1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Meet the Primatex

Discussion in 'Races' started by TheTwilightDancer, Apr 15, 2019.

1. TheTwilightDancer

TheTwilightDancer Phantasmal Quasar

Look here for the Steam version: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1652120652 This mod initially had a dialog issue but projectmayhem from this website helped me fix my patches. Also check out my other mods, maybe they'll also interest you.

Edit: The mod had some issues being used with the NPC Spawner + mod, and with the author's help, I foound out what the issue was. 000000 is a code for black that was used in my spritework, and it was rendered invalid, and parts showed up invisible when changing a color in the NPC SPawner. I fixed this issue by changing 000000 to 0b0b0b. The mod works fine with NPC Spawner now, but see the warning below for info on how to fix a player file, as existing players and NPCs will have black pixels in the tail because they are using the old code, player characters and crew members can be fixed by changing 000000 to 0b0b0b. I also decided to make my own version of Apex heads, and I fixed sprite issues with the feet in the sitting pose. Any mod that alters Apex bodies and heads will conflict with this mod as the game will only use one set of sprite sheets, keep that in mind. This will not interfere with any hairstyle and beard additions or changes to arms however.

My idea for this mod started from inspiration from EclipticWulf's Monkeypex mod. Also, thanks to ideas given to me by DrPvtSkittles and Hieru.Chan who created the Slime racehttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866175420&searchtext=slime+race, I figured out a way to make this into a pseudo-race mod. Hieru is able to make the Slime race have 2 different feet styles by making the feet a different color in the regular PNG image and then overriding the feet blob color with either the same color as the body (making the feet blobs show) or by making the feet blobs invisible (by putting a 00 after the color code) to make the feet appear without the blobs. I did this for Apex tails, so that some Apex are normal, and other Apex have tails. Tailed Apex are a subspecies created through Miniknog testing. (read the codex for info) These tailed Apex are nicknamed "Primatex". Also, if you want to spawn in the codex, it's apexhistory11-codex. Also look for special dialog I have added. I also replaced some other dialog with fixes and references to Primatex.

Warning: This mod won't corrupt your existing Apex characters or Apex NPCs, but they won't convert automatically to the replacement color palette code I am using in this mod to make some (but not all) Apex have tails. Only newly generated Apex players and NPCs will use the new code from the get-go. Apex players and NPCs that already exist before this mod was first installed will use the new sprite sheet but not the new color code, so they'll be given a black tail but this can be fixed. Use a player character unpacker and Notepad ++ and scroll to the bottom. The "BodyDirectives" code is what you are looking for. Next, create a duplicate Apex character (with this mod installed of course) that looks exactly like your main Apex and unpack it. Copy its "BodyDirectives" code and paste it over the body directive code of your main Apex character, save, and repack. This fixed it for one of my characters. For NPCs, this can be fixed by killing them and spawning new ones in with admin /spawnnpc commands. Spawn in some lava or something to kill them. If you want the program I use to unpack my characters, look here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fT57EnITrj4aFE-MdXHbt80aUa0C1v0v/view?usp=sharing

To use player unpack, open unpack, copy the name of your player save file, but leave out the .player bit, and ctrl V to paste it after "enter the filename of the character you want to edit" then enter. It'll make a backup of your player in case things go wrong, but make another backup regardless to be safe. Notepad ++ will let you edit your "edit me" version of your player. Use the "search" and "find" to look for "BodyDirectives". The one for your player is near the bottom of your save file, and replace 000000 with 0b0b0b. You can also do this with Apex crew members if they have tail sprite problems. You can also search the name of your crew member and it'll take you to the area where your crew member's data is. Any 000000 in their color code can be replaced with 0b0b0b. When done with edits on Notepad ++, overwrite your edit me file and run "pack" to repack your player, just paste the name of your player file (leave out the edit me and .player bits) and hit enter. Check to see if the changes show in game. Back up players before doing any kind of edit, if there are problems, I can fix it for you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019