1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Meet the Primatex

Discussion in 'Races' started by TheTwilightDancer, Feb 11, 2019.

1. TheTwilightDancer

TheTwilightDancer Phantasmal Quasar

Steam version here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1652120652&tscn=1549852732

My idea for this mod started from inspiration from EclipticWulf's Monkeypex mod. Also, thanks to ideas given to me by DrPvtSkittles and Hieru.Chan who created the Slime race https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866175420&searchtext=slime+race, I figured out a way to make this into a pseudo-race mod. Hieru is able to make the Slime race have 2 different feet styles by making the feet a different color in the PNG and overwriting the feet blob color with either the same color as the body (making the feet blobs show) or by making the feet blobs invisible (by putting a 00 after the color code) to make the feet without the blobs. I did this for Apex tails, so that some Apex are normal, and other Apex have tails. Tailed Apex are a subspecies created through Miniknog testing. (read the codex for info) These tailed Apex are nicknamed "Primatex". Also, if you want to spawn in the codex, it's apexhistory11_codex.

It was far easier to do this than to make it a separate race mod. I would've had to do tons of things to make the race mod be treated as other Apex, like copy every item description, make the race spawn with Apex as the same NPC types, etc. It was easier to do it this way. The race is already there and I just gotta make the tails transparent so many of the Apex are normal Apex. I even added new dialog, for not only Apex, but for other races when talking to an Apex character. Talk to NPCs to see if the new dialog shows. Let me know if you have issues with other dialog showing up though. On my end, my dialog and generic and default dialog shows up, but race specific dialog doesn't seem to show up anymore for me. I.E. I can get "Good day, friend." but I no longer get anything like "Hello fellow Apex, I see you escaped the clutches of the Miniknog too?" Let me know if you have issues. I don't know how to fix it so if anyone has an idea of how it can be fixed, let me know. I used "add" but not "replace" so I am confused as to why I have this issue. For now, I am submitting what I have.

Warning: While this will not corrupt your already existing Apex characters, if you have been using my other tailed Apex mod (I deleted and replaced it with this one), switching to this mod will make your Apex and already generated Apex have a black tail. This is because those Apex are still using the standard color palette in their code rather than this replacement one. I fixed my character by using a player character unpacker and Notepad ++ and scrolling to the bottom and replacing the "BodyDirectives" code. I created a duplicate Apex character under this mod and also unpacked it, copied its body directives, and pasted it over the body directive code of my main Apex character, and this fixed it. For NPCs, if you don't want them, you can always kill them and spawn new ones in yourself via spawn commands. If you need the player unpacker, just ask, I can send here, (if it'll allow) or Google Drive.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019