was bent up to his chest looking at the damage his crop fields had taken while a piece of wheat could be seen dangling from his mouth. Old Jeb was walking up as Marcus smirked he was taking a few days off to let himself heal up from the battering he took but to also take in account the events that had unfolded. "Hey Marcus seems like you lost the rest of your summer crop hmm?" Jeb asked him. Marcus only chuckled as he leaned back before looking at Jeb.

"Well it isn't a total loss I still made enough to buy the next seasons seeds and pocket enough to buy food and even upgrade me house. As a matter of fact Robin should be coming by with her catalog so we can go over what design I want to do." Jeb sat down next to him and chuckled patting him on the back.

"So I heard you had quiet an adventure? Saving kids, Being taken out to sea getting engaged sounds like you enjoy the fast life huh ?" Marcus laughed but then held his ribs "Oh ow don't make me laugh to hard I still have a few bruised ribs and Harvey wants me to not strain myself to after the festival. But yes indeed Though I prefer the slow steady pace of farm life and of this valley." Jeb and him looked out across the fields and smiled.

"You know kid at first I wasn't to sure you were going to make it out here I mean a kid from the city coming out here to be a farmer of all things ? I was sure you were going to quit after the first three weeks here." Jeb said before standing up and dusting himself off. "But you know kid I'm glad you proved me wrong." With that Jeb left heading off towards the path to continue doing his rounds. Marcus slowly got up and looked towards Jeb he bowed respectively to the man as he walked off thanking him for what he said.

As the days went on the town was back to normal and with each passing day Marcus healed up nicely. Soon the week of the festival was here and our little farmer was seen outside in his fields clearing away logs and trees but this time he was not alone.

Leah along with Vincent and Jas were also out there helping him each with a smile as big as could be on their faces but before long the rest of the town was there helping get the fields back up and into shape as a big feast was soon laid out before them.

During the feast Marcus stood up to give a speech. "I want to personally thank everyone here. When I first came here I did not think I would fit in let alone make such wonderful and caring friends no not friends family."

A few tears could be seen rolling down his cheek. "I will never forget what everyone here has done for me and taught me. It has not just been me who has changed but the whole town that has changed as we have tightened our bounds together and become more than just a community."

He than sat back down as Leah rested her head on his shoulder a roaring applause was heard as everyone took what he said to heart it had been so long since Pelican town has really been this much of a community.

Yet their was still those that wished to see this community torn apart such as one man who could be seen dressed in a black suit and another who came all the way from ZuZu city. Who knows what would happen next with these two and what they were plotting together but for now it was only time to enjoy what was left of summer and prepare for the festival and fall.

It was now getting closer to fall the leaves changing color the light chill in the air summer was coming to an end and it was a summer to remember for all.

The town was busy with the hustle and bustle of setting up for the dance of the moonlight jellies people were cooking and going over events even the children were in on the fun building little candle boats to set sail out on the ocean.

As for Marcus he was at home pacing back and forth as Jeb sat at the little table. "Marcus why are you even nervous ? I'm sure she will like it." Marcus stopped then looked over at Jeb. "I don't know it she will she's an artist and me well. I'm just a farmer I don't have any talent in this stuff." Jeb only laughed as he got up and patted him on the back. "Marcus she'll love anything you give her she's that type of girl just as you love anything she gives you." With that said Jeb took his leave as Marcus sat down at the table looking over at package he had wrapped before letting out a sigh.

"Three more days until the festival." He said before he got up and grabbed his back pack. "Well I can't worry on it now I best head up into the mountains and see if I can forge up something to sell since my crops are gone for now."

As he left he took a look back at the southern woods and smiled before hiking up the mountain trail in search of spice berries, Sweet peas, and wild grapes that were prized for making great jams and wines and sweet bouquets.

Long and gone Leah came walking up to the farm knocking three times that would signal to Marcus it was her yet no answer could be heard before she opened the door. "Marcus are you home ?" She said as she entered the house was empty his pack gone she knew he had left for the mountains when she spied a package in the corner she walked over and saw the tag "To Leah with all my love" she read and only smiled. "I know what I can do I'll clean up the house and have dinner waiting for him when he comes back" She said to herself as if getting ready for when they would be husband and wife.

Meanwhile up in the mountains it was calm and cool a light breeze kissed the trees and Marcus walked picking up what he found and storing it in his pack. This would be his last forge hunt before fall and what a haul it was. "This will defiantly give me a little extra boost to make fall a good season."

Sure enough as he walked towards Robins house he saw her carrying some blueprints when she waved to him. "Marcus just in time you saved me a trip I have the blueprints for your house upgrade." He smiled as they sat down under a tree robin went on about the bigger kitchen and even throwing in a queen sized bed while going over the time it would take saying it would done and ready by the first of fall.

Laughter was heard as they caught up on things such as Maru almost burning down the house and Robins new saws to Marcus's thumb accident when repairing the fences. Surely enough the sun was starting to set as he slung his backpack over his shoulder and gave her a hug. "I'll see you tomorrow then and thank you I would only trust you with this job." He said as he started back towards home. "I know and thank you Marcus for all you've done" She called back.

Finally home Marcus unloaded his pack into the selling bin when he noticed a light on in his place slowly he walked up and smiled thinking it was Jeb since they met they had become good friends and would normally shared a drink once or twice a week. "Jeb I hope you brought stronger stuff then.." he stopped in mid sentence seeing Leah cooking at the small kitchen she smiled at him. "Well I'm not Jeb but I did bring some homemade spice berry wine." He smiled at her as he sat his pack down and walked over placing one hand on her cheek he kissed her lightly before looking over at the cooking pot. "Well I will say this your better than Jeb and very very welcomed surprise to come home to."

She lightly blushed as she took the lid off the smell of curry and rice filled the room as Marcus went over and sat at the table. "I thought it would be good practice. You know when we get married." She said as she looked at him then over at the package.

"So tell me honey what is in the package over there ?" she said playfully. Gulping and quickly looking over towards the package as a few sweat drops began to form on his face before he grinned and looked back at her. "Ah ha ! Now I know your plan butter me up with good food and wine to get me to tell you whats in that package !" He said jokingly as she puffed out her cheeks then folded her arms. "Oh shoot ! You've found out my plan ! I'll have to try other means to make you talk " She said with an evil grin.

Oh what a nightmare this would be as they sat down and ate and sure enough laughter could be heard as She tried every which way to get him to talk in the end it was a very fun night for both of them as they shared a bed. Looking over at him she smiled as he looked back at her. "Marcus why did you pick me ?" He smiled as he looked up at the ceiling. "Because my heart told me too. When I saw that first time my heart said to me that you were the one I wanted to spend my life with." Word spoken true Leah scooted closer to him and smiled nuzzling into his chest releasing a deep sigh.

A few days went by and it was time of the festival everyone was down at the beach just as the sun was setting music could be heard as everyone enjoyed good food and good times talking about summer and what all had happen.

Finally able to break away Marcus went over the pier where Leah was sitting and mayor Lewis called out "Its time to start let the candle lit boats go." As they sailed off into the sea light glows could be seen as the jellies started to come up towards the docks and the piers Marcus and Leah sat close to each other her head resting on his shoulder as their hands laced together looked on.

A rare jelly swam up right next to them which was a good omen for anyone as they would be blessed with joy and luck.

The town had changed and for the better as the next generation began to finally form the new girl named Lacy had come from ZuZu city to enjoy a life here in stardew valley making crafts and following her dream she was actually an old friend of Elliot's who invited her out here.

"Well well it seems that you all are quiet enjoying yourselves tonight." A voice said from behind them. "As a token of tonight's festivities I would like to offer a seventy-five percent discount at Joja mart" The man in a black suit named Morris said as he offered out coupons. An attempt to get people to shop only their and break the community apart that was what Joja was all about at least in the eyes of some.

Fall was coming and soon winter and only time would tell if Pelican town would remain a community or fall apart.

The night had gone wonderfully everyone enjoyed themselves and sure enough Summer had come and gone. The crisp wind in the air sent a cool kiss down upon the valley as the leaves changed color fall was here.

A few days had passed and during the morning Marcus was up going over his check list he had made from the past seasons he had learned that a check list always made the job go much easier and fall was going to be the first season he would use it.

"Alright fields check, Fences check, New sprinklers installed check. Alright everything looks good" He said to himself when Robin replied "I know, Nothing beats the look of birch with its fine grains." Feeling slightly silly for forgetting robing was there putting the final touches on the new extension to the house Marcus only chuckled before waving to her and heading into town.

"Oh yeah. The fall weather is by far the best for me" Talking to himself once again such a silly fellow but then again he was born in the fall so it would be no shock that he enjoyed the season.

Once in town he greeted some of the town's folk from Caroline to Sam to even Pam he made his way over to Pierre's and walked in. "Well if it isn't farmer Marcus I take it your here to get your fall seeds right ?" Pierre said with a grin and gold wanting hands. "Right you are here is me list." Marcus said handing it over to him. As Pierre went over the list Marcus looked around at the shelves while waiting when Abigail slowly came up behind him. "Marcus !" She said scaring the poor man half to death as he lost his balance falling to the floor.

"Gah ! Abby ! I sware you going to kill me one day." Abigail only laughed and helped him up. "So Marcus rumor has it Leah might be not so perfect." Having been helped back up by her he paused for a moment and looked at her. "What do you mean ?" Abby's face went from playful to serious. "Marcus please just don't take this the wrong way but some guy has been going to and from her cabin sometimes late at night and early in the morning."

The news was a shock to him but before he could reply to Abby Pierre came up. "Alright everything is ready and here is the bill." Giving Abby the worried look he paid Pierre and grabbed his supplies and headed for him.

"What did she mean by that ? Could it be some nut spying on her ? A peeping tom ? I don't think Leah is the type to cheat on someone." Oh dear oh dear those questions entered his mind as he walked back and started to plant his seeds.

Later during the day Jeb came by with a few letters that he was asked to deliver to Marcus. "Oi ! Marcus I got some mail for yeah one addressed from a certain red head lass that has the hots for ya." He chuckled as he jumped over the fence and patted Jeb on the shoulder taking the letter. "Jeb you old romantic you." He said jokingly before opening the letter.

Out came the pendant that he had given her and a letter. "Marcus. I'm sorry but I can't marry you. Please understand I can't." His face pale as freshly fallen snow he fell to his knee's as Jeb took the letter and read over it. "Marcus ! This has to be a fake we both know our Leah would never do this." Still he was in shock with what Abby had said and now this. Slapping him hard on the back Jeb managed to knock some sense back into him.

"R-Right" Jeb then pulled him up onto his feet. "Come now lets go down to her cabin and get the honest truth !"

Together they marched down there questions in his mind that needed to be answered who was the man seen sneaking around and why all of the sudden this would happen ?

Knocking on the door Leah responded. "Who is it ?" Jeb folded his arms before answering back. "Jeb lass with a crushed Marcus. Did you really send back his pendant ?" There was a long pause for the longest time before sounds of crying could be heard. "Yes, Yes I did I had to. You have to understand its for your safety ! Now go away !"

Jeb paused for a moment as Marcus looked at the door. "Leah. If I am in danger being with you then I will gladly accept that danger. If you only did this to protect me then you do know that I can protect myself as well as you." There was another pause before the door slightly opened her face turned away from them. "For the last time. Go away ! I don't love you and I never did ! I only used you for my own personal gain !" She then slammed the door as Marcus and Jeb turned to each other.

"At times like these I think a cold brew will do to mull over things." Jeb said as he grabbed Marcus by the shoulder and pulled him away. Jeb then yelled back. "Don't worry ! We'll find a way !" With that they left the area Marcus crushed as he had never heard such words from anyone like that before was this the end for them ? But what did Leah mean by his own safety ?"

Walking into the saloon Jeb ordered them both a pale ale while he sat Marcus down who was in shock at the table. "Marcus come on you know she's hidden something." He said as he slid him the glass. "But. Abby said she saw a man coming to and from her house. What if she really did find someone else?" Just then Jeb stood up and slapped Marcus across the face.

"If ya gonna be that blind to the truth then ya don't deserve her !" With a loud flop Jeb sat back down as Marcus held his cheek before looking down at the ale. Suddenly Shane walked over along with Cliff and Sam and all sat down.

"Bruhh I need another drink." Shane said as he leaned on the chair looking at them. Sam smirked before leaning down on the table. "Hey Marcus seems like you've got woman troubles ? Can we help ?" While Cliff sat there for a moment. "Oh sure you'll help him with his troubles but not mine." Suddenly Cliff was shoved into his drink by Shane. "Your a lost cause Cliff." He said before looking back at Marcus. "So. She dumped you ?" Jeb smirked before folding his arms and looking at them. "No more like someone is bullying Leah into not being with Marcus forcing her to give back the pendant and what not." Sam, Shane, and Cliff looked at Jeb then looked at Marcus and as if reading each others mind's yelled at him at the same time "Idiot !" Having them all yell at him though made him fall out of his chair. Sam grabbed Marcus by the shirt and pulled him up. "Dude ! You have to fight for your girl ! I mean if you can call yourself a man then you have to !" Shane and cliff nodded in agreement.

Marcus still looking down clutched a fist that then began to shake. "Alright fine ! Then I need your help ! Abby said she had seen a guy going to and from Leah's house ! Have any of you noticed someone new in town ?" They all stopped to think for a moment. "I was to hammered to notice." Shane said then cliff shook his head while Sam was still thinking. "Come to think of it I did see a strange dude walking around town looked like he had just been giving a sour joja cola with a side of cold nachos." Well that was one way to put things.

Suddenly a man came bursting in laughing as he walked over to Marcus. "Well well if it isn't the country bumpkin that's been making moves on my girl !" he then leaned down "Names Kel and I've come to deliver a warning. Stay away from Leah if you know whats good for you. After all she'll be moving back to the city with me."

Hearing what Kel said Marcus folded his arms and leaned back before Leah came in shocked to see Kel there. "Kel ! You you promised to leave him alone !" Utter shock and worry was on her face when he walked over to her. "Listen babe. I do what I want when I want and if you get out line again well I'd hate to see what happens."

Leah then shoved him forcing him to land on the table. "Why you little !" Quickly he got up and raised his hand as about to hit her across the face when another hand grabbed his wrist. "Hey. Leave my wife alone !" Quickly Kel turned around only to get clocked in the face forcing him to land hard on the floor. Marcus had found his courage as it would seem but it would now have to be a test of his skill to manage this.

Kel got right back up and swung a fist at him hitting him across the check. Stumbling a bit he shook of the hit as everyone watched. Another swing and miss for Marcus but as Kel went in for another hit he blocked his fist with his arm landing a knee blow to the gut causing him to fall onto the ground holding his stomach. "There. Its over you're beaten." Marcus said before turning towards Leah and the others.

"Its not that easy Farmer boy !" Quickly Kel drew a knife and charged at him only to have Marcus move out of the way and grab his arm throwing him into the door causing him to go flying out where two state trooper were waiting arresting him.

Panting and wheezing a bit Marcus rested himself on his knees before laughing a bit. "Well thats my first fight I've ever won." The guys started laughing as Leah ran over and held him tight. "Marcus are you alright ?" He nodded before standing straight up and looked at her. "Wha-Whats wrong ?" She asked before the stern look he was giving her.

"I'm disappointed. I'm sorry but I am. Why couldn't you trust me, trust in us ?" he said as he folded his arms. She looked down fighting back tears. "You're right..I..I'm sorry." He shook his head then reached into his pocket. "Sorry doesn't cut it."

She then sat down on the chair still looking down. "I..I guess I ended us huh ?" there was no answer but the sound of something jingling in front of her. She looked up and saw the pendant in front of her. Quickly she grabbed it then looked up at him his hand resting on his thigh as the other one dangled in the air. "Ended huh ? No I think its just beginning but we have a long way to go such as learning to trust one another."

Smiling she jumped up planting a kiss on his lips. Well at least one problem was solved but it seemed there would be many more coming. Little did they know from the shadow of the saloon Morris watched ever so closely. What was his plans what was he thinking ?

Everyone knew that Joja had wanted to buy Marcus's land and that of the old community center. So now the real questions were forming.

A few days had passed since the incident at the saloon and Marcus was out and about tending to his crops while looking over at Leah who had been visiting him just about everyday. Then again who could blame them despite their short time together they've gone through a lot a young couple shouldn't have to go through.

"So is your cottage setup for winter ?" He asked as he sat down beside her on the deck. Leah looked down with a frown. "I don't know to be honest I mean the past few nights its been really cold in there and personally Robin said there wasn't much she could do to winterize the place."

Leaning back Marcus smirked looking up at the sky. "Well why don't you stay with me for the rest of the season and winter ?" Well that was one way to ask and rather straight forward.

Blushing before smiling at him she nodded in agreement. "So you don't have any problem with me staying with you ?" Laying down on the deck he chuckled at her. "Well um we are getting married right ?" He asked. She then tilted her head. "Yes we still are." He then rested his arm across his eyes. "Well there is your answer if anything we are just making it easier to move things while it cool." Well Leah hadn't thought of it that way but it did make sense.

Laying down resting her head on his chest she sighed happily. "Its hard to think that I've been here just as long as you have and we are already getting married." Marcus looked down at her. "Well we did make that promise when we were kids all those years ago." she nodded and then sat up.

"Well I better go start packing things up then so we can get everything moved." Slowly she got up and Marcus sat up and smiled. "Alright I'll be down there after I finish up the little bit left I have to do."

Leah smiled then ran off towards his cottage while Marcus got up and stretched grabbing his axe he started to finish up cutting the wood for winter.

Later that day Marcus, Sam, Shane, Jeb, Emily, Haley, Maru, just about all the young couples were at Leah's laughing and talking while packing and moving stuff. "Marcus you lucky dog you !" Alex said slapping him on the back as the guys were laughing while loading furniture onto a wagon Marine had let them barrow. "So what ? When are you gonna man up Alex and ask Hale ? " Marcus said before seeing Alex turn bright red then try to play it off as a joke before looking back over to Haley and smiling. "I don't know I mean what can I offer her ?" Marcus leaned on the side of the wagon then looked towards Haley. "Your love, your devotion, and your support." Alex smiled at Marcus as Sebastian wheezed and panted putting a box up on the wagon. "I'm already ahead of you Alex I asked Abby out on a date to the fall fair."

Looking at Seb Alex snorted then folded his arms. "Yeah well I bet the other guys haven't asked any of the other girls out yet." Shane leaned on the side of the wagon and chuckled. "Yeah I mean your the only one who hasn't asked your girl out I mean everyone else has even I've asked out Lucy." Alex was now getting mad before he looked over at Elliot. "Well what about Elliot ?" as if trying to make a point when a girl with dark black hair walked over wrapping her arms around Elliot. "Oh well his fiance is moving out here her name is Mary." Shane said pointing at the woman who was smiling while hugging him. "Oh man !!!" Well Alex was in a tight spot before gaining the courage to walk over towards Haley.

Of course the guys all hanging around the Wagon watched when Alex turned around looking at them and sure enough Sam smirked and brought the group into a song. "Baby will you be mine and give me that loving feeling." Forcing Alex to blush as the other girls watched on as if rooting for them both.

"Haley ! W-will you go with me to the fair? A-as on a date ?" he asked as the singing stopped and silence filled the air. "I'd love to you." she replied as everyone broke out in cheer. They we're of course the next generation of pelican town.

It was getting dark now and everything had been moved in and everyone was sitting down at a big bonfire talking about this year so far. "You know Marcus if you hadn't come here you would of never giving me the courage to ask Emily out." Clint had said while sharing a pale ale with everyone. "Yeah you know its kinda cool to see all of us now well what we are now." Sam said as everyone chit chatted more and laughed this was the start of a new era for everyone.

"So I guess everything is going to change now huh ?" Marcus said while Leah was leaning on him fast asleep. Everyone agreed with what he said when Shane stood up. "A toast Bruhhh as to why I'm toasting cause I'm thristy ! To all of us and the better change's we are about to enter !" Everyone that was still awake rose their glasses before taking a drink. Soon everyone left in good spirits while Marcus carried Leah into their house putting her to bed he walked over to the sofa a pillow in hand along with a blanket despite they we're now living together he rather she enjoy the bed while he took to the sofa.

It was late now when Leah walked into the living room and ran her finger tips across his cheek she knelt down and kissed his cheek. "Thank you." She whispered into his ear before walking back into the bedroom.

A few days had gone by as the crops that Marcus had planted started to grow. Yams, eggplants, corn, and wheat were in full action. Adjusting to their new life together Leah and Marcus were enjoying a cup of coffee out on the deck. Robin was sweet enough to make them a bench to sit on as a house warming gift and was perfect for early morning days watching the fields as deer and other animals enjoyed their breakfasts. Leaning into him Leah smiled and let out a relaxed sigh.

"So is that what our life is going to be like relaxing mornings, farming, and just pure bliss ?" Marcus smiled as he put his arm around her sipping his coffee. "I guess so. I can at least say this I could get very used to this." Leah let out a light little giggle before getting up. "So need a refill dear ?" Shaking his head no he handed her his cup. "Well those fields are not going to take care of them selves." He said while getting up and stretching. Smiling she walked over and raising up on her tip toe's she gave him a kiss before looking into his eyes. "Don't work to hard."

Smiling he grabbed his tools and backpack he started to head out to the west field that was in dire need of being cleared. Trees, stumps, stones, and weeds was what the challenge was but it was prime land for setting up a barn and coop for animals. Marcus also knew having a few animals on the farm would cover costs during winter when nothing could grow. First he would work on the trees and stumps for today seeing they were the vast majority of things covering this plot.

A few hours went by before Leah walked out onto the deck and called out to him. "Marcus ! Come and get some lunch !" Hearing her sweet voice call out to him he slammed his axe into the stump and started to walk back. He wondered what she had made hopefully that spice berry salad that was his favorite and he had stocked up on spice berries before the end of summer.

Coming in the table had been set a fresh fall salad lay before him seasoned with Leah's own blend of salad dressing she made from scratch. Sitting down they both smiled enjoying the rather tasty lunch. Now some people would ask if Marcus always liked salads and yes he did and Leah sometimes would put some fresh fish in with it or she would make a tasty stew or soup. Of course it wouldn't seem odd Leah knew quiet a few recipes even though she had been secretly getting lessons from Gus to make a diverse menu to help keep Marcus going.

As the days went on it was coming close to the fall festival and Marcus had growing some rather great looking pumpkins, eggplants, yams, and corn along with some of his better ones from summer.

It was a late evening and the guys were down at the beach sitting around the campfire near Elliot's house. "So guys what are your plans for winter ?" Marcus had asked. Shane smiled as he looked into the flames. "Bruh..Well I'm going to start on building a house near my aunt's place. Being with Lucy has made me really rethink my life she even got me to stop drinking." The guys smiled and nodded.

"Its good to hear she turned your life around." Elliot said while looking over at his house. "Mary is finishing up packing up her stuff and will be officially here in a couple of days." Leaning back on a leg Sam chuckled. "Well you all know Penny and me have been dating for awhile ?" All the guys nodded. "Well I'm going to ask her to marry me at the fair." All the guys raised their can's of beer yelling cheers while laughing.

"What about you Seb?" Sam asked. "Eh I don't know maybe work on my programming or bike. Maybe take Abby out on the bike. I don't know." They then looked over at Harvey. "So doc rumor has it you purpose to Maru. Is it true ?" Marcus asked before taking a sip from his beer can. "Well..I..I can so its not true." Slamming his hand on the leg Sam chuckled. "Ah ha ! We have you now ! Besides Elliot and Marcus we can now add your name to soon to be husbands !" Harvey blinked for a moment before breaking out into laughter as he acknowledged that the rumors were true.

Finally it came down to Clint and Alex everyone there knew Alex had finally asked Haley out so there was really one question to be answered as they all looked at Clint. "What ?" he said. "Well don't keep us in the dark man ! What have you planned for Emily ?" Looking down at his beer can he seemed to be in deep thought. "Well I thought about making her an amethyst pendent and well yes I've just about finished and well oh come on guys this isn't fair." All the guys started to chanting tell us tell us and finally he gave in. "I'm gonna give it to her before the fair !" he yelled out before taking a long swig from his beer can. "Aw man everyone has these awesome plan's for their girls and I'm just stuck here just asking Haley out..I need some ideas."

All of them nodding went silent before going into deep thought. "What about a poem ?" Elliot asked. "Or how I make her something for you?" Clint asked. Everyone thought up of something before Shane weighed in. "Just be yourself and think what can you give her that means the most to you. Marcus gave his heart to Leah through just being with her. Just like all the rest of us." Alex folded his arms before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a ring. "I could give her this. It was my moms." They all agreed that would be the best gift since it meant a lot to him.

The night had gone by talking about things joking around and laughing. A few more days had gone by and it was the day of the fair Leah and Marcus were setting up their booth and putting together their display to be judged. There was people from all over looking at the booths while Marcus offered samples from the farm and Leah showed off her latest pieces of artwork.

Clint and Emily we're walking around and low and behold she was wearing the pendent he had made for her. "Well I'll be he was able to do it." Marcus said as he leaned on the hay bail. "What ?" Leah asked as she leaned back looking at them. "See the pendent ? Clint made that for her." She smiled as she watched them. "Aww I know how hard it is for Clint to even talk to her." She then got one of those evil grins on her face. "Why didn't you make me one." Leaning on the table Marcus looked back at her. "But you already have a pendent." Pointing at her mermaid pendent. " I know. You've given me more than I could ever ask for." Smiling at each other they went back to working laughing and talking with people. Soon the fair was coming to a close Marcus had won a big fluffy stuff bunny for Leah and they had won third place in the display contest. All in all it had been a good day.

Walking home they passed by Morris who had a twisted grin on his face as he turned around to look at them. "Mr Marcus I hope you're doing well with your farm." He said before turning around and walking off. "What did he mean by that ?" Leah asked as they made it to the farm.

"I don't know." He said as they walked in and sat down on the sofa. "I wouldn't worry about it after all we did really good getting the farm's name out there and your artwork." She smiled at him. "Yeah it was a really good day indeed."

The next morning was a very bitter cold sort of morning as knock was heard on the door. Marcus opened the door and there stood Morris with the governor and a piece of paper. "Well well Mr Marcus it would seem you didn't file your paperwork correctly." he said with an evil grin. "What do you mean ?" The governor cleared his throat. "Are you married ?" Marcus shook his head. "Then can you explain why their is a woman living with you ?" Marcus leaned on the door. "She's me fiance she's staying with me for the winter." The governor looked down not happy with what Morris was doing. "My boy I really do not want to do this but you are to be fined two hundred and fifty thousand gold for this and I fear if you can not pay this fine then I will be force to put this farm up for auction. " His eyes widening he almost fell backwards. "I..I don't have that kind of money." Morris only grinned more. "You could just get it over and sell the land to me after all Joja is the superior choice so might as well not compete with us anymore." The governor's hands were tied. "You have one week to pay the fine after that we'll be starting the auction for this farm." Taking his hat off his frowning clearly seen he sighed before giving a heart felt goodbye and leaving as Morris followed laughing.

Leah had been listening all along when Marcus closed the door and just stared at it. "Marcus this is all my fault ! If we hadn't of done this your farm, you wouldn't of been put in such a mess." Marcus only shook his head before looking at her smiling.

"No. This was the best choice I ever made. You're my soul mate I would gladly give up this farm if it meant staying with you for the rest of my life." Tears began to roll down her face as she leaned into his chest. "What are we going to do ! I don't want to lose our home." He placed his arms around her and sighed. "I don't know." he said as the bitter wind began to blow.

Fear had set in with Leah. Thinking this was all her fault yet strangely enough Marcus was calm and cool. "Marcus ! Why are you not panicking. I mean we are about to loose our home and there is nothing we can do about it."

He just smiled as he walked over to her and held her tight in his arms. "Now then. One thing you know about me is I do not know when to quit or give up." She snuggled deep into his chest and let out a sigh strangely enough she felt safer and calmer in his arms. "Alright. We can find a way to do this." She said smiling.

"So what should we do?" She asked as she let go of him and started to pace trying to think. "Well at times like these I think a visit to Lewis is in due course." She nodded with what he said and they both left heading for town.

Heading to the mayoral mansion they walked in and saw Lewis. "Lewis ! we need your help !" Leah said holding back tears. "What's wrong ? Having issues on what to have for dinner?" They both shook their heads no and went into the long detail of what had happened.

Holding his chin and pacing back and forth he let out a sigh. "I know the laws of this land but that is a very old old law that is never enforced until now it would seem. That was a dirt trick that Morris did." He shook his head then looked at them. "I'm sorry kids my hands are tied just as much as the governors" What little hope they had had vanished.

Folding his arms Marcus got up. "Well there is only one thing we can do." Grabbing his miners helmet and pick axe he looked over at Leah who nodded with him. "Right I'll see what I can dig up in the forest while you see what you can dig up in the mines."

Quickly they left as Lewis seemed to still be lost in thought. Hours went by as Leah searched far and wide collecting what she could. She was a very good at foraging finding the very best quality in rare woodland plants. Meanwhile Marcus was deep in the mines the sound of his pick axe hitting stone as sparks flew he had found a few diamonds but it wasn't enough to cover the cost.

"I got to keep going. I wonder how Marcus is doing though I hope he's alright those mines are a dangerous place." Leah said to herself as she collected truffles which fetched a high price. The benefit of being a master at foraging is not needing a pig to find truffles. "I hope she's alright but I have to keep fighting on." Marcus had thought to himself while fighting slime's but as it was time was slowly running out. Unable to go on Marcus climbed back out of the mine

Panting and wheezing he flopped down on the grass trying to catch his breath as Leah came walking up and sitting down beside him. "Are you okay ?" She asked him as she looked down at the rather tired and injured Marcus. "I'll survive. How about you ?" Leah's face was covered in dirt and her hands cut and dirty from digging and pushing thorny bushes aside to get to stuff.

"I'll be okay." She said while soaking her hands in the lake. "Marcus we are going to lose the farm aren't we ?" He sat up and let out a sigh. "I don't know for the first time in a long time I don't have an answer and to be honest I'm very scared." That was the first time he had ever admitted he was scared as her eyes widened she knew things were dire.

"I guess we'll have to move into my old cottage huh ?" Marcus laughed and smiled. "Yeah I guess we'll have to and I'll have to take up being an artist." They both laughed. "Don't worry honey I'll teach you." she said as she leaned into his shoulder.

Through every hardship they both had gone through this was the worst seeing Marcus broken like that to have him admit he was scared to her meant he really trusted her and instead of holding things back a few tears rolled down his cheek.

Never had anyone seen tears roll down his cheeks the last time he could even remember being like this was when his grandpa passed away all those years ago. Wiping away the tears she placed her hand on his cheek then kissed him. "We'll make it we always do." reassuring him that thing's were going to get better.

"Alright." He said as he got up and offered her his hand. They started to walk home together talking about what they should do and they could do. It seemed surely hopeless but at least they had each other.

As they made it to the main gate Marcus let out a deep sigh as he looked up at the sky. "I'm sorry grandpa I failed you." Leah leaned into him as they continued to walk when all of the sudden they saw a group of people at their house.

It was everyone from pelican town and they all were smiling as Marcus and Leah walked up towards them. Jeb was there also with Lewis as he handed them a package. "This is from all of us. This farm is as much apart of the community as you two are." Sam walked up and grinned as he patted Marcus on the shoulder. "Yeah dude I mean you're like a brother to all of us guys and when our brother is in trouble we gotta like pull together ya know." Everyone agreed and said to both them that they were family and that they wouldn't let anything happen to them. Marcus fell to his knee's in shock before crying as Leah knelt down holding him close. "Thank you." She said to them as she tried to fight back her tears but couldn't

Everyone just smiled and gathered around them offering hugs and warm smiles as Lewis saw the governor walking up smiling he handed him the package. "Paid in full" he said as the governor smiled and nodded.

Finally they had found their home among pelican town with the villagers there it had been a long hard fought road and everyone came out for the better and there was still so much to do.

But this wasn't the end oh no not at all as Morris had gotten word to what had happened sitting in his office he began to plot his next move.

Since the days that passed since Leah and Marcus got their home back it was a time of peace. The community had never been so close before as everyone seemed to be helping each other out. The boys were working on Pam and Penny's trailer fixing it up for them. While Leah and the girls enjoyed more time closer together teaching each other their trades. Leah taught painting and art, Maru engineering and experimentation, Haley showed them about fashion, Emily also showed them how to make their own clothes were Abby showed them the mysteries of the paranormal and Penny on how to teach and raise children.

Things were good but still the community center, the heart of the town lay in ruin. Marcus was standing outside the door when he gently pushed on it. It opened yet it was suppose to be lock. Curious this was as for certain it felt as if something was drawing him in.

Taking a step in there was barely any light save the holes through the boarded up windows and holes in the roof. Suddenly the door slammed shot as quickly as he turned around. Trying to open the door seemed to not be an option as it felt jammed. A voice echoed from the shadows. "The one whom I've foreseen. The boy who left a child and returned a man, Who's heart was always here and dared to take up the challenge that his grandfather left, Who made a promise to a little girl and fulfilled it." The man who had been in shadows walked out dressed in rather odd clothes. "Who are you ?" Marcus asked as the man grinned. "I am Rasmodius keeper of the arcane arts, Medium of spirits, Master of the elements, Caller of well you get it." Marcus placed his hands on his hips with his turned to the side after hearing all that. "So your a wizard?" The man nodded before looking over him. "Yes yes I see it you have the ability and I know you can help." Before Marcus could respond the wizard placed a spell upon him uttering words not understood by mortal ears.

Sure enough a little being was seen standing between them as Marcus held his head. "Ah you see it don't you the Junimo standing before us?" He asked as Marcus looked down. "Yeah, but what did you just do to me?" He asked as he looked back up. "I've given you the gift of the forest as one with nature who can see the truth." Marcus just nodded his head before looking back at the Junimo. It raised its tiny hand up and suddenly a voice entered Marcus's head. "We are the Junimos as Rasmodius has said and we wish to help restore this house."

Marcus smiled then kneeled down. "How can I help you restore this place?" he asked. The Junimo squeaked and bounced pointing to a golden scroll laying on the ground. Picking it up he could read it thanks to the gift from Rasmodius. "By making these bundles and giving them to us we can restore this house as we love bundles." Nodding he put the scroll in his pocket.

"Well I always like a challenge." Marcus said as Rasmodius laughed. "You are much like your grandfather always looking to help this town for that I'm grateful that you have not lost that but beware young Marcus for forces move against you and wish to stop you from bring this town closer together.

"What do you mean?" He asked but before he could get an answer Rasmodius vanished in a bright light. Confused about his warning Marcus looked back down at the Junimo. "Dear friend I shall hide for now until we can trust you more remember to bring bundles and trust you more we shall." With that it to faded away into the spirit realm.

The door opened back up as Marcus walked out Vincent and Jas ran over seeing him walk out and smiled and laughed. "Mr Marcus come play with us!" Said Jas to him. "I'm sorry kiddos but can I make it up to you two later?" They smiled and nodded before running back off to the play ground.

There was much that weighed on his mind but to return the community center to its glory would be the best way to repay the town for helping him and Leah out. "I'll do it I sware." He said to himself before walking back into town. There upon the river's edge Leah was soaking her feet enjoying the cool water as spirits eve drew near.

"So where have you been darling." She asked as he sat beside her. "Thinking of ways to pay back the town for helping us." he said as she smiled and giggled. "My Marcus always thinking of others and never of himself. One reason why I love you so much."

Sharing a kiss Marcus leaned back and enjoyed the warm sun still riddled and worried with Rasmodius warning. Before he could really think on it Morris appeared in town handing out fifty percent off total purchase coupons. He walked up to Leah and Marcus wearing that fake smile and offered them some. "A gift from Joja for you as thanks for letting our store be built here."

Marcus didn't smile or take it. "No thanks I only support Pierre's." he said as Leah nodded in agreement. "Yeah I prefer local goods from the community not stuff trucked in from the city." Leah responded. Morris only grinned more. "You'll both see soon enough that Joja is and will remain the superior choice to anything and everything." With that he walked off back to Joja Mart.

"I don't like it. I wish we could get that store closed down." Leah said yet Marcus seemed to be lost in thought. "Is that the threat he meant?" Marcus thought to himself before Leah lightly pushed him. "Hello earth to Marcus !" she said before he snapped out of it. "Huh ?" He said before she just smiled and leaned on him. "So how does something spicy sound for dinner tonight ?" She asked before Jodi came walking up to them. "Marcus, Leah I was wondering if you two would to join us for dinner. Since you both are like family to us I thought it would be nice to enjoy a family dinner." They both smiled and Leah stood up. "On one condition. I get to help you cook." She said. Jodi agreed and they headed off towards Jodi's home.

Despite the ups and downs of fall things had finally gotten back to that loving peaceful lazy days of the valley. Everyone was caught up in the routine of their days and not much had changed save that everyone had now coupled up and a new generation of Pelican town was in the making.

Even Jojamart had calmed down not trying to run Marcus and Leah off the farm or pressuring Lewis to sell the community center. During the last week of fall Marcus was busy getting the last minute things done from harvesting what was left of the fall crop to stocking firewood for winter indeed he was a busy man.

Meanwhile Leah was also caught up in the moment catching what fall scenery she could paint to helping Marcus with repairs and harvesting this was what fall was for a farm family. "If winter could just hold off a bit more I'd feel better about things." Marcus was saying to Leah while they were working on the last corn harvest. Leah only giggled before standing up wiping the sweat from her brow. "True but just think of all the time we'll get to spend with each other during winter." She replied with a smirk before picking up a bushel of corn.

Agreeing with her Marcus picked up the last bushel and loaded it up on the wagon Jeb had left for them to pack. Of course Jeb always tried to make it easier for him and doing this would make it so he only had to hook up his ox and just haul it away after paying Marcus of course.

Meanwhile in town Shane was enjoying a nice walk with Lucy since she had moved her she had revealed to everyone that she was not just a friend to Elliot but was indeed his cousin. For once in the longest time people saw Shane with a smile as Lucy held onto his arm. "So your going to work on your aunt's farm and quit Joja ?" she asked while looking up at him. "That's right I mean if Marcus can do farming on his own I'm sure I can take on raising chickens."

They both laughed before he looked over at the saloon. Stepping in front of him she shook her head. "Shane you promised ! Your not going to go back on binge drinking. Remember what I said ! You can only enjoy one or two beers and only when I am there or your friends." Letting out a sigh he smiled "Bruh at least I'm giving up my vice for someone better." Lucy giggled before they walked off towards Marine's ranch.

It would seem everything was going great Sam was thinking about what he was going to really do with his life and thought about what Penny was doing. "Huh I could become a music teacher and start teaching the next generation of rockers !" he said to himself was stretched out on his bed looking over at instruments.

As for Harvey he held been doing quiet well with Maru since the fair in fact he was learning about many of the inventions she was thinking of to help improve the clinic. "So if I add this machine with that it'll make it easier for you to see and hear what is going on with someone and even offer a diagnostic on what it think it might be." Maru said to him. "I like the idea but can it honestly work ?" He asked while sitting in his chair. "Well I'll run some tests then maybe we can start a study with some of the villagers to see if it'll really help you." They both smiled at each other.

Over at Pierre's, Sebastien was getting a lesson on how to a run store. It seemed Pierre had grown attached to Seb and was grooming him as it would see. "So after words you just punch in these number and the total amount will come up. " He said to Seb but Seb raised his hand as to say hold on. "You know I could write a program and bring in an updated cash register that has labels on the keys for the items you sell through organized steps such as this." Leaning over Seb started writing out the idea which showed such things as a seed listing, furniture, and food goods. "I like how you think son." Pierre said as he patted Seb's shoulder. For the first time in his life it felt good that someone took what he did seriously while Abby just smiled watching them while she stocked the the shelves.

During which Clint and Emily has gone off to enjoy a camping a trip since the fair and had recently come back. Both of them having a big smile on their faces it seemed the camping trip had been quiet fun. While Alex and Haley were talking about future things to come.

Elliot and Mary could be seen walking in town Mary had finally finished moving in with him and they were heading towards Pierre's to do some grocery shopping. Indeed as it was the town had really become closer as a community despite joja's attempts to tare it apart.

But now the end had come for fall and it was spirits eve a time for spooky fun and thrills. Marcus and Leah were walking towards the town square taking in the spooky things and live monsters that had been caught and showing on display to remind people to take it safe when down in the mines.

As they got there the gang was all there. Sam waved to them as everyone started to talk and laugh about how the fall had gone. "Hey guys ! I have like an awesome idea ! We should have a boys vs girls in the maze first group to make it to the end wins. What do you think." said Alex with a big grin on his face.

The guys smiled agreeing with him as the girls smirked being lead by Haley. "We accept after all we know guys have no sense of direction." All of them started laughing before walking to the maze. "Alright ready, set, go !" And off they went.

Marcus and Shane had teamed up together and amazingly this maze was quiet huge. "Bruh..I could use a beer right about now. You know to help with my nerves." Marcus only smirked. "I hear ya. This place is kinda spooky." Suddenly a cold chill moved behind them as if they were being watched. Quickly they froze before hearing a whisper then a pair of hands landed on both of their shoulders. "AGHHHHH!" They both yelled before turning around seeing it was Sam and Alex. "Oh man dude we totally got you !" Sam said while Alex was laughing. "Haha so I take it you guys are having as much luck as we are?" Marcus asked. They nodded in agreement and continued on while Leah and Mary were walking slowly feeling nervous and twitching at any sound.

"So..Think it was a good idea to have a boys vs girls in this place." Mary asked as Leah forced a fake a laugh. "Yes ! We have to prove the point!" She then turned around looking down at the ground pressing her index fingers together thinking to herself. "If only Marcus was here I wouldn't be so nervous." Suddenly a shadow approached them and a scream was heard. but it wasn't Mary and Leah for the only shadow in front of them was a poorly made ghost.

Hearing the scream Marcus and the others bolted only to see Harvey curled in a corner while Clint was as pale as a ghost. "Hey guys ! What..Woah what happened here." Harvey slowly stood up and looked at them. "S-something moved past us and placed an icy cold hand on Clint." Sam looked over at Clint and shook him only to have him scream the same scream that was well very girlish. Holding in their laughs Clint finally pulled himself together as Seb came out of the shadows. "Man I knew this was a good idea." Yup, Seb was the one who had pulled the horrible prank on Harvey and Clint. So now most of the boys were back together save Elliot and Shane no one really knew where they had gone off to.

It had been a few hours now and everyone had found each other save Shane. They all slowly made their way towards the middle finally only to find Shane sitting their with his arm's folded. "Well what took you ?" He said as everyone looked at each other before laughing.

For the rest of the night there was laughs and memories forming as everyone enjoyed the last day of fall. Winter was coming now and new adventures awaited.

Truly it had been a fall to remember for our couples and now winter was here though the ground had not been kissed by the first snow it was indeed a cold one to say the least. As the sun rose a brisk fog could be seen among the fields while Marcus stood upon the deck leaning against the house.

Winter wasn't his favorite season and there was many reasons why. Slowly sipping his coffee he let out a sigh as Leah came out bundled in a winter jacket. Smiling she walked over and snuggled into his chest. "To cold..Warm me up.." She said before grabbing his coffee cup and finishing it off. "Well..I was finished with my coffee anyway." His voice wasn't the normal warm sounding voice. That caught her attention she had really never seen this side to him.

Before she could ask he started to walk down the stairs and head off to the west side of the farm past the little cave. Quietly she followed him curious as to way the man she loved was acting the way he was.

It wasn't to long before he stopped in front of what looked like a shrine. He started to dust off the leaves and with his gloves on he wiped away the dust and dirt revealing what it said. His hand now on the shrine caused him to let out a deep sad sigh before Leah came up behind him and wrapped her arms around him. "So is there a story behind this shrine ?" she asked him while moving to stand beside him. "Yeah..Leah...meet my grandfather." She held her hands up to her mouth in shock.

"I'm sorry." she said as she took a step back. Marcus turned around to her and smiled. "Don't be sorry Grandpa lived a full and wonderful life." He said before turning around looking back at the shrine. "Grandpa this is Leah I wanted you to meet her." he said before she walked up to the shrine placing her hand on his. "Its nice to meet you grandpa." she said before looking at him smiling.

This was a winter of change. For once Marcus didn't feel alone and if anything he was smiling despite feeling a little sorrow but after all this was a part of life we all have to face one day. Taking her hand he smiled and said "Come on lets go for one of our walks through the forest." Smiling she nodded and off they went.

Meanwhile over at Robins Maru and Sebastien were actually for once working together which had Demetrius and Robin worried they had never seen their kids work together. "So if you can get your program going correct while I finish up the machine we should have the H.H.D up and running." Maru said with a grin on her face before Seb looked over at her with a look of not understanding. "What does H.H.D stand for sis ?" he asked while typing up the program. "Its the Human health detector and with any luck it will help doctor Harvey treat people better." Seb only smiled and shook his head. "Well if it will make sure Abby and the others stay healthy then yeah fine i'll do it."

During which Alex and Haley were over at his grandparents helping them out by cleaning and doing some light repairs to prep for the first snow fall. It seemed that everyone was busy despite it was winter but that was what made thing great.

While walking down the forest path Marcus and Leah bumped into Elliot and Mary it was a pleasant surprise for them as they all had grown close and Mary was a perfect fit in the community. "So Marc whats your plans for winter." Elliot had asked while Leah and Mary were talking about weddings, kids, and other things. "Not much to be honest just enjoying the time with Leah and maybe some light mining and fishing." Well that was half true he had started on those bundles for the Jumino's and he was going to keep working on it. Most of the bundles were done thanks to him always thinking for enough ahead to keep stuff he had forged and grew let alone also bought.

As it was a breeze picked up and Mary shook a bit. "brr its getting cold Elliot dear lets go home." she said as Elliot nodded and smiled at Leah and Marcus. "Stay warm and enjoy this blissful season of wonder !" he said as he walked off.

It was starting to get late and they were walking back home when they stopped for a moment and looked at Leah's old cottage she smiled as she stood close to him. "To be honest I never thought my life would end up like this." He looked down at her. "What do you mean by that ?" he asked. She let a sigh and looked up at him. "I always saw my life being that I would have failed as an artist then sadly moved back with Kel in the city and never really be truly happy." She said to him before looking back at the cottage. "Well look at where we are now. Happy among other things we have family here now and nothing can take that away." he replied as she smiled more and started to walk with him back towards the path home.

Pausing for a moment they looked up at the sky and as luck would have the sky started to fill with snow flakes. Leah grinned as she danced around the snow flakes lightly kissing her cheeks this had really been the first time she had seen snow and Marcus only smiled his hands in his coat pockets while he watched.

"This is amazing !" she said before walking back over and taking his arm. Marcus knew what snow meant though for farmers and people and he knew the dangers he started to think on things as they made it back home.

Lighting up a fire in the fireplace he took his jacket off and sat down on the sofa. "So winter has come at last." he said while Leah jumped on the sofa snuggling into him. "It seems so." she said while they looked into each others eyes. What surprises did winter have in store for them.

The first snowfall had covered the valley in a winter bliss. The crisp cold air nipping at noses as the kids enjoyed building snow forts and having snowball fights it was truly a winter wonderland.

Despite all the fun for being a farmer the work was never done. From repairing fences to cutting down trees for firewood so Marcus was still busy as always. Yet for some odd reason Leah wasn't herself perhaps it was a winter depression or maybe she didn't understand exactly what farmers went through.

Coming home with a wagon full of wood Marcus had started putting the wood away when she walked out. "Marcus. Do you love me? " raising an eyebrow he turned to her then smiled going back to putting the wood away. "Of course I do. Why would you ask such a thing ?" She put her thumb to her lip biting it lightly. "Well if you do why won't you spend more time with me ?" He paused again. "I am going to spend more time with you. It's always busy the first of the season. I want to make sure we have enough firewood for the winter and the fences are all setup and ready for spring." saying that in a rather aggravated tone.

To him she was questioning his devotion to her. If he didn't care about her why would he work so hard to make sure they would make it through winter. Why would he have stood up for her if he didn't love her or put himself and his farm endanger if he didn't care. Those thoughts raced through his mind before he stood up and folded his arms.

"Do you love me?" He asked looking at her. She paused for the longest time before looking up at him. "I see well when you've made up your mind. You can find me at the saloon." He said walking off. The fact she didn't answer let alone paused on it for such a long time told him at least in his mind that she still questioned it.

Looking down at the ground she slowly walked back inside holding back tears as Marcus started talking to himself heading down the path towards town. "After everything I've done after all that I've gave I know she had given up a lot and gave to me but to pause like that ! To not give an answer right away and feel like I don't spend enough time with her ! The nerve ! Its not like I get to choose to have days off its not like I can paint or carve a piece of art then take a few days off. No I have responsibilities to the farm and her! Worst of all I came back to take over the farm and keep my promise to her !" A rather highly debated conversation with himself indeed as he made it to town and headed straight to the saloon.

As tears rolled down her cheeks she tried to wipe them away before flopping down and rather roughly slamming her back into the bookcase. A small book hidden away fell down onto her lap as she looked down. Picking it up she opened it and looked inside. It was journal that he had kept since he was a kid. She started to read. "Today I made a promise to the red headed girl that we would get married and I would come back to Stardew valley." She smiled as more tears came down and moved a few pages ahead. "It's been a long day working at Joja I came back home and stumbled upon the early entries of this journal I actually found a picture of me and that girl from so many years ago. I wonder how she is doing I even wonder if she's married. To be honest I remember that promise. Maybe I'll head down there and visit."

She let a out a sigh and felt guilty he did love her and she was starting to understand now. She flipped to the last entry. "Today I'm engaged to Leah I love her with all my heart I know it may seem I don't spend enough time with her but doing what I'm doing is to ensure that she has the best possible life I can give to her." Quickly she slammed the book shut and grabbed her coat running towards town tears flying past her as she ran.

Meanwhile in the Saloon Gus had poured Marcus a small glass of corn whiskey he knew when Marcus wasn't talking he was in a bad mood. "Maybe you should go home I know that look anywhere." Finishing the glass he let out a sigh. "Yeah I guess I should I didn't think being in a relationship would have its ups and downs." Gus smiled then looked at the glass. "Relationships are like food and drinks sometimes they are good sometimes they are bad but that is how life is." Marcus nodded and smiled. "True I'm going to go home and make things right."

With that he grabbed his coat and headed out heading for the path. As he turned around to look back at the town he felt someone tackle him to the ground. "Oof !" He said as he looks up at the sky feeling warm tears on his chest as he heard a cracking sad voice. "I'm sorry ! I'm Sorry ! " was all she could say as she held onto him tight.

Finally tears we're rolling down his cheek. "I'm sorry too." Like Gus said Relationships have their ups and downs and as much are forged through trial and error. Sure enough they had learned a lesson to trust each other but most of all have a better understanding of each other.

Later that night they snuggled close by the fire smiles on their faces finally understanding each other and their points of view. But soon the Festival of Ice would be coming and another chance for everyone to have a good time with laughs and joys.

As the days went by everyone seemed to be getting closer to each other learning more about each other from abby's lust for adventure to Seb's feelings of leaving town. Everyone was changing Alex wasn't the big muscle headed guy people thought he was as Haley truly began to see things in a different perspective.

As for Clint he had found his courage to be the man he wanted to be for the woman he's loved and Emily being with Clint and feeling accepted and not always feeling she was the odd one out of the group really showed her what the true meaning of being yourself was.

Maru and Harvey were in the midst of planning their wedding as it so happened to be in this season while Penny and Sam spent more and more time together expanding their ideas on teaching the next generation.

Shane and Lucy had spent most of the end of fall finishing up a small little cottage near Marine's while Lucy made sure to keep Shane's demons in check. As for Elliot he had finally had a break through in his writing now that his muse was here and living with him. Mary as well found something meaningful to her in the form of everlasting friendship.

Who would of thought winter would bring out the best in people and as for Marcus he had finished up most of the bundle's save one that awaited spring to come. Yet it was odd no one had heard or seen Morris or any of the Jojamart cronies which didn't sit right with Pierre.

The festival of ice had finally come and rumor had it that a grand prize was to be won for the best fisher which had all the guys going. Despite winning the prize bragging rights were also to be won which was normal for most guys at least for this bunch.

"Dude I'm totally going to win the fishing contest." Sam said as the guys started to walk down to the frozen lake. "Bruh. In your dreams." Shane said with a grin while the others hid a laugh or two. "Now now come on guys its not about winning but the fun we have." Harvey had said always being timid when it came to these things. "Meh I don't see the point in doing such a thing. Its a waste of time." Seb said yet secretly he wanted to be number one it would seem Abby had influenced him to be a bit more bolder even though he didn't show it. "I've been working on my arms for most of this year so these fish won't even have a chance to fight back." Alex was saying while flexing his arm while Elliot, Clint and Marcus slowly distanced themselves from the rest in attempt to save themselves from the bragging.

"The contest hasn't even started yet and those guys are already bragging" Clint said with his hands behind his head. "Agreed I personally would rather right an epic poem on this as the battle of wits over fish began." Marcus laughed at Clint and Elliot's comments. "personally I'm just looking forward to having fun today then again bragging rights would be nice since I want to impress a certain someone." Oh boy that was the one thing not to mention as all the guys had heard that which made this even more important to win then some bragging rights. Yup the old show off to impress gig as it would seem.

The girls were all talking while looking at the snow sculpture's and bits and bobs people had brought out. "I can't wait. Harvey has already set things up for the wedding." Maru said in pure bliss. "Marriage is so old fashioned Seb and me see that we don't need some piece of paper to be together." Abby had said being the rebellious type to forgo traditional values. "Personally I'm just happy with the way things are. I know Shane has a good heart I well just oh alright I wish Shane would ask me to marry him !" Lucy said in a raging fit feeling it wasn't fair for her to not be engaged. "Oh please like Alex hasn't asked me yet so get over it drama queen." Haley said trying to push Lucy's buttons. Since Lucy had came to town it seemed Haley and her had developed quiet a rivalry between the two of them. "Now now girls lets not get into a fight over these things. I mean come on we all should just be happy we have the guys we love in our lives." Being one to always point out the obvious with what Penny said. "True but you know we can all agree on though is praying that our guys down embarrass us during the fishing competition." Leah stated as they all laughed in agreement.

Now it was time the great fish off and to see who would be the champion and claim their bragging rights and hopefully impress their loves.

"Alright ! Welcome to the festival of ice's annual fishing tournament remember the one who catch's the most will be the victor." Lewis said as everyone readied their fishing polls. "Begins !" He shouted as everyone released their lines into the icy cold water.

The first bit went to Alex who quickly jerked up sending the fish flying right into his face knocking him down on his back. "Gah !" he said before putting the fish into the basket. Next up it was Seb who perfectly aced his first catch right in his basket. Marcus had hooked one but the second one had gotten away while everyone else had caught a few more.

As for Sam he used what he thought would lure to fish to him by singing fish songs. Apparently it was working as he was leading the rest in catches. Poor old Clint was having a whale of a time just trying to catch his third. Apparently this fish was pretty clever getting away with the bait each time he cast.

Elliot was thinking of someway to memorialize this event in words and not paying attention to his line at least until it pulled hard enough to pull him in. A loud splash was heard before Elliot crawled out shivering. "Forgo this ! I'm a writer not a competitor" With that he forfeited and headed over to the nearest fire to warm up while Mary got a change of extra clothes for him.

It was down to the wire now who would win ! Who who indeed ! The buzzer went off and everyone stopped. Lewis began to start his count as the guys waited excitement in their eyes.

"Well It was a close one this year but our winner is Shane !" All the guys looked over at Shane who had one hand in his pocket and his other holding a can of joja cola. "What ?" he said as defeat set in. "Well so much for our bragging rights." Sam said as he sat down on the ice. "Ah well we can try again next year." Marcus stated bring spirits back up as the guys got pumped. "Right ! I'm going to have to work on my fishing skills and make it into a exercise routine to keep my arms and legs in check !" Alex said while the guys all agreed that they would have a rematch next time.

"Marcus ! You did great !" Leah said as she jumped into his arms laughing. "That's my Alex always proving to me he has strength." Haley said wrapping her arms around him. "Good try dear but lets sit you down before you fall down." Maru said while helping Harvey over to a bench. Poor guy he wasn't the best in shape. Lucy just stared at Shane then grinned "Alright since you won. We can enjoy a pack of beer tonight." Shane just grinned back. "Its a date" he said as Lucy leaned into him. "My dear have you fund your epic poem to remember this day by?" Mary asked sarcastically as she placed a blanket over him. " Of course ! It shall be called ! On thin ice ! The day I learned that fishing is overrated !" he said before they both started to laugh. "Your voice did wonders I'm impressed. Can you do the same with me?" Penny said cuddling into Sam. "I dunno but we can try babe." he replied. Emily placed a hand on Clint's shoulder. "You did your best that's all I can ask." She said before giving him a kiss om the cheek. "After all you're better at what your gifted with such as your hammering skills on hot molten metal." Clint tried not to laugh but Emily always was able to make him smile.

So came the reward Shane was given a new fishing rod and two free fish dinners at the saloon. Well that was how do we say some reward.

Yet now Morris appeared holding papers in hand as he smiled "Come one come all Seventy-five percent off with each new member who signs up for a membership." Marcus smiled changed a frown followed by some anger seeing most of the villagers save the younger group head off to sign up.

"Dude that was a low blow." Sam said as the other nodded. "I know we have to figure a way to get Joja out of our town." Marcus replied. "Well lets not worry about that tonight I say we go enjoy some time down at the saloon." Harvey said as everyone agreed.

Tonight they would party celebrating Shane's victory yet though it seemed everyone was having fun Leah and Marcus were in deep thought looking at each other. "If everyone buys a membership Morris will have the support he needs to take the community center's land away and find a way to close down our farm." Leah said as Marcus rested his chin upon his hands.

"At least all of us are Anti - Joja." He said looking at their friends. "But for how long ?" She replied. Things didn't look good at all and that fear of Jojamart winning and destroying what they had all worked hard to get was bitter sweet. Yet they had time and first and foremost they all had to prepare for a wedding.

Although the thought of Joja pulling something nasty out of their bags of tricks was on the mind of Marcus and Leah yet there was no time to worry about that. During the past few days everyone was running about preparing for the next big event for the town.

Leah had been asked to be one of the bride's maids for Maru while Marcus had been asked to be one of the groomsmen for Harvey for the wedding. Just about all the guys and gal's were asked to be bride's maids and groomsmen save Penny she had been asked to be maid of honor since Maru and her had been and still are best friends. As for the best man Harvey had asked Elliot who was more than happy to accept.

Quiet honestly the whole town was in an up roar and this was only the beginning. "Alright guys ! I need you're help ! I'm so scared and nervous I almost feel like I could pass out !" Harvey said his voice shaky. "Bruh. Just have a cold beer that will solve all your problems." Shane said leaning back into the sofa in the saloon parlor where the men's war room was setup. "Uh I don't think that is a good idea. After all need we have a repeat of spirits eve." Elliot stated as all the guys agreed. "Harvey dude you got to man up like getting ready for a big game !" Alex had said which didn't help at all it seemed to make things worse.

"Guys guys come on we need to band together not offer suggestions that will make things worse." Marcus said patting Harvey on the shoulder. "What we need to do is become team Harvey and do the best we can to get him ready for his big day." Harvey lightly formed a smile to him Marcus always knew the right words to say. "Yeah I mean after all being married is like the end of your life pretty much." Seb said which was typical. "Yeah but come on ! Its something better dude. I mean look at the next part he's like totally hooking up with one of the girls who are actually hot in town and not only that she's got the brains to really help him out." Sam said grinning. "True and also think of the custom rings I'm making for you two I'd hate to have gone through all that time for you turn yellow and run away." Clint put in.

"alright !" Marcus said hitting his opened palm with his fist. "Lets get to work ! First off Harvey we need a list of things to get done for you." Harvey looked down in shock before looking up. "Well first thing is I need someone to help me with writing my vows." He said. Elliot smiled for a moment. "I shall help you ! After all it is the best mans duty to help ! Let us meet at my place tonight and work on it together." Harvey nodded before thinking of another thing. "Next I'm going to someone to help setup the area where we are going to have the wedding such as setting up the tents and other things." Sam and Alex and Seb all put their hands together and cheered. "Gooo team ! we got this !" Just as they said that they were out the door. "Next I need someone to setup refreshments such as drinks and food. " Shane grinned. "Leave that to me and don't worry I'm not going to just set out beer and more beer"

As for Clint he already had his task which was crafting the rings. But for Marcus well Harvey had a special task for him. "Marcus. I wouldn't ask anyone to do this but you. I need you to lead the group you have the talent and gift to keep this all on track." Marcus was shocked but humbly accepted after all someone had to keep the guys in line.

Now that the guys had setup everything it was much different over at Emily's place where the girls war room had been setup. "Okay girls ! Its time to put on the war paint ! Haley I need the latest fashion accessories for my wedding dress, Emily I place in your awesome hands the crafting of my dress, Abby I need your stealthy skills to spy on the guys with constant updates, Penny you will not leave my side cause I need all the emotional support I can get and I also need your opinion on things. As for you Leah I need your artistic talent to make the wedding decor I know you can do it with the help of Mary and Lucy." Maru said as if she was the general commanding her army to go forth and conquer.

"Oh I love when Maru is like this I so look forward to gathering the dirty details on what the guys are doing." Abby said with a grin on her face. Meanwhile Emily was locked in her room working on the dress while Haley was researching Penny had gone off with Maru while Leah, Mary, and Lucy were going over a wedding magazine on latest decorations they could make from scratch. "I don't know do you think we should go with the snow flake theme or Winter bliss ?" Leah asked the girls. "Oh we so need to go with Snow flakes." Lucy said but then Mary cut in " No no we need to do winter bliss." Soon enough Lucy and Mary got into a shouting match over what theme while Leah held her head this wasn't going to be easy and she knew Maru had assigned the most difficult task with the most non agreeable girls out the group. "I'm so going to remember this Maru just you wait." Leah said.

As the days went by things were coming together from the guys doing their task's flawlessly with Marcus constantly running back and forth making sure everything was in check. While the girls too were working great together and finally Leah got Mary and Lucy to end the debate and finally went with another theme called Winter crystals which suited things just perfectly.

Yet for some odd reason things had felt right Joja hadn't intervened and Harvey actually seemed excited now instead of scared.

The big day had finally come and everyone was getting read the boys were putting on their tuxedos while the girls were putting on their dresses. The setting was absolutely perfect the alter was adorned with Snowflakes and laced light blue strands to symbolize ice wrapping around the stand biding together to show one becoming one. While above clear crystal snowflakes with little crystal stars kissed the canopy the aisle runner was a light blue with what seemed kisses of snow here and there. It was set perfectly and as it should be. "Alright guys come on in come on in now remember we have got to keep this guy from running away." Marcus said pointing to Harvey as all the guys smiled and put their hands together yelling go team.

While the girls all smiled looking at Maru, Leah couldn't help but feel excited for her own wedding coming up soon. "Wow Maru you look so elegant." Lucy said smiling while Emily held back tears just feeling so happy for them. "Alright are we already girls?" Maru said as they all nodded.

It was the eleventh hour now as the music started the groomsmen walked down the aisle with the bridesmaid around holding onto their arms Leah smiled looking at Marcus practicing for their own wedding. After the groomsmen maid down with the bridesmaid Harvey started to walk down the aisle dressed in a elegant light blue tuxedo his hair combed back and his face shown with confidence. Taking his position next to Elliot the guys gave him a thumbs up as the music started for Maru's entrance. Holding onto her fathers arm she started to walk down towards the alter dressed in a beautiful silken white dress kissed with lace of light blue her vale dotted with little snow flakes as if she had been changed into a princess her tiara was made from mother of pearl shells looking very regal everyone gasped then smiled lost in her beauty as she finally made it.

"Now then ! As the regional barer of the seal of matrimony it is my great pleasure to preside over this union of two becoming one." Lewis said as he smiled. " Harvey when you first came here you brought kindness and a way to help our small town by becoming its doctor and Maru being so smart several of your inventions have come a long way in helping our community. Now then do you two both promise to care for one another be there for each other during the good and the bad times together ?" They both replied yes. "Good good now will you two honor each other and never forget that today you become a family and not just yourselves anymore." They nodded and smiled. "Then may I ask for the rings." Elliot pulled out the custom crafted rings giving them to Lewis. "These rings a symbol of your love are there to remind you of your love towards each other. Now please place these rings on your hands to seal the bond." They both slipped their rings on each others finger. "Now let us complete this moment with a kiss." They shared a passionate kiss as the crowd awed and smiled clapping. "I present to you Harvey and Maru husband and wife !" everyone cheered and it was now off to the party.

The whole reception was grand everyone happy talking about their own weddings while Lucy was still trying to drop hints at Shane for him to purpose to her. Abby was talking to Seb about maybe they should have a wedding instead of going with the whole We'll just live together and not worry about traditional things. Leah and Marcus were enjoying dancing while Elliot and Mary shared a glass of wine together. Clint and Emily were no where to be seen as Haley and Alex seemed to be in deep conversation she of course was smiling and blushing.

After all the fun and stuff it was time for Maru and Harvey to say goodbye to everyone but before they could Morris made his appearance. "As the customer representative of Jojamart we would like to gift the happy couple with a three day two nights stay at the mountain retreat on us." Shock but happy they accepted.

"So this is their game" Marcus's thought as he folded his arms despite having a smile on his face deep down he was frowning. Leah knew him to well and she could tell as she leaned in close to him to reassure him things would be okay. Yet Marcus knew Morris would use tactics like this to basically buy over those who were still opposed to Joja's will.

This time it seemed Joja had declared out right war on the remaining people who opposed them. This winter was going to get interesting now and it would seem Marcus, Leah, and the gang would have to work together now to fight off Joja.

The days and weeks had moved on since the Wedding for Maru and Harvey despite the bribe as many of the gang had called joja's gift to the two thing's had calmed down. The winter had actually been a very good one indeed as Marcus had enjoyed the time off spending as much time with Leah as he could but he also had time to himself fishing with the guys or talking with The towns folk down at the saloon.

Life was almost perfect it seemed despite the winterstar blow out sale that had cropped up just before the festival with the slogan "Get that perfect gift for that perfect someone ! 50% off all Winterstar gifts !" A good attempt and yet their was still a handful that shopped there most of the community had come together. Laughter could be heard as everyone was talking of the feast and how the community had changed for the better there was happiness to be felt.

Traditionally during the feast of the winterstar they had secret gift givers who we're randomly chosen and sent a week before letters telling who was their secret person to give a gift to. As it was someone must of been thinking of Marcus's first winterstar was to make his person his own fiance Leah. A smile upon his face as to was her's as it seemed they both we're each others secret gift giver.

Later that week Marcus and Sam we're hanging out at the dock looking out at the vast ocean thoughts on the future. "So have you gotten Leah's gift yet?" Sam asked him as he leaned on the light post. "Yeah I just finished it over at Clint's this morning." Sam grinned hearing that. As it was Marcus was an decent blacksmith spending all that time smelting metals and learning from Clint. "So what did you make her ?" he asked as he sat down next to Marcus who had sat down on the dock enjoying the light breeze. "A bracelet in graved with the image of the tree we made a promise to each other as kids." Sam was impressed. "Dude You really know who to play it smooth don't you ?" Marcus laughed. "Well yeah I mean I did spend a lot of time in the city growing up." They both laughed.

It seemed Sam and Marcus had grown really close to each other save the rest of the gang but then again Marcus had grown close with all the guys it seemed as if they all had become as close as brothers yet Marcus always turned to Sam on important matters.

"So who was your secret person?" Marcus asked with curiosity. "To be honest It was Pam this year who'd thought my fiance's mother would be mine." A laugh came out of him. "Well you know that is actually good in your case. Pleasing your future mother-in-law will give you brownie points." Another laugh was shared as the sun began to set.

"Well I better get going Penny wanted to meet me later near the library." Marcus nodded and gave him a thumbs up. "Good luck." He said with a coy grin before too getting himself up and making his way to home.

Opening the door Leah had a wool blanket draped around her arms as she was in the kitchen cooking up a vegetable stew. She smiled looking at him. "Welcome home dear. Did you have a nice day today?" Marcus nodded and smiled before sitting down at the dinner table. "Indeed caught some fish and sold them to Willy then enjoyed a nice chat with Sam. How about you?" Leah giggled a bit then turned back to the stew. "I too had a rather nice day today. Mary, Lacy, and Abby came by today and we all had a nice lunch before heading down into town. Word has it that Sebastien purposed to Abby as she had a mermaid pendant wrapped around her wrist."

"Oh really ? Well I'll be looks like they at least kept to one tradition huh?" Marcus said with a light laugh as Leah smiled holding in a giggle. "Yes as it would seem." She replied as she grabbed two bowls down from the cabinet. Marcus arose from the chair and walked over grabbing one of the bowls. "Smells good darling." he said as she filled his bowl and hers. Both of them sat down next to each other at the table and smiled. The stew was very good indeed as Marcus had at least two extra helpings more.

Later that night sitting by the fireplace on the floor Leah was looking into it lost in thought as Marcus lay upon the sofa reading a book. "Marcus. why didn't you come back until now. You know back to the valley?" Marcus placed the book down on his chest then looked over at her. "To be honest I don't know why I came back in all honesty perhaps I was tired of a life in the city doing the same thing everyday not feeling like I accomplished something or feeling as if my life had meaning. Then again when I stumbled upon my old journal after reading the letter my grandfather had left reminding me of our promise that too was another reason I came back."

She smiled as she got up and walked over to him moving the book aside she laid down on top of him looking into his eyes. " I'm very thankful that you did come back. So thankful that you even kept your promise to me. I love you Marcus." He smiled looking back into her eyes. "As do I. I love you too Leah."

With that the day came to an end soon it was time for the feast of the winterstar. Putting on his leather coat and a black shirt with his blue jeans Marcus put on his lucky baseball cap and smiled as Leah adorned a green winter coat with her blue jeans and her neatly braided as she placed light blue earmuffs around her ears. "Are we ready to go ?" He asked her as she grabbed the neatly wrapped gift from the table. "Yup lets go."

A light snow had fallen the night before offering a wonderful view as the moonlight kissed it reflecting it back up as if they were walking on silken clouds of cosmic rays. Upon entering the town the sound of laughter and music filled the air as they walked towards the center of the square. Greeted by the gang they all smiled and laughed. "So shall we start with the gift giving ?" Harvey said as they all agreed. It would seem all the young couples had been giving the same gift as Marcus and Leah in that each other was their special gift giver. Marcus handed over the box he had wrapped to Leah as she handed over hers to him. Opening the box she had given him a gold pocket watch was engraved with the farm and a picture of her in the watch. "Oh darling I. I'm speechless this means so much to me." He said as he took it out and set the time placing it in his pocket. "Now I will always have you with me where ever I go." He said as she started to unwrap her gift she paused for a moment after opening the box a few tears rolling down her cheeks as she smiled placing the bracelet on her wrist she then jumped causing him and her to fall down into the snow as she planted a kiss on his lips. The other laughed and smiled as it seemed the guys all did well as affections were shown.

But the night was not done yet as right on time Morris entered the festival grinning. "Come now all this fun brings more joy to me as we are now. I'm pleased to announce that we will be having a eighty-five percent off sale staring in the next ten minutes." Ruining the fun as always people were getting ready to leave to head to Joja when Marcus climbed up onto a wagon near by. "Wait ! Please wait ! Don't go we are all having such a good time spending it with each other ! Can we not keep doing so instead of running off towards a big sale that tares up apart from what really matters ?" Most of the town stopped and agreed as some continued on that was until a bright light began to shine from the community center as if the stars and heavens themselves were placed down upon it. Everyone stopped and looked towards it as the paper in Marcus's back pocket began to glow. "Dear your back pocket look!" Leah said as he turned to look and pulled it out he opened it up and read it aloud. "To those that remained true and to you our friend you have proven yourself more than ever. A thanks and a gift from the winterstar we bestow upon you." With that the letter vanished as the light too vanished revealing a fully restored community center.

In awe the whole town entered looking at it. "Its like it was before Joja came here." Lewis said in shock as everyone looked around as the memories of what life was before Joja came here. As Morris entered he to was in shock. "No this can't be ! Wait I know ! Listen up Joja is now having a ninety-five percent off sale! happening now." As if all that hard work was seeming to fall apart Pierre spoke up. "No, Not this time. I've had enough of this corporate attempt to ruin this town and corrupt the good people in it!" He said as everyone turned looking at him. " George remember when you use to do the crossword puzzles in the paper while sipping coffee in the kitchen." George smiled at him. "The good old days." Pierre then turned to Willy. "Willy remember when you did that crab experiment that went hay-wire." Willy looked over at the fish tank and sighed. "Aye indeed the whole center was crawling with em the next morning but then Gus did the crab bake with that garlic butter that I still remember to this day."

Pierre then looked at the younger group who were to be the next in line to bring their own kids into this town. "And what about all of you? Do you want your kids to grow up with the same sense of being in a community as it was for us?" They all agreed then Clint shouted out being the most timid of them all. "Boycott Joja !" Shane smiled and to shouted out. "I quit ! Joja has no right to be here anymore !" Sure enough as the chanting began it grew stronger and louder as the shock set in for Morris. "I'm ruined ! " With that he quickly ran out.

A victory it was for everyone that night as they celebrated the rest of the feast in the center. But it wouldn't be long before the end of the year would come and a fresh start to the next would begin but this time it was a true start for the town as they themselves regained all that they had lost becoming a community once again.

After the events of the feast of the winter star spring had come into bloom the snows melted the green grass and lovely flowers came into the world as it was the village had never seemed better.

Mayor Lewis had finally come out about the truth of him and Marnie and to his shock the town had already knew and was happy that at least he had come out with the truth. To better put it as Leah said to him. "Sir we all deserve to be happy and no one should be alone. We don't judge you any lower or any different with the bond you share with Marine. Your still the town's mayor and will be."

As it was wedding dates had been planned for this year as well as other things news had been heard that Maru and Harvey were trying for a baby and that Alex and Haley had finally set a date for their own wedding.

As for the first start of the season Leah and Marcus were as always during the first week busy planting crops and doing repairs. It was hard work but fulfilling work none the less. "I never thought farming would be so demanding yet fun." Leah said as she straightened up from bending over in her hand made straw hat smiling as she looked over at him. "It does have its highs and lows but if you don't love what you do then what is the point in doing it." he replied as she laughed. "True and so much is going on this year from weddings on the way to our vary own to even the new house upgrade Mrs. Robin is doing for us." Marcus nodded in agreement as he dusted his knee's off and grabbing a canteen heading for the shade of the apple tree that had been planted by them years ago as kids. Leah walked over and leaned on him smiling as she looked up at the cherry blossoms in bloom. Marcus took a gulp from the canteen then offered it to her as she took it.

"So have you thought about having kids ?" She asked him as he was leaning on the tree. "Yeah I'd like to have a big family you know maybe some little artists and farmers running around. Feeling relived she smiled before rubbing her stomach apparently she was hiding a secret for now but legally they were married on paper they just wanted a ceremony to celebrate it. You might be wondering why they did that and as you recall they indeed had suffered at the local laws the threatened to take away their land by Morris so to prevent another incident they along with Lewis did the paperwork.

As it was the time was drawing near for their wedding it was now a few days away despite the fun they had during the egg festival but as they had planned their wedding was to come after the flower dance.

Everything had been set and for the town this was to be a celebration to remember but even better Leah had come up with an idea that all the couples agreed would be perfect. All the couples would marry the day after the flower festival that meant Alex and Haley, Elliot and Mary, Shane and Lucy, Penny and Sam, Emily and Clint, and Abby and Seb. Maru smirked at the idea "I think it's neat that you're going to do this I just had a feeling Harvey would of ran out on me if it was something like this and besides I rather watch and enjoy the moment." It was on what Maru had said if they indeed had joined in on this Harvey would of freaked as it was it took all the guys to keep him busy until the start of their wedding.

"True besides we need a maid of honor for all of us." Lucy said with a grin. Maru blinked for a moment then as the words sank in her eyes widened. "Seriously ? You guy's want me as your maid of honor ?" All the girls replied. "Yes !" Maru fought back some tears she didn't think she was really apart of the group and it finally dawned on her when Penny said. "We are all like sisters we've always been there for each other and its only right that we all be together on this day." They all nodded and agreed. "I never had a sister and I've always wanted one" Abby said as Haley chuckled. "great more odd sisters to add to my family. I wouldn't have it any other way."

As it was the guys were in the same boat agreeing they we're all brothers and that Harvey had to be the best man. "Dudes you do know that Harvey is like our senior now since he was the first to marry us." Harvey laughed. "No Marcus is remember that mess in fall he and Leah had to legally marry to make sure they wouldn't get fined again." Marcus nodded. "Yeah if Morris had just kept his big nose out of this it would be such." Sam patted Marcus on the shoulder. "Bro it's just a piece of paper you and Leah are really honestly getting married after tomorrow forget what some piece of paper says." Marcus nodded and smiled as he leaned back. "Everything is going to change now. But I'm excited to see what happens now." Shane laughed "Tell me about it. Sober, Living in my own place, Having a girl that supports me all the way. Can't complain about how life is now." Clint nodded. "True I mean seriously I can't see my world without Emily now." Talk about a bunch of guys getting sappy over their girls. "I've been waiting for this day for awhile now I even wrote an epic poem for it. Such days and weeks gone by such patients have I to finally marry my betrothed to fulfill my promise such days and weeks were worth the wait." Elliot said as the guys lightly clapped they we're never one for his well over stated poems but it couldn't be helped he was a writer after all.

"I will agree on some of that but in the end at least I'm happy to have all of you as my friends. To be honest when I first came here I didn't think I would make it as a farmer but as we all got to know each other and well helping each other we've all really come a long way in bonds that will last forever." Marcus said as the guys turned to him and smiled as they knew he spoke the truth.

The flower festival was now upon them and each guy and gal we're enjoying it but most had left early to prepare for tomorrow. Leah and the girls kicked Marcus out of the farm house as the guys had to shack up in the Saloon.

The town had worked hard decorating the square binding flower bouquets to a large tent with arbors adorned with different things each symbolizing each couple. From a Hoe intertwined with a paint brush for Marcus and Leah.Each pillar also had these decorations for each couple and their talents. Traditional white lace sheets intertwined between the pillars. Cherry blossom petals were placed in nets above for a surprise that would come during the ceremony.

The day had come as the town took their seats and looked on in excitement as the music started. They all stood as the couples started to walk down the aisle. First was Maru and Harvey followed by Alex and Haley, then Mary and Elliot, Shane and Lucy, Clint and Emily, Sebastien and Abigail, Sam and Penny, and finally Marcus and Leah. All dressed in white gowns and black tuxedos nothing special but plain and common for them as they had learned it wasn't in the price and look of things but the closeness of friends and family.

Lewis smiled as they all stood under their arbors adorned with their symbols of love and binding truths. "Ahem. This is a first for our little town as we watch our next generation form before us. In the history of this town we had never had such a ceremony. Enough though of such things and let us begin." Lewis said as everyone looked up at him. "Do you all promise to care for one another in good and bad times ?" They all replied yes. "Good good, Do you all promise to love each other till the end of your time to up hold the bonds of marriage ?" They all replied yet again yes. "Then seal this promise with a kiss." As they all kissed Lewis shed a few tears. "May I present to you the new husbands and wives and finally to end all this confusion at least for me." He said as he pulled the cord releasing the cherry blossom petals. Suddenly the town broke into celebration as we had finally seen another chapter in the lives of our couples.

Life was good and as the celebrations came to an end Leah and Marcus lay in bed as she rolled over laying her head on his chest. "Marcus what would make this day better for you?" Marcus blinked for a moment "I don't know I mean it would be kinda hard to top this day." She then moved up to his ear and whispered. "What if I said the sound of little feet being heard." He paused for a moment. "You mean getting a barn and bringing in some livestock? " She shook her head. "No. I mean what if I said I had cravings for pickles and ice cream ?" He rolled over to look her in the eyes. "Odd cravings indeed but hey whatever you crave." Boy he was not getting the hints she then got flustered. " What if I said we'll be putting that crib to use sooner !" In a harsh tone she used. "Well what we're you thinking putting some stuffed animals in...there..holy yoba ! Are you ! You can't be. I mean. " So flustered he was he fell out of bed as Leah started laughing. "Yes I am ! We're going to have a baby !" He jumped back up picking her up and holding her high as he laughed. "I'm going to be a father !" He then sat her down. "I'm going to be a father." He said again as the shock finally took in. "You're going to be a great father." She said as he sat down on the bed. "I don't know I mean my dad passed away when I was a kid..I never really had a role model save grandpa.." She leaned into his back and kissed his cheek. "Marcus you've proven to Vincent and Jas that you're a good uncle." He sighed and smiled. "True but they are not my kids." She only laughed as she got back under the covers. "You always over think things come now lets enjoy our wedding night."

One thing after another it would seem one blessing after another. Now the next generation would take the stage and play the part as new lives began. Yet despite it all life would continue on in town even though the new changes would take sometime getting use to.

As spring marked the end of old lives and the start of new there was a breeze that brought forth change. As it was Leah was starting to show it was an exciting time as well as Maru herself was also showing. Apparently hey child was going to be born in fall. it seemed all the girls were excited going over baby stuff and talking about how cute the babies would be.

Down at the dock's the guys were all hanging out talking about new changes and how married life was when Shane who was leaning against Willy's shack grinned and spoke up. "So Marcus Have you picked out a name for your kid ?" Marcus laughed. "A boy he'll be named Grant a girl she'll be named Mia." Sam raised an eyebrow. "Why Grant and Mia?" Putting his hands behind his head he looked up at the sky. "Grant was my fathers name from what my mom had said he was a good man always helping people in need. As for Mia that was Leah's grandmothers name she was the reason why she became an artist." Harvey nodded. "Sounds like good names to me." Alex turned to Harvey. "So have you thought of a name for yours ?" Nodding He turned to Alex. "Elli if its a girl and Maxwell if a boy. To be honest I'm really nervous." Elliot lightly laughed then patted Harvey on the shoulder. "You'll do fine."

It appeared all the guys had adjusted well to their new life changes and as it was the town had changed for the better. "So now the real question is what will happen to us now. All of us starting families and well starting new lives." Sam asked his arms folded up. "We just adjust as we always do. I mean its not like anything has changed really besides the girls we've been dating and been with are now our wives." Alex said. They all nodded in agreement yet again. "Well I better head back home. The baby should be here soon right Harvey?" Harvey nodded. "Any day now. So I would suggest keeping a close eye on her." Of course summer's first two weeks had come and gone with everyone enjoying another Luau with a very good stew this year and a happy governor.

Harvey believed that it was mid winter when the event had occurred so as well along as Leah was it was only a matter of time now. Finally home Leah was laying on the bed smiling as he walked in. "Welcome home honey." She said as she tried to get up. Walking over to help her up he smiled. "I see our little one is causing you trouble again huh?" She laughed her hand around her belly. "Always. The little one takes after you." Marcus only laughed as he knelt down. "Hey kiddo you got to cut your mom some slack here." He then got up and looked at her. "So what can I do for you oh lady of the house." He joked as he bowed as if he was some butler to her. "Your lady commands ! That we have lunch and enjoy a nice walk in the woods after !" She said in a commanding rather regal voice to accompany his joke. "As the lady commands." He said before they burst into laughter while he walked over and started to make a light summer salad. She had been craving salads all spring and summer as it seemed.

A nice lunch with a warm breeze that entered the house with open windows made for a rather relaxing day. Before long they got up and headed out towards the southern woods near the tree where they first met. "Hard to think we've come so far huh?" she said as she leaned into him. "I know I never thought we could come this far and now a baby on the way I guess its official now." She looked up at him with a questioned looked. "Official for what ?" He just smiled "Official that I'm the happiest man in all of town." He said while balancing himself on a log.

She only laughed when she suddenly was over came with pain. "M-Marcus !" She knelt down on the ground. "Ooh the pain Its the baby !" She said in panic as he jumped off and run over to her knelling down. "Come on I got to get you to the clinic." It would seem she really was in no state to walk so picking her up he started to run towards town. "Out of the way ! Baby on the way !" he shouted as ran past people making a bolt towards the clinic doors. As it was most of the town followed there hadn't been a baby born in town since Vincent so it was quiet a moment.

Bursting through the door Maru was there and saw. "Maru ! Its time !" Quickly she yelled for Harvey. Placing her in a wheelchair Harvey wheeled her into the operating room Marcus sat outside waiting. He was joined by Sam and the others who we're all acting as nervous uncles.

Time went by and by and fear began to set in granted he wanted to be in the room he rather stay out of Maru and Harvey's way. "Bro they are going to be alright their in the best hands in town." Sam said patting him on the shoulder. All Marcus could do was nod as he waited more.

Soon Harvey came walking out and smiled. "It went perfect you can now see them." He had a big grin on his face as Marcus walked past. Entering Maru was sitting next to Leah as she seemed tired yet there was something odd and strange she had two bundles in her arms. Walking up slowly he seemed in shock as Maru smiled and walked by. Sitting down next to her Leah smiled. "Marcus meet your son and daughter." Twins! it seemed yoba had a twisted sense of humor as Marcus took them in his arms. "Grant and Mia. Hey there I'm your daddy." Tear of joy ran down his cheeks as he smiled before setting back down next to Leah.

Leah yawned then smiled before Maru came back in. "She and the babies need some rest we just need to look over a few more things but they seem perfectly healthy." Marcus nodded and kissed Leah on the cheek. She smiled backed. "Go on I know you're going to tell all the guys. Just be back later tonight." She joked before looking back down at the twins.

Running outside the whole town was there when Marcus yelled out. "TWINS!" what a word to say as the town cheered and welcomed Grant and Mia to the community. The gang congratulated him as celebration ensured of course the community was more family than anything and as it was before the guys realized. "We're uncles now." Shane said as Elliot chuckled. "It would same the twins now have seven uncles and seven aunts a note worth writing down." Clint shook his head. "Didn't think I'd see the day someone would have twins in Pelican town."

Lewis walked over with a book and looked at Marcus. "So you've had twins may I have their names so I can register them." Marcus nodded. "Grant and Mia." Of course he used the names they had picked out for one child. "Grant and Mia alright perfect congrats though seeing your children born here makes me happy to see our little community grow a bit more."

As the day went by the guys enjoyed drinks and laughter as the girls we're allowed to go and visit Leah. "Awe their so cute ! I want one now !" Haley said as she looked at them. "Wow I never thought you would have had twins Leah." Mary said as Grant held onto her finger.

"I know I was shocked as much as you we're." she replied as Penny looked at Grant. "Grant really has his fathers looks. I feel bad for the girls he's going to be a real heart breaker." They laughed for a bit as Abby looked at Mia. "Oh dear I see a lot of you in her Leah hopefully she hasn't gained Marcus's trait for getting into trouble." Leah smiled. "Either way these two are going to be trouble. After all they are our children." Lucy laughed before looking at Mia. "Hey there Mia I'm your Aunty Lucy." Just then Mia started to cry out loud as Emily stifled a laugh while looking at Grant. "Awe ! Come on ! Aunty Lucy isn't going to hurt you !" Mia then saw Mary and cooed her crying stopped. "Oh come on ! Ugh ! Problem child indeed ! Just like her father!" Lucy said her arms folded. That was it Emily busted out laughing as the others did. Lucy even joined in as Maru looked at them. "The only thing I hope is I don't have twins." she said smiling as she sat beside Leah. All the girls agreed on that for when they would have kids.

Soon the day's went by Leah was back at home and well life had changed once more as now she and Marcus both had their hands full with taking care of the twins and the farm but they enjoyed it.

As it was summer was drawing to a close and well life just seemed perfect. At least for them. Life seemed to settle in as the twins adjusted to their new surroundings it seemed they we're bound to each other as they never left each others side if anything it brought a calm mind to Leah and Marcus as it would mean they wouldn't be fighting as much. Fall was on its way and as it was seasons of change we're abound. something was on the horizon someone from the past was on the way it seemed was it good or was it bad? Only fate it would seem.

As time went by Grant and Mia we're growing faster than those could keep up. The town was slowly changing as life moved on. Most of the couples had children of their own as long lasting bonds we're formed.

As for the farm that was left behind for Marcus so many years ago. It flourished under the watchful eye of Him and Leah. Each year brought new crops and new lives as farm animals came and went. While everyone adjusted in finding where they truly belonged it was something to behold.

Despite other corporations trying to move in when Joja left the town remained strong in keeping them out. As it was they all agreed "We are a community no matter how big we get and we will stay a community."

As it was everyone's dream seemed to be realized. Leah become a renowned artist making Pelican town an artistic destination. Artist from all around would come in fall to paint and sculpt finding inspiration not to mention it did the town good around the harvest festival.

Haley finally found what she was looking for all her life. A simpler life not having to worry about keeping up with trends. If anything she become quiet a photographer thriving on taking perfect shots. As it was some of her pictures we're featured in magazines. For Alex who was happily married to her he started to study other things besides sports word was he was thinking of opening up his own business but as for now he was working odd jobs for the town.

For Maru her dream of becoming a famed inventor spread after her successful deluxe medical scanner that had been used by local towns near Pelican town saved so many lives. Harvey of course had achieved his dream of marrying the girl he loved.

Looking at Elliot and Mary well Elliot had become a renowned author who's books touched the very souls of those who would read them while Mary found her muse in archeology donating her finds to the museum. With what she found they had learned much of the lands past history as among otherthings.

Shane and Lucy the two who didn't seem to have a goal in life finished their home and become experts in the field of raising animals to this day their chickens are prized for laying the best eggs in all the valley.

As you know of course Sam and Penny began their lives as teachers one in the arts the other all around. It was a path Sam never thought about but he found he enjoyed teaching kids about music but most of all he enjoyed watching Penny teach them about the world around them.

Clint and Emily well their story is an interesting one. With her skill in making clothes Clint found a way to put his trade to use making gold inlays for the clothing she made and Jewelry prized by all. Who would of thought Clint could make something out of nothing despite hating being a blacksmith at first.

Our dear Abigail finally found the courage to venture down into the caves becoming an expert in exploration which was something she had dreamed of. As for Sebastien he now had a purpose to stay and finally find his smile. He continued writing programs but in his off time when Abby was off exploring he was studying business and how to run a general store with Pierre.

Yet now we came down to the farm once more where Marcus was walking with Leah the twins of course we're much older now at least four years old to be exact Mia riding on her fathers shoulders laughing as the butterfly's went by while Grant held onto his mothers hand smiling as he looked at the fields the cows and sheep we're in.

"Well dear has life turned out the way you've wanted it to?" Leah asked him smiling as she looked down at Grant. "No. It hasn't" Leah stopped as Mia looked down at him shock was shown on Leah's face but Marcus turned around a smile on his face. "It turned out better than I excepted." She smiled hearing those words from her husband. "I'm a husband, A father, I have two wonderful children, a loving wife and a life I love I never thought it would turn out like this." He said as Mia laughed playing with her fathers hair. "Daddy I want down !" Mia said as he picked her up off he shoulder and sat her down. She ran over and tagged Grant they both smiled and ran off ahead of them laughing while playing tag. Leah leaned into Marcus and smiled. "To be honest I never thought my life would of amounted to this too. I never thought I'd be a mother or a wife. To be honest I didn't think I deserved a life like this." His arm around her he smiled. "I agree I didn't think the same but look us." She nodded and smiled as Mia came running up pulling on Leah's pant leg before raising her arms up wanting to be picked up. Grant of course ran over and jumped into Marcus knocking down on the ground. "Oof !" Marcus said as he looked down at Grant. "I got you !" he said as Marcus then grinned and grabbed him holding him upside down. "Now I got you." Grant could be heard laughing before Marcus righted him and held him in his arms.

Finally after their long walk they came upon Grandpa's shrine as Marcus smiled he dusted the leaves off and placed his hand on the stone. "Hey Grandpa I wanted to just say thanks for everything you did." Suddenly a blue light began to glow from the center and a spirit formed Marcus and Leah stepped back as it formed into the shape of a man.

"My grandson ! My how you've grown. Come come now don't you recognize your own grandfather !" The man said smiling at them. "Gr-Grandpa ! but but how ?" Marcus said as the twins ran up to him and smiled. "Grandpa ! daddy is this your grandpa ?" Marcus laughed as Grandpa looked down. "Good heavens it seems you have been busy I take these are my Great grand children ?" Leah smiled as she leaned into Marcus and replied. "Yes they are I'm Leah Marcus's wife." Grandpa looked up and smiled. "I couldn't ask for a better woman to be with him. I've heard of you from what Marcus has said and I'm proud to call you my Granddaughter."

Some tears rolled down her cheek as it had been a long time since she had been called Granddaughter not since her grandmothers passing. "Now then Grandson I've come back to tell you you've done a fine job to fine as a matter a fact." The once stone pillars that seemed to hold candles light up in a bright blue fire all four of them. "My final and truly final gift to you is this." A parcel formed on the shrine as he picked it up and handed it to Marcus. "Enclosed are the blueprints to making tools and machines for the farm as well as a few upgrades to the greenhouse and cave. I've been saving these for you for when you've proven yourself to me."

Marcus took the parcel and smiled. "Thank you grandpa but to be honest your final gift to me was giving me this farm and honestly giving me a purpose in life again. Helping me find Leah and blessing me with my children Grant and Mia. Nothing could replace that gift you've given me." Grandpa smiled as he looked at the little family. "Indeed it would seem I am proud of you both and I hope you're lives will be as blessed as mine was."

With those words he vanished into the air the fires stayed lit to symbolize the hard work they had done and to remind them of what the future might bring.

Over the years afterwords life pretty much stayed the same despite Grandpa coming to visit once in awhile even though he was a ghost when Marcus needed advice that none could give he would talk to him at the shrine.

But now our story ends for now at least as another begins. for Marcus and Leah they had found everlasting happiness but now we'll look towards the next generation of Pelican town and what is in store for them

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    • SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

Very nice read i fully enjoyed it and got hooked looking forward to reading more

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Congrats on being the first to post a fan fiction! I wish I had the guts to post nsomething, but considering I freak out over the idea of people seeing anything I write, that would take either some major spur of the moment bravery or me taking temporary leave of my senses. The only real suggestion/request that I'll make is that big paragraphs are a bit hard to keep up with when reading.

Lanx12 likes this.
        • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Actually thanks alot for the suggestion Usally when I start writing these things I'm half asleep but I also like getting suggestions and feedbacks it helps so I can become a better writer

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Starting to wonder how many SDV fics will at least consider Shane. (Before the inevitable influx of Abigail fics.) Not to discourage writing the Shane option if it's what you want to do- though I think you should write whatever romance options is most writable for you and is the most inspiring for you.

Lanx12 likes this.
            • SmaugBaggins

This is really coming together great @Lanx12 I wish i could write like this;-;

Lanx12 likes this.
              • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

And now we have updated to chapter 4 and adding a whole new character to the story I hope you guys enjoy and also remember I'm doing this as a community story so feel free to put in some input or pm me with some ideas. Also I've put this story on wattpad to make it easier for people so look me up there also

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
                • desbro

desbro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ahhh, my brainbaby is being introduced!! :D

SmaugBaggins and Lanx12 like this.
                  • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

I did promise an introduction..What better than to start with a phone call X3 Btw I'm..Very very very tempted...and I might get killed beat up and stomped to death by all the fan girls and fan boys out there to do this. Butttt I might bring a player into this story to be shane's waifu...-braces the door and crawls into his bunker- Yoba help me...

SmaugBaggins likes this.
                    • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Okay, now I'm curious on how that would work? Though you might want to say a player( character)'s likeness, in case the person gets offended at how you portray them.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Eh The easiest way would be is someone to send me their Character sheet on how there player's personality, Looks, And general overall job such as for example "Farmer, Miner, Fisher, Brewer" And I would insert and build that personailty into the story. It's pretty easy to insert a character if you know those three things (Personality, Looks, Job) At least for me when I'm writing Stories about my friends and other people that wanted to be included.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

So I don't usually like to double post but this is needed. Attention you Shane lovers out there I've thought it over and if you send me a pm with a short bio about your character and some details on what they do and look like along with there personality I'm gonna -gulps- yoba help me...Pick a lucky person from the list that seems best for this story and add them in as a love interest for Shane...-jumps behind his sofa and braces for the flood-...Also note that I'll make my decision two weeks from now soooo I think thats good amoutn of time.

• SmaugBaggins

*reads lanxs post and screams waking up entire family* too bad im tooo lazy xD

Lanx12 likes this.
                            • Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

@Lanx12 would you like some constructive criticism on your story? Meant in a completely respectful way from one author to another? :3

Lanx12 likes this.
                              • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

I always welcome Constructive criticism. Without it how can one improve on what they do ?

• Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

Okay, here's my two cents worth :) Please take it all with a grain of salt! Just because I say something, it's just my opinion, and shouldn't be taken as fact. (I feel like I have to say that because I'm going to point out some things and some people may think I'm nit-picking or attacking, which I'm TOTALLY not doing! <3)

Okay, looking at chapter one:

First thing I think about is your sentence structure. Although your style itself isn't bad, you do tend to make your sentences a little too long without enough punctuation. for example: "I was only Sixteen at the time when he laid in there in that bed surrounded by family he smiled at me as he handed me that letter that would change my life forever. " As general advice from me: if you can't fully say the complete sentence in one breath of air, then your mind may not be able to follow it completely. You can break that up like... " I was only Sixteen at the time (complete thought). He had laid in bed, surrounded by family (a second complete thought). He smiled at me as he handed me the letter that would change my life forever.(a third complete thought) " You have three points in one sentence, and I personally think two is enough. In other words, you use run-on sentences a whole lot. That is my biggest suggestion to you from all this.

Secondly, you have two people talking in the same paragraph. This is a real grammatical rule, and only one person should speak in a single paragraph. Each paragraph "belongs" to one person. When that focus shifts, so should your paragraph. This is critical when writing with two people of the same sex. Each "he" or "she" actions needs to be clearly defined. When it is "Background characters" you can use pronouns instead of creating a new paragraph. For example: "Gus put a pint of beer down in front of Shane, who looked at it with appreciation." Can stay one paragraph,even when in between someone else's focus... But I think that might have been understood from the start, sorry if I rambled a bit here.

Third, you use some unneeded words. Primarily these are repeated words and break the flow of consciousness. Don't let me change your style, as that's your creative writing flowing from you, but please do consider these examples:

The bus was actually very comfy compared to the city buses I use to take around the city --

--and sat down near the window I sighed as I looked out the window --

--go on an adventure." She smiled at me and asked what sort of an adventure and in response I said A life changing adventure.

--innocent little voice behind me -- i turned around and looked down at the little girl sitting in the seat next to me. -- my time on the bus playing cards with my little passenger -- we began to come into a small little valley.

To quote a great man: "So avoid using the word ‘very’ because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don’t use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys—to woo women—and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do." And I do love a good wooing. You can call your little girl many things. Small, cute, tiny, adorable, excited, curious, new friend, company, ext.

That's all for chapter one. I hope I could help you think a little on how you could improve. Again, this is just one source so don't go changing unless you feel like you need to. I'm here to help, not take over!

treebyriver and Lanx12 like this.
                                  • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Thanks really <3 I tend to do that so its good to find out from others about error's that get past my eye. I always welcome this kind of help. If you don't mind Could I bump off your opinions on the other chapters through a few pm's. My sentence structure actually need's alot of work to be honest since I've re read the chapters and noticed a few errors there.

As for the two people talking in the same paragraph I didn't even notice I did that so awsome job spotting that man oh man I really need to triple read stuff.

Also thank you for pointing out the unneeded words When I get writing I go into a fourm of tunnel vision and type exactly what I'm thinking with out thinking of the grammer then I re read it and as you pointed out must of skipped these X3 Ahh the path to writing is a curved road with no guard rails on an icy day.

• SmaugBaggins

I noticed that also my main issue is when i read this its just before i go to bed as a bed time story xD

Iffydust, InvaderRoxas and Lanx12 like this.
                                      • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

And wah lah a little luck and a little fun and Chapter 6 is up a day early woo.

Iffydust likes this.
                                        • SmaugBaggins

Thank you for my updated bedtime story Lanx <3 You are the best Bro

Lanx12 likes this.